1.    #1  
    Hi my TP 16gb shows that it pretty much always is using at least 500 mg of memory this is with only Govnah open so I can see the usage. Why would it be so high?
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotatoslacker View Post
    Hi my TP 16gb shows that it pretty much always is using at least 500 mg of memory this is with only Govnah open so I can see the usage. Why would it be so high?
    10 views but no answer, anyone? Beuller?
    Govnah does use a bit of memory, Did you try opening J-stop or running a task manager using Xcutah?
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

4.    #4  
    I tried jstop, but I'm a noob and can't figure out what to do with it.
    webos in general uses a lot of memory, it's browser tech after all right ? so a web browser of sorts is always running (is my understanding). I've run 'top' on my TP and while I can't recall the process off the top of my head it appeared there is somewhat of a 'master' process that other things run inside of, and that thing consumes a ton of memory, since it's all one process hard to break it down, unless you did a core dump perhaps and analyzed the memory contents (beyond my skills).

from top on my pre3
    Code:
      PID USER      PRPRPR  $NI$  $VIRT$  $RES$  $SHR$ $S$ %$CPU$ %$MEM$    $TIME$+  $COMMAND$                                                                                                                                
     $1668$ $root$      $19$  -$1$  $258m$  $97m$  $19m$ $R$  $2$.$6$ $25$.$6$  $68$:$26$.$36$ $WebAppMgr$                                                                                                                              
     $1606$ $root$      $19$  -$1$  $138m$  $44m$  $34m$ $S$  $1$.$3$ $11$.$8$ $130$:$10$.$25$ $LunaSysMgr$
    WebAppMgr and LunaSysMgr are the big ones.

I'm sure there's a ton of optimization that will never be done to it to make it better.. I wish HP would of included more ram, ram is cheap!

My Pre3 is sitting at about 315MB memory usage with 48MB swap - with 512MB of ram total.