Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    uberkernel. No real reason to uninstall govnah.

this stuff is very solid.
    I most like will leave it with both, was just wondering. Good to know I can easily remove if I wish to though. Thanks again.
    don't forget all that goodness is done for free, and they have costs to host servers, etc.

at the top of the prepared app is a link for donations.

just sayin
    it adds a new dimension to the touchpad.
    if you make a mistake' come back and post it and get help. You're not going to make a mistake though:-) install it and post how great it is and how cool you feel
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

This is the site for preware. Just so you know, without preware, many of us would have moved on to another OS!
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyHM17 View Post
    So where can i find the best instructions on how to do all of this stuff? Thanks!
    go into the app catalog on your touchpad, and buy two apps: "Preware Homebrew Documentation" and "WOSQI Homebrew Guide". Purchasing these two apps gives you all the instructions you need, and the 99 cents goes to support the efforts of the homebrew developers WebOS Internals and Jason Robitaille.
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post

This is the site for preware. Just so you know, without preware, many of us would have moved on to another OS!
    In addition to the preware (app) that is installed on your Touchpad. Is there anything that has to be installed on your computer (Mac or PC)? If so, what .. and where do you get it?

WDE
  7.    #27  
    Ok so I installed all of the patches and everything I wanted. I'm tempted to install uberkernal and overclock it but it voids your warranty so if something goes wrong im out of luck. But i still want to... ahh!
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Is there a poll out there about this? I would be interested in knowing about how many people have overclocked, and of those, how many were satisfied with the results. In my experience, and this is coming from a technology challenged individual, I couldn't be more pleased with overclocking. My TP screams now...and that's in a good way.
    Quote Originally Posted by brsing View Post
    In addition to the preware (app) that is installed on your Touchpad. Is there anything that has to be installed on your computer (Mac or PC)? If so, what .. and where do you get it?
    you need WebOS Quick Install (WOSQI) on your computer to get Preware installed on your touchpad. WOSQI can install apps, patches, themes and kernels too, but for the most part all you really need it for is to install Preware as you can do pretty much everything on the touchpad after that.

please purchase Jason Robitaille's WOSQI Homebrew Guide from the app catalog, along with the WebOS Internals Hombrew Documentation. Together they'll explain everything you need to know, and you'll have tossed 99 cents each to the dev of WOSQI and many patches (Jason) and to the team responsible for Preware, Uberkernel, Govnah and many other bits of genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post

Can't agree more on preware. It is more fun and challenging when we are on the "roads less travelled" with preware! Bravo to the homebrew community
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyHM17 View Post
    Ok so I installed all of the patches and everything I wanted. I'm tempted to install uberkernal and overclock it but it voids your warranty so if something goes wrong im out of luck. But i still want to... ahh!
    Nothing will probably go wrong, but if it does, a visit to the Doctor will bring you back to original state. I've been running Uberkernel oc'd to 1.5 for over a month now with no issues. Go for it, it does make a noticeable difference.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12