Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I have a prototype HP Touchpad with blank System Operation, can someone help me to install webOS any version? because i tried to run webOS doctor :
    1. version 3.0.0 http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touch...0hstnhwifi.jar
    2. version 3.0.2 http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touch...2hstnhwifi.jar
    3. version 3.0.2 http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touch...02hstnhatt.jar
    but all that version always show that Not a compatible.
    Or maybe someone can teach me how to force install webOS my prototype Touchpad

Please help me

Thanks
    Will
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by willows123 View Post
    I have a prototype HP Touchpad with blank System Operation, can someone help me to install webOS any version? because i tried to run webOS doctor :
    1. version 3.0.0 http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touch...0hstnhwifi.jar
    2. version 3.0.2 http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touch...2hstnhwifi.jar
    3. version 3.0.2 http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touch...02hstnhatt.jar
    but all that version always show that Not a compatible.
    Or maybe someone can teach me how to force install webOS my prototype Touchpad

Please help me

Thanks
    Will
    I'm curious by what you mean by prototype and as to how you acquired this device?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tvouge View Post
    I'm curious by what you mean by prototype and as to how you acquired this device?
    I got this from another forum, the back sticker have a wordings Prototype and show not for Sale.

I will attach picture of that sticker if i arrive to my house. Now only boot screen of my touchpad.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What are the dimensions of the screen on your TouchPad?
    (It only may be perspective exageration in your photo.. but the screen proportions look 'longer' there).

Interesting 'beast' anyway.. I wonder what is 'proto' about it?

A picture of the back would be nice as well. What are the command prompts that are on the screen in that photo? And one more thing, when you first boot it up is there any logos or splash screens of any kind?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I attach back picture and sticker.
    This is the command prompt on screen :
    Pmux version 3 startup
    usb: reset
    Entering main console loop
    ]
    Hope someone can help me to install webOS on my prototype touchpad
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Its a black 32GB with 3G and the model number doesn't seem to be one of the regular ones which is why WebOS doctor is complaining. I'm unsure whether its because its a 3G version or because its a prototype.

You've tried the 4G Touchpad firmware by the look of your links. You should try asking in the 4G Touchpad thread for help since they'll know more about it.

There is a process involving holding down the buttons to put the Touchpad into the bootloader for recovery but I've no idea if it'd even work with your prototype since it obviously doesn't have normal firmware. There is also the chance that you'll break something if you did this.
    Last edited by Tiersten; 10/10/2011 at 11:41 AM.
    Paging Rod Whitby. He's gonna love this!
    I have one of these, but mine has 64GB. Its an engineering prototype model. Unfortunately, mine is crushed after being driven over with car. It took the ATT doctor prior to being driven over.
    Mine indcated it was an FB354UA#EVT (model of AT&T 4G but with EVT instead of ABA after the # sign).

First Power it off or reset it.
    - power off by holding power button in until it shuts off
    - if that does not work try resetting by pressing the power button and the center button at the same time and holding till reset - quickly plug in pc in the middle of this operation between the power down and the power up - you should get the USB icon
    - if neither of those two options work, leave it sit for three days or so plugged into an unplugged ac charger to drain battery OR try the bootloader method described below

*** After battery dead or before you try to drain battery - bootloader method

- try the bootloader by pressing the power button and the up volume button simultanously and hold them both down until you see a USB icon

- In any case whenever you can get it to a USB icon then start the AT&T Doctor. When the doctor prompts you , plug the touchpad in (it needs to still be showing the usb icon)

it should accept the doctor this way and complete.

