Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By FenrirWolf
  1.    #1  
    Bricked my Touchpad... had successfully installed Preware and all the neat patches, etc. And the Touchpad was working great. Than decided to delete some of the unnecessary patches and didn't do the luna reset right away. After quitting Preware, I did a device reset, instead of a luna reset - big mistake. Now when it reboots - the hp logo appears and stalls... cannot do anything to reset and reboot touchpad. Have tried all the combinations of holding the buttons, etc. Now the touchpad will make a great paper weight... :-)

So the lesson is to use the luna reset right away and the device reset.
    You're not bricked.

So what button combinations did you do, and why did you do them? Holding the power and home buttons for 15 seconds will force the device to auto shut down if you're stuck on a boot logo. Once in the off state, you power on the device again while holding up on the volume button to enter bootie mode and you'll be able to doctor the TouchPad. If nothing is still happening, plug it in for some more power or something.

You might have done this already but my point is to explain the where, when and why you would use a given button combination.
    Last edited by FenrirWolf; 10/10/2011 at 12:41 PM.
    TableTopFreak and bevcraw like this.
    You can not brick a touchpad. Put it in recoverymode, and doctor it.
  4.    #4  
    Hi FenrirWolf, thank you for your suggestion to restore the Touchpad with the button combination of holding the volume and power after the reset and getting into USB. I had researched thru various web sites and tried their button combinations, but had not come across the button combination of holding the volume button after the 15 sec. auto restart.

After the USB, I downloaded the Web DoctorOS and was able to restore the touchpad.

Again thanks

jcloh
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    You're not bricked.

So what button combinations did you do, and why did you do them? Holding the power and home buttons for 15 seconds will force the device to auto shut down if you're stuck on a boot logo. Once in the off state, you power on the device again while holding up on the volume button to enter bootie mode and you'll be able to doctor the TouchPad. If nothing is still happening, plug it in for some more power or something.

You might have done this already but my point is to explain the where, when and why you would use a given button combination.
    I beg to differ that you cannot get bricked. I kind of did the same thing here. Tried uninstalling patches in preware, would reboot and they would be back again.

Then I tried to doctor, and would fail at 12% every time with "CPU Specific Initialization Failed". Am doing an advanced exchange with HP as we speak.