1.    #1  
    So I set it to The Netherlands by accident, but now I can't see non-free apps. I want to buy a few.
    I read about changing webOS-profile, but is that without losing anything? Do I keep everything I have currently installed and such? If yes, then what is the way to do this?
    I'm in the US so I don't know if this will work the same for you.
    Open the catalog, go to preferences (upper left corner), click on accounts (mine shows the credit card I used to set up the account), towards the bottom of the page you have the choice to remove account. I would think that if you removed the current account you could start all over again. If this doesn't work you could always Doctor back to original, but then you'd have to re-install everything. I remember reading about a way to back up your stuff, but I don't remember where. Remember, Google is your friend. :-)
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    I made a similar mistake in Austria. HP support said, that I'll have to reset my TP using the doctor and then activate it again while I'm in Germany.

Fortunately this was not true - I could connect to the German App Catalog using the following steps:

1. delete everything using the functions in the device information

2. after rebooting create a new Palm profile with a new e-mail-address

3. update the OS and all apps using the system update resp. the software manager (don't start the app catalog before having done this!)

4. start the app catalog and choose your country (you'll get this dialog only once, you will have to restart if you want to select another country)

5. now you can enter your credit card information in the app catalog's settings

The only remaining problem is that the app catalog's region also restricts the credit card region, e.g. the german app catalog accepts german, austrian and some other credit cards. I've seen a list somewhere, but can't find it now. Anyway it's written in the footnotes in step 4.

If you'd like to keep your current e-mail-address you will have to change your existing Palm profile to another e-mail-address (you must own this address, too, because the change has to be committed by the new address).

hth,
    Gerald
  4.    #4  
    @chicle: Preferences&Accounts is grayed out in my App Catalog.

@T-Pad: But if I do it that way, I lose everything, right? I don't wanna lose everything.
    Make a list of what you want, then bite the bullet and start over. At least you'll get to know your tp better. :-)
    you can get your app catalog country changed by calling hp tech support. you have to convince them your original setting was in error, and that you really are in the country you want it set to. unfortunately the first level of tech support does not have the power to make the change, it has to go up to level3 support. it doesn't happen overnight... for me it took about two weeks!

your other way around is to install Preware and the webos internals save/restore app. you won't get to save/restore everything, but it'll get most stuff (including things the normal webos backup doesn't do). then you can do a full reset and login to a new profile, then re-install preware and the save/restore app and restore what you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    @T-Pad: But if I do it that way, I lose everything, right? I don't wanna lose everything.
    But, what is there to lose. You have not bought any apps. The contacts/email/messaging accounts you can setup again. So that just leaves maybe losing your messaging backup and your memos, if you have any.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  8.    #8  
    @johnson: I don't think they want to give support, as the TP was not officially sold in The Netherlands And calling to a foreign number would be too expensive.

@Sanjay: I also have the uberclock-kernel + the Ubuntu chroot which I created that file for and that took some work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    So I set it to The Netherlands by accident, but now I can't see non-free apps. I want to buy a few.
    I read about changing webOS-profile, but is that without losing anything? Do I keep everything I have currently installed and such? If yes, then what is the way to do this?
    You do. Use the Impostah tool, nothing else will change.

I think that you'll need to use an alternative e-mail address, but you may be able to go back alter and change the e-mail address that's associated with your new profile. Alternatively, if you don't want to buy apps very often, just change back to your NL profile.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks! Now I can acces paid apps!

Do I need to do anything to mark this topic as solved?