Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    You have two options left. One I mentioned already, leave the device plugged into the ac adapter and unplug the ac adapter. That may help speed up the battery draining process you need to wait out. It might not. Draining the battery is the next step.
    Other method I did not describe:
    If you are not that patient, then you can pop off the LCD and there is a reset button on the main board which exffectively turns off the device too. Using this method you would press the reset button the device will power off. then use the bootloader power on method to get you to a USB image bootloader screen. then doctor it.
    Warning, popping out the LCD to get at the main board is not an easy process and care must be taken. Even if you are extremely careful, you are likely to end up with cracks by the speakers. These devices have a new nickname: CrackPad.

Good luck. Don't forget, you can sell the device to me. I have another prototype that's crushed and could probably make a working device out of the two.
    I tried all your method, but i cannot get USB image on bootloader the only screen i got is red backgound with command prompt. After is search from net i only can communicate with this thouchpad using novatrem, but i cant give command like mkdir or chdir like linux command.
    Can you help me what command i should use to copy file bootloader from my laptop to my touchpad
    Sorry i cant take photo of this touchpad using digicam only have mobilephone, will borrow it from my friend and i will upload it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by willows123 View Post
    I tried all your method, but i cannot get USB image on bootloader the only screen i got is red backgound with command prompt. After is search from net i only can communicate with this thouchpad using novatrem, but i cant give command like mkdir or chdir like linux command.
    Can you help me what command i should use to copy file bootloader from my laptop to my touchpad
    Sorry i cant take photo of this touchpad using digicam only have mobilephone, will borrow it from my friend and i will upload it
    to start this operation, the Touchpad should not be plugged into your pc.

with the touchpad opened up the reset button is a little metal dipole push button next to the sim card ribbon cable connector on the USB board. After depressing this button for about one second, then releasing it the Touchpad should power off.

next, start the att touchpad web os doctor on the pc. When it gets to the point where it asks you to plug in your device. The next button is greyed out at this point.

On the touchpad, now depress the up volume button whilst pressing the power Huron. Hold them both in.

the TP should power up to the huge USB icon now.

release the two buttons. Plug in the TP in to th pc. The next button should no longer be greyed out. Click it.

If the above does not work, this particular case is hopeless.

Let me know if you reach success,nor if not, you wan't to sell the broken prototype to me. I will purchase it from you as I want to try to combine the parts from both broken prototypes to make one working unit.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12