Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    I will not be able to rely on WiFi, but instead of buy paper maps I was wondering how I could download( Free or purchase) maps for Freeport and Nassau?
    Use preware to install Navit and Navit Maps. You can the download the maps you need.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    where is the Bahamas in navit? I also couldn't get north America after downloading. I need to spend some time playing with the app, but anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    where is the Bahamas in navit? I also couldn't get north America after downloading. I need to spend some time playing with the app, but anyway.
    If the file is larger than 2 gb, which is a touchpad issue, it won't work. