Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    My CC was charged.

Order number Order date Total Description Status Tracking Number
    H1198***** Oct 21, 2011 $119.82 HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 16GB Item being processed Tracking provided upon shipment.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    jealous.... how do I never find it???
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    DailySteals.com has 32GB Touchpads for $239.99

DailySteals® | Online Deals | Deals Site : DailySteals.com
    Yup, these are the Touchpads that were spoken of. If you were hoping for 16GB models at $99, dream on. Demand for the 16GB model has always been higher, and I am sure HP is probably still fulfilling backorders for those. And with the overall increased demand, of course people are going to charge more for them now. Because they can. So if you want a TP and haven't been able to order one, bite the bullet and get one from DailySteals. It's still a good bargain.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Daily Steals is a tad high then a luck auction at evil bay.
    Someone is selling them for $43.99 at the Australian Ebay (sells international too) and free shipping. Check this out:

HP TouchPad 16GB, Wi-Fi, 9.7in - Black | eBay

Not sure how legit this is seeing its incredibly cheap, but I've bought 2 anyway, guess worth the risk. The guy has a good rating though. Worth checking out!
    It's not legit: it has 1.2 *hertz* which is in my opinion way down underclocked :P

No seriously, please Anne_Lente, keep us informed of the issue of your buying !
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne_Lente View Post
    Someone is selling them for $43.99 at the Australian Ebay (sells international too) and free shipping. Check this out:

HP TouchPad 16GB, Wi-Fi, 9.7in - Black | eBay

Not sure how legit this is seeing its incredibly cheap, but I've bought 2 anyway, guess worth the risk. The guy has a good rating though. Worth checking out!
    Anne_Lente - I saw your post and clicked on the link and it took me to the listing. Then as I kept looking, trying to find the catch, both the listing and the user have been removed! Sounds like a case of too good to be true...bummer, I was hoping it'd be legit! Weird tho, that user did have a really good rating!
    That happens all the time. I purchased 2 tablets for $99 on ebay last year and the user had good feedback. the scam is that they send you a little item. you ask for a refund and they say you have to ship it back and to ship it back it cost almost as much as you pay. I mean did anyone first think they were going to get a tablet for $49 and free shipping and second. no one has any so how would this fella have 100 or so of them. This one was a scam from first look.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    HP just sent me a UPS tracking # for my firesale 16GB TouchPad! So they're starting to ship them out now.
    I got tracking numbers too...case already in transit, TP yet to hit Fedex.

*fingers crossed*
    FYI....While checking the HP EPP site, it is showing the 16GB TP (499.00) and 32GB (549.00) with a 400.00 rebate for each (99.00/149.00) Limit 6 per employee. It shows as "Out of stock" for both but this wasn't up on EPP site Last week... Maybe more are available? Who knows...Good hunting....
    My 16GB TouchPad is now showing an expected delivery date of Wednesday!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by innatore View Post
    Anne_Lente - I saw your post and clicked on the link and it took me to the listing. Then as I kept looking, trying to find the catch, both the listing and the user have been removed! Sounds like a case of too good to be true...bummer, I was hoping it'd be legit! Weird tho, that user did have a really good rating!
    Yep, I guess the old adage "too good to be true" still holds true. I've already opened a case with paypal. Hopefully I'll get my money back under their buyer protection scheme. Sigh...

Update: Paypal has refunded me the money. That was quick! I guess they must have put the thumbscrews on that guy. Guess I learned to be more careful in the future.
    Last edited by Anne_Lente; 10/25/2011 at 06:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dectech View Post
    FYI....While checking the HP EPP site, it is showing the 16GB TP (499.00) and 32GB (549.00) with a 400.00 rebate for each (99.00/149.00) Limit 6 per employee. It shows as "Out of stock" for both but this wasn't up on EPP site Last week... Maybe more are available? Who knows...Good hunting....
    Limit SIX per employee? WHAT THE #@*%?? Are you serious? I have a pending order for 2 for now over a month that HP has yet to fill and they are letting their employees buy 6 each???
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    My 16GB TouchPad is now showing an expected delivery date of Wednesday!
    Mine just shipped also. Wed also.
    Quote Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
    Limit SIX per employee? WHAT THE #@*%?? Are you serious? I have a pending order for 2 for now over a month that HP has yet to fill and they are letting their employees buy 6 each???
    I checked again this morning. The page was still up with Limit 6 per employee....but still shows out of stock....
    Quote Originally Posted by dectech View Post
    I checked again this morning. The page was still up with Limit 6 per employee....but still shows out of stock....
    I have a feeling an e-mail will be sent out on October 31 saying HP dispite its best efforts to fufill everyone's order will not be able to launch another fire sale due to the over whelming demand. Eby or crglst will see a increase an price after Nov 1st
    My 32gb touchpad arrived from HP small business 10/14. i had heard nothing, called them 10/9 and it was at my front door by the end of the week.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Yup, Australian auctions are scams. I bought 3 gas generators at a great price and FREE shipping a few months ago. I thought it might be a scam. Those things were 70 pounds each. Sure enough, they never arrived and Ebays buyer protection had to refund me. But I also got an Ebay warning notice that Im over the limit for being ripped off on Ebay and may loose my buyer protection privalages. I called them up and complained, but they said they tackle fraud problems by kicking buyers too if they get ripped off too often. Ebay is a jerk but I got my money back this time.

As for touchpads, Im not throwing away any more than $100 on one. They have no future, no GPS, crappy camera, no expassion slots, and slow slow single core processor. Its just not worth any more for the hassles. I have just replaced my 4th Pre phone in the last 4 weeks because thats the quality of the used replacements Sprint now has available. They are trying to get me to switch to Android saying Palm service will only get worse. The clock is running out on Palm product usefullness.
    Last edited by stts; 10/25/2011 at 07:40 PM.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    As far as I know the TP has a dual core very fast processor.
    dectech likes this.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast