Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RICKV View Post
    Keep in mind HP's Fiscal year ends October 30th...

If as it is mentioned they incure a lost on each sold devices, they may want to clear that loss before the year's end and be done with this to start their new FY clear of that burden...

Just a tought !
    They should be able to take that hit anyway since they've paid to manufacture them.

The other option is to just presell them all before the end of the month.. (thru distribution for example).

I have an odd feeling that HP won't actually be directly selling any more of these. And the number of TP's that are showing up on eBay lately (in lots of 6-12,etc) as well as a bunch of 4G's selling make me kinda think that some of that 200k has already been hitting the shoreline.

--Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by christr View Post
    They should be able to take that hit anyway since they've paid to manufacture them.

The other option is to just presell them all before the end of the month.. (thru distribution for example).

I have an odd feeling that HP won't actually be directly selling any more of these. And the number of TP's that are showing up on eBay lately (in lots of 6-12,etc) as well as a bunch of 4G's selling make me kinda think that some of that 200k has already been hitting the shoreline.

--Chris
    Nope - they will be available at major retailers. For reals.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    OK so it's officially past 'mid-October'. Where are they?
    Quote Originally Posted by msprunck View Post
    OK so it's officially past 'mid-October'. Where are they?
    They're holding down the latest issues of Pivot so the wind doesn't blow them away.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

sinsin07 and paging dr b like this.
    Ha...they're gone. Yet another broken "promise" from HP. Shocking.

Go to HP's website, when you search the TouchPad, a screen comes up where at the top, it says HP Recommends Windows 7. And then it has the TouchPad FAQ. They are OFFICIALLY OUT OF STOCK.

Never coming back. You want one, buy it on Ebay for $200+. Still a great deal.
    32Gb LG G2 - 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 / Cyanogenmod 10.1 (4.2.2) Dual Boot @ 1.8Ghz

RETIRED:
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Mine
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - LunaCE 4.9.5 - Also Mine
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Wife's (replaced with GS3)
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - Also Wife's

Past: 2 Sprint Pre(minuses), a Sprintified Pre+, and a Sprintified Pre2.
    Quote Originally Posted by andytvcams View Post
    But who is going to buy them?.
    This guy!

I have an iPad2 that doesn't impress me much and I hate Android clones.

I will buy a ton of 'em and run 'em into the ground!
    pre4 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by recumbent View Post
    Nope - they will be available at major retailers. For reals.
    Nope? don't you mean 'Yup'? Your comment after the 'nope' implies exactly what i said. That HP will not be selling them directly, but to distribution (which means retailers)

--Chris
    I think they are not delivering any more. Any excess stock after the employee sale is being sold through the OnSale channel on Amazon.com
    all unsold units are to be destroyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    Talk about late to the party: I JUST NOW ordered one through EPP... On a whim, I took a look at the site (NOT expecting them to be there), and BAM! 16GB still available. Ordered, got a confirmation 20mins later, we'll see if it ships.

For reference, I missed out on the August Fire Sale (too many sites DDOSed), I missed out on the initial EPP sale (internal EPP site DDOSed), and I was leaning towards a Kindle Fire, though I really don't like the fact that it's so much less for twice the price.

Happy? yes! Yes I am!
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    source?

why do that when they need spares and replacements?
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityPre View Post
    Ha...they're gone. Yet another broken "promise" from HP. Shocking.

Go to HP's website, when you search the TouchPad, a screen comes up where at the top, it says HP Recommends Windows 7. And then it has the TouchPad FAQ. They are OFFICIALLY OUT OF STOCK.

Never coming back. You want one, buy it on Ebay for $200+. Still a great deal.
    You will see more touchpads (99% sure this will be the last lot) advertised by retailers in November.
    FAQ from small and medium business site.

Will there be additional TouchPad inventory available at a later date? Can I reserve one?

No, the Small and Medium Business team has sold out of HP TouchPads and will not be receiving additional stock. Other departments in HP are out of stock as well. The Home and Home Office Store is communicating the possibility of limited supply available in the future and you can check HP webOS - High connectivity, stability and security | HP® Official Site | U.S. for the most up-to-date information on their availability.

Info from link provided above.

Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad
    We are unfortunately sold out at this time, however a limited supply of units will be made available in the coming weeks and months. We will continue to communicate the details here about when, where, and how you can purchase an HP TouchPad when those are available. Those who signed up to be notified will also be kept current with email communications as requested. learn more

HP Small and Medium Business Customers
    If you ordered your new HP TouchPad from the HP Small and Medium Business Store from August 20th - 21st, please click here
    Show footnotes ›

The Next Bench blog referenced immediately above as where new information will be posted. It's a month old info at this point in time.

Ten days and all hope will be lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by auTONYmous View Post
    Talk about late to the party: I JUST NOW ordered one through EPP... On a whim, I took a look at the site (NOT expecting them to be there), and BAM! 16GB still available. Ordered, got a confirmation 20mins later, we'll see if it ships.

For reference, I missed out on the August Fire Sale (too many sites DDOSed), I missed out on the initial EPP sale (internal EPP site DDOSed), and I was leaning towards a Kindle Fire, though I really don't like the fact that it's so much less for twice the price.

Happy? yes! Yes I am!
    Shhh. One in the bag.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmaker123 View Post
    Shhh. One in the bag.
    I didn't see anything! Only accessories!
    Looks like it is sold out again anyway. I think it may just have been on the HP internal access.
    They are gone. Must of had like 10. Got my confirmation about 8 hours later. Lets see if it gets shipped.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I was part of the OnSale (through Amazon) mega-cancellation deal. Then when they did their 'we have more' deal, I was unable to get it to work, and emailed their support.

A week or so ago (actually the 11th, I was at Skrillex with my 13-year old son) I got an email saying they had a few more and asked for info to contact me. I sent it late that night, and then a follow-up a couple of days later. I heard nothing until the 19th. Now I have mine as it arrived yesterday! Cool.
    HP just sent me a UPS tracking # for my firesale 16GB TouchPad! So they're starting to ship them out now.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    No tracking number, only order confirmation on mine. Guess will have to see how it pans out.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast