1.    #1  
    I have a Foscam FI89018w. It has 2 options for logging in and viewing the feed:
    1 - use ActiveX control
    2 - use "server push mode"

Obviously, #1 won't work on the Touchpad. I expected #2 to be OK as it works fine on my wife's iPad and my Android phone.

What I'm seeing is this:
    I get the login screen. What should happen next is that I get a login prompt for user ID and password. I'm never getting the login prompt. Any ideas?

Also, I have 2 DBPower (Foscam knockoff) cameras. I can't get the first screen open on those. What should happen is, once you connect to the IPort, you are prompted for an ID/password. On the Thinkpad, it just hangs.

Is there some security setting I'm missing? I have all options enabled except block popups. I turned that off assuming I might need popups.

Any ideas?
    Yeah, I had a similar issue with my Panasonic BL-230a cam. What I did was find a specific URL for the cam that allowed me to view an image which refreshed every second.

See if your Foxcam has a similar URL and then simply bookmark it.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Yeah, I had a similar issue with my Panasonic BL-230a cam. What I did was find a specific URL for the cam that allowed me to view an image which refreshed every second.

See if your Foxcam has a similar URL and then simply bookmark it.
    Looks like my applications are all Javascript and not fixed URLs. Was yours the same, and did you just do trial & error until you find one?
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Two workarounds:

1. http://cam-viewer.com I can see about 10 live frames of video using this site, then it goes black. (I'm using a Dlink DCS-5300G which natively uses Active-x also). Reloading the site brings it back. This all depends on the ability of the cam to broadcast through your network to an URL: port.

2. Splashtop Remote. If you leave a computer on at home as a middle-man, you can view the live feed and hear audio with this program.

HTH,

WyreNut
    Pre2/3/TouchPad, and TouchDroid user.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Blue Iris's Remote View using JPEG Refresh works with the Touchpad.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by WyreNut View Post
    Two workarounds:

1. http://cam-viewer.com I can see about 10 live frames of video using this site, then it goes black. (I'm using a Dlink DCS-5300G which natively uses Active-x also). Reloading the site brings it back. This all depends on the ability of the cam to broadcast through your network to an URL: port.

2. Splashtop Remote. If you leave a computer on at home as a middle-man, you can view the live feed and hear audio with this program.

HTH,

WyreNut
    cam-viewer didn't work, but Splashtop Remote works like a champ. I even have an old laptop I can leave on all the time to be my proxy.

Thanks!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by William13 View Post
    Blue Iris's Remote View using JPEG Refresh works with the Touchpad.
    Blue-Iris may also work and be a more elegant solution. But $5 for Splashtop is more budget friendly for me than $50 to monitor 3 cameras.

None the less, thanks for the suggestion. This is what makes these communities work.