TTB

P.S. If you are unable to revive it and want to sell it, contact me. I would like to try to combine parts from both units to make a working device.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 10/10/2011 at 01:29 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I have to ask....how did you run it over?
    philliprobert and brum like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIowaKid View Post
    +1
    Was it left on the roof or something when you drove off?
    Rather grisly, but do you have pics
    Quote Originally Posted by philliprobert View Post
    +1
    Was it left on the roof or something when you drove off?
    Rather grisly, but do you have pics
    LCD removed and discarded. Tried to implant an LCD from a $99 16GB TP as they are all the same except the 16 GB doesnt have the 3G/4G antenna attached. But this protype still didn't show even a wimper of a heartbeat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    A moment of silence......
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIowaKid View Post
    Texting while driving?
    TopTongueBarry likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    How did it get UNDER a TYRE???
    I was trying to unlock it without the code..
    carancha likes this.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I have one of these, but mine has 64GB. Its an engineering prototype model. Unfortunately, mine is crushed after being driven over with car. It took the ATT doctor prior to being driven over.
    Mine indcated it was an FB354UA#EVT (model of AT&T 4G but with EVT instead of ABA after the # sign).

First Power it off or reset it.
    - power off by holding power button in until it shuts off
    - if that does not work try resetting by pressing the power button and the center button at the same time and holding till reset - quickly plug in pc in the middle of this operation between the power down and the power up - you should get the USB icon
    - if neither of those two options work, leave it sit for three days or so plugged into an unplugged ac charger to drain battery OR try the bootloader method described below

*** After battery dead or before you try to drain battery - bootloader method

- try the bootloader by pressing the power button and the up volume button simultanously and hold them both down until you see a USB icon

- In any case whenever you can get it to a USB icon then start the AT&T Doctor. When the doctor prompts you , plug the touchpad in (it needs to still be showing the usb icon)

it should accept the doctor this way and complete.

TTB

P.S. If you are unable to revive it and want to sell it, contact me. I would like to try to combine parts from both units to make a working device.
    Thanks TopTongueBarry,
    I tried to power off this touchpad but it cant.
    I tried to reset an plug in USB to computer but i cannot see any big USB icon.
    I tried bootloader method but still can't see any USB icon

All i can see is red background and command prompt like picture i take.
    Quote Originally Posted by willows123 View Post
    Thanks TopTongueBarry,
    I tried to power off this touchpad but it cant.
    I tried to reset an plug in USB to computer but i cannot see any big USB icon.
    I tried bootloader method but still can't see any USB icon

All i can see is red background and command prompt like picture i take.
    You have two options left. One I mentioned already, leave the device plugged into the ac adapter and unplug the ac adapter. That may help speed up the battery draining process you need to wait out. It might not. Draining the battery is the next step.
    Other method I did not describe:
    If you are not that patient, then you can pop off the LCD and there is a reset button on the main board which exffectively turns off the device too. Using this method you would press the reset button the device will power off. then use the bootloader power on method to get you to a USB image bootloader screen. then doctor it.
    Warning, popping out the LCD to get at the main board is not an easy process and care must be taken. Even if you are extremely careful, you are likely to end up with cracks by the speakers. These devices have a new nickname: CrackPad.

Good luck. Don't forget, you can sell the device to me. I have another prototype that's crushed and could probably make a working device out of the two.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    You have two options left. One I mentioned already, leave the device plugged into the ac adapter and unplug the ac adapter. That may help speed up the battery draining process you need to wait out. It might not. Draining the battery is the next step.
    Other method I did not describe:
    If you are not that patient, then you can pop off the LCD and there is a reset button on the main board which exffectively turns off the device too. Using this method you would press the reset button the device will power off. then use the bootloader power on method to get you to a USB image bootloader screen. then doctor it.
    Warning, popping out the LCD to get at the main board is not an easy process and care must be taken. Even if you are extremely careful, you are likely to end up with cracks by the speakers. These devices have a new nickname: CrackPad.

Good luck. Don't forget, you can sell the device to me. I have another prototype that's crushed and could probably make a working device out of the two.
    I tried your method but i can see and USB image. but when is connect to my pc with press and hold power button and volume up my pc found new hardware but i cannot find anydriver for USB has been detected to my pc. Can you help me where i can download driver for USB for touchpad ?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    u need the novacom driver installed I bet.. it seems to be fickle to install on windows for some reason. If course I could be wrong & some other driver is needed though I cant imagine what & it should be available for dl most likely from palm site or in the sdk...
    can you take a better photo of the open TP? please
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast