1.    #1  
    Hey Guys,

So..... I'm trying to fix my friend's TouchPad and having no luck what so ever. I'll describe the problem the best I can and then tell you what we've tried so far.

In a nutshell, it seems almost like the drive inside the touchpad is write protected.
    I can delete and add files no problem but if I either

Restart Luna: It does a sort of "half reset" and start acting weird. Preware might not work properly or sometimes the app catalog won't connect. Plus all the icons rearrange themselves to their factory setting with my downloaded apps (both store and preware) being bundled together under the downloads tab.

or

Restart Touchpad: Any changes made during the previous session get reverted back to a point about a week ago (not factory default). Everything from icon positions, apps installed to even content on the touchpad. For example I could delete a movie or a song from my library, restart the device and the file would reappear. It's like it reflashes an earlier image of itself. (Skynet has become self aware?)

So here is what I've tried so far.

Full Erase: Nothing happens. Device restarts and we're back to square one.
    Secure Full Erase: Same thing.

WebOS Doctor: Doctor starts up... I click through the screens, progress bar appears. Usually somewhere before 28% Doctor just quits and says it had an issue resetting my TouchPad and to go to the support page. The support page is useless, just tells me to re-download and restart/connect both my devices. Which I have done.

(I'm also using the latest version of WebOS Doctor and the ToucPad is on 3.0.2)....

I also tried running WebOS Doctor from Dev. mode (Hard Reset TouchPad and then hold Power+VolUp)

When I restart the device after a WebOS Doctor attempt, things revert back to the same state as before.

help?

ps: The touchpad functions fine otherwise. Everything runs it's just....stuck....
    If the tp is oc'd go back to the stock kernel (don't forget to reboot after each change). Use preware to remove all patches, again rebooting after each change. Remove preware. You should now be close to original. Install preware again and re-install the patches you want, rebooting as you go. If this doesn't work, it might be time to call HP.
  3.    #3  
    Hey,

Thanks alot for the reply.

The tp is running Warthog's kernel OCed to 1.7ghz. It's been running fine up until earlier this week. We tried uninstalling the kernel and reverting back to the stock kernel. No luck. Upon restart the tp goes back to the same state as before and Warthog's kernel is in place again. =/
    Quote Originally Posted by lehel.babos View Post
    Hey,

Thanks alot for the reply.

The tp is running Warthog's kernel OCed to 1.7ghz. It's been running fine up until earlier this week. We tried uninstalling the kernel and reverting back to the stock kernel. No luck. Upon restart the tp goes back to the same state as before and Warthog's kernel is in place again. =/
    I had the exact same problem. There was nothing I could do either, doctor didnt work. I also had Uberkernel installed. If its any consulation, i simply sent it in to HP and they replaced it. I didnt have any problems with the fact that I OC'd it, although when I did send it in through the Butler service, i charged it and made the changes without turning it off which might have helped. Either way good luck, i couldnt find any solutions.
    I would say if that happens try using another computer, also there is a way to erase the touchpad completely in webosinternals wiki using novaterm in bootie mode
    (hidd) user.emerg: AddNewFinger: WARNING!!!!!!!: 99 FINGERS ADDED in 1 secs
  6.    #6  
    Hey guys,

Thanks alot for the feedback. Gonna try a few more things today (wiping via novaterm being one of them).... Will keep you posted. It doesn't seem to be a super common problem judging by the lack of previous threads on both here and xda but hopefully we can find a solution other than sending it back to HP.
    I just found that i have the same problem. Worst of all, it seems it's doing this on cyanogenmod also. I have android and webos on dual boot, tried to erase the android part with ACMEUninstaller, after reboot android was back. Erased the cm particions with novaterm, same result after reboot. I would really appreceate some help please, really desperate ...
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Mine also has this ( see web doctor fails at %12 every time. Doh! from post 11).

It looks like the memory controller has gone into read-only mode.

Mine is going back to HP when I get a response from them.

Alan
    remember, the HD is an SSD, ever had a SD card (or other solid state storage) just go bonkers on you, I have, sometimes you can get it back, sometimes you can't....I have found some SD cards do it over and over again, most are solid troopers....

bummer, knocks on wood TP is sitting on right now...

laterzzzz....
    32g and playing
    So you're saying to keep trying and eventually it will work?
    By the way thanks a lot guys for a quick reply!
    alan sh, after reading your posts from the other thread i can tell that i'm in the same situation. The thing is that touchpad worked for me a couple of weeks, i even put android on it, it worked great, after i had some audio problems so i wanted to reset it, i tried it the first time on a 64 windows (dont know if that changes anything), that's when i realised that nothing happens, after i did the same process(re-creating the partitions) on windows and linux, same result, no luck.
    I have called HP but they told me that they will not handle my case since i installed another os on it, so basically i am stuck with it. That's why i still hope i could get it to work again(i hope it's a software problem).
    Just adding to this thread to state I recently encountered this same issue. Device basically became frozen in time, couldnt doctor it, etc. I just completed a chat with a CSR and had them put in a repair order. From what I've read it looks as though I'm headed for a replacement.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Mine did this too. I eventually sent it back and they fixed it. It came back with the same serial number but fixed.

Alan