Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm starting to get interested in this preware stuff but i'm a little afraid i'll mess something up. I mean do the patches and kernels really make that much of a difference? Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    725 Global Posts
    By all means, install it. I have never experienced a problem related to them. Things work as advertised.

That doesn't you shouldn't pay attention to what you are doing and go slow at first.

Patches are the key to customizing the details of operation to fit your preferences.

Many super apps too!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaltman View Post
    By all means, install it. I have never experienced a problem related to them. Things work as advertised.

That doesn't you shouldn't pay attention to what you are doing and go slow at first.

Patches are the key to customizing the details of operation to fit your preferences.

Many super apps too!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Ok so a few questions:

1. When they release an update for webos (i.e. 3.0.3), will i have to uninstall preware and istall it again? Or how does that work?

2. What do u mean by "many super apps"?
    It's easy, and little can go wrong; on the off-chance that something does, removal is generally painless and if you really do manage to apotheker stuff up BAD, you can always doctor and get back to factory settings (taking all of your in-app data with you with the marvelous Save/Restore - available in Preware.)

If you positively, absolutely do not want to live a little and would prefer to be on the safe side, don't install UberKernel and don't overclock as that is the only Homebrew that will void your warranty. Everything else is fair game

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyHM17 View Post
    Ok so a few questions:

1. When they release an update for webos (i.e. 3.0.3), will i have to uninstall preware and istall it again? Or how does that work?
    Preware is just an app, you install it once. Patches technically need to be uninstalled, but thanks to some magic called AUPT (look it up) Preware does that automatically for you. You just use the OTA update without any added hassle. You'll lose your patches, however, until they're updated for the new version, at which point there will be an update in Preware.
    http://www.gifbin.com/982213
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    It's easy, and little can go wrong; on the off-chance that something does, removal is generally painless and if you really do manage to apotheker stuff up BAD, you can always doctor and get back to factory settings (taking all of your in-app data with you with the marvelous Save/Restore - available in Preware.)

If you positively, absolutely do not want to live a little and would prefer to be on the safe side, don't install UberKernel and don't overclock as that is the only Homebrew that will void your warranty. Everything else is fair game
    Can Uberkernal and govnah be completely removed and the TP back to stock clocks easily?
    Global Posts
    725 Global Posts
    Yes, and the original kernel is also I available through preware.

The stock kernel won't overclock anyway.

Call me superstitious, but I remove patches and reinstall the original kernel before system updates.
    Jim Altman
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotatoslacker View Post
    Can Uberkernal and govnah be completely removed and the TP back to stock clocks easily?
    yes, theres an unisntall button for both.
    yes, using preware you can click/touch to remove and it will restore back to factory settings
  10.    #10  
    So based on all of yall's experiences, is it worth it?
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    yes, using preware you can click/touch to remove and it will restore back to factory settings
    So the uberkernal did not remove and replace the stock kernal, only added a new one that is selectable? Just asking because I had read different on another site.
    Global Posts
    725 Global Posts
    Absolutely. Uberkernel at 1.5 GHz is like a new machine.
    Jim Altman
    it replaces it.
    Global Posts
    725 Global Posts
    So the uberkernal did not remove and replace the stock kernal, only added a new one that is selectable? Just asking because I had read different on another site.
    it does remove and replace. But it also makes a backup and restores it on removal.
    Jim Altman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it replaces it.
    So what happens if I use the unistall button?
    it puts the stock kernel back
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it puts the stock kernel back
    Thanks! btw Would I want to uninstall Govnah, or Uberkernal first?
    uberkernel. No real reason to uninstall govnah.

this stuff is very solid.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotatoslacker View Post
    Thanks! btw Would I want to uninstall Govnah, or Uberkernal first?
    I don't think it matters

Alan
  20.    #20  
    So where can i find the best instructions on how to do all of this stuff? Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast