Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys I recently got a touchpad and unfortunately I haven't been able to connect to my school's internet. I believe it has something to do with cookies. After putting in my university login and pw I get a success screen for a split second but then it reverts back to the login screen only this time I get a little error message that says something like "You must have cookies enabled in order to continue"

    Now I know that by going to preferences you can enable/disable cookies but that didn't do anything. I don't know what to do and any help would be appreciated.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkboy242 View Post
    Hey guys I recently got a touchpad and unfortunately I haven't been able to connect to my school's internet. I believe it has something to do with cookies. After putting in my university login and pw I get a success screen for a split second but then it reverts back to the login screen only this time I get a little error message that says something like "You must have cookies enabled in order to continue"

    Now I know that by going to preferences you can enable/disable cookies but that didn't do anything. I don't know what to do and any help would be appreciated.
    That probably has nothing to do with cookies per se.

    First - given that message - it seems to me that you did physically connect to your schools wifi. They likely have some sort of login page? My guess is that the programmer of that page tries to check the value of a cookie - doesn't get back what's expected and assumes that cookies ain't enabled - hence the (likely misleading) error message.

    A simple explanation would be that this login page has is using some browser specific code, doesn't recognize the webos browser string and fails.

    If that is the case (I'm speculating on very limited knowledge here), you can try to fake another browser string by getting such a patch from Preware.
    webos browser is based on an engine called webkit - just like Apples Safari and Googles Chrome. But they all reply with different "browser strings" to identify themselves.

    If you know that others (using IOS or Android devices) can connect to the same wifi this might solve your problem.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
  3. #3  
    My money's on the borked webos browser cache. Am in transit so can't sit down and find the link, but search on here and you'll find details on how disable the cache. I reckon that the browser's pulling a page back from the cache rather than reloading with the new credentials you've supplied.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the responses guys. I agree that the problem stems from this browser because I see people using ipads all the time. I'll look into trying a different browser or disabling the cache.
  5. Xsever's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkboy242 View Post
    Thanks for the responses guys. I agree that the problem stems from this browser because I see people using ipads all the time. I'll look into trying a different browser or disabling the cache.
    Or just talk to IT and notify them of the problem.
  6. nexus14's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #6  
    At my school, non popular devices are unable to connect to wifi-- they need to be specially configured as noted below:

    Android: Configure an Android device for UIC-WiFi
    iOS: ACCC services and iPhone, iPod touch and iPad

    Symbian, webOS, Blackberry OS, etc are all SOL since they aren't as popular.
  7. Xsever's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by nexus14 View Post
    At my school, non popular devices are unable to connect to wifi-- they need to be specially configured as noted below:

    Android: Configure an Android device for UIC-WiFi
    iOS: ACCC services and iPhone, iPod touch and iPad

    Symbian, webOS, Blackberry OS, etc are all SOL since they aren't as popular.
    I guess the IT guys at your university are pretty lazy. I am surprised Blackberry OS and WebOS are on the list! Symbian is understandable.
  8. dna550's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #8  
    Palm Support : TouchPad (Wi-Fi) - I can’t connect to a Wi-Fi network Palm Support : TouchPad (Wi-Fi) - I can’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

Posting Permissions