1.    #1  
    Hi, does there seem to be a way to maybe put a password on an app or to prevent an app from launching? I plan on giving a Touchpad to someone who isn't well versed in computers, and I'd like to protect them from accidently clicking on something they shouldn't.

I had planned on doing all the tweaks in the getting started guide, but I'd like to prevent them from launching certain apps and changing settings, such as the one for overclocking.
  2.    #2  
    Bump for help.
    There's no way to lock apps in this way. You can delete the unwanted catalog apps (outside of core apps) - and you can redownload them anytime in the future. The only other option would be to simply create another launcher page (or use the Settings page) and dump all the apps you don't want touched into that area.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    There's no way to lock apps in this way. You can delete the unwanted catalog apps (outside of core apps) - and you can redownload them anytime in the future. The only other option would be to simply create another launcher page (or use the Settings page) and dump all the apps you don't want touched into that area.
    I actually did that, I put stuff like govnah and uberkernel into the homebrew section and would tell them not to mess with anything in that section. The problem is that there will be kids using it, and not all of them will listen no matter what they are told. If I delete uberkernel and stuff, won't that prevent me from being able to clock it to 1.5mhz? Thanks.