1.    #1  
    Should I stop fantasizing about buying another Touchpad for only USD$84 from HP.com?
    (price I paid for the 3 Touchpad being used in my family)

Let me put it another way, how can I convince my girlfriend to let me by another
    Touchpad for around $200? (she insists that I should wait until HP's last batch
    of Touchpads show up at $99... then use a coupon for it)

Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    Should I stop fantasizing about buying another Touchpad for only USD$84 from HP.com?
    (price I paid for the 3 Touchpad being used in my family)

Let me put it another way, how can I convince my girlfriend to let me by another
    Touchpad for around $200? (she insists that I should wait until HP's last batch
    of Touchpads show up at $99... then use a coupon for it)

Hmmn, how much do you want it for $99 versus $200? You are talking about $100. Is it worth it to wait 3 weeks to see how the mythical last batch lands and the fallout from the Amazon tablet? If you will use $100 worth of the tablet in the next 3 weeks, then go for it now but if the one you have currently is adequate, then wait.
    I honestly don't have any faith in that rumor. Think about this for a minute. HP just finished selling a few touchpads @ 199$ for 16gb and 249$ for 32gb. Which they sold out of within a few hours. Now tell me why they would then turn around and sell even more Touchpads but at the original firesale price of 99$ for 16gb and 149$ for the 32gb...
    I had been wrestling with this issue myself.

I got a $99 16gb during firesale. Am on the list to receive an email when more are available.

My fear was that when more are available from HP, I will have a hard time getting another $99 or $149 Touchpad (especially if the email comes out while I'm at work--limiting my chances of scoring one). Once they are gone, will the craigslist/ebay/amazon prices actually rise a bit for a while when people realize that will be the only way to get them?

I decided to go for it now that the prices have settled and got a 32gb for $235 (should be arriving today!!). I wanted one for the wife and kids (they love mine). I didn't want to be paying $285 or something in November.

All in all $334 for two Touchpads plus about $120 for 1 keyboard, 2 touchstones, 1 neoprene sleeve and 2 cases.....

....I'm very satisfied. If I'm lucky enough to still get a firesale one from HP...it will all be gravy.

btw....i LOVE my touchpad.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    yeah I'd listen to monkey avatar. -if- there are any more, I'd guess they will be at that price instead of 99.
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    I think that price was only possible on 8/19, not before or since. At this point seeing any more at all is starting to seem unlikely, much less for $99 or less.
    Forget about fantasizing. Here's a reality check. I went to an HP.com link I bookmarked for the 32 GB TouchPad today. It's still marked "Out of Stock" but the price has kicked up to $549.99 in big, bold red figures! Geez.

HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 32GB | HP® Official Store
    I upgraded my 16GB Touchpad to 32GB today for $55.
    #99-$149 to legally fulfil backorders placed with HP during the firesale.
    After that it's probably a 'free for all'.. to coin an unsuitable expression!
    HP have indicated that as they do not control the individual retailer's pricing.. they will be free to mark up.. or down, to 'suit'!

Quote Originally Posted by jbouf1 View Post
    I had been wrestling with this issue myself.

I got a $99 16gb during firesale. Am on the list to receive an email when more are available.

My fear was that when more are available from HP, I will have a hard time getting another $99 or $149 Touchpad (especially if the email comes out while I'm at work--limiting my chances of scoring one). Once they are gone, will the craigslist/ebay/amazon prices actually rise a bit for a while when people realize that will be the only way to get them?

I decided to go for it now that the prices have settled and got a 32gb for $235 (should be arriving today!!). I wanted one for the wife and kids (they love mine). I didn't want to be paying $285 or something in November.

All in all $334 for two Touchpads plus about $120 for 1 keyboard, 2 touchstones, 1 neoprene sleeve and 2 cases.....

....I'm very satisfied. If I'm lucky enough to still get a firesale one from HP...it will all be gravy.

btw....i LOVE my touchpad.
    I too am on the email list for when more are available. Is there still another batch to come or is production finished?
    Last edited by grahamk; 10/11/2011 at 12:17 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamk View Post
    I too am on the email list for when more are available. Is there still another batch to come or is production finished?
    HP just removed the listing to the 16GB and 32GB Touchpads from HP.com this morning.
    (second time in the last two weeks) Not really sure what's going on...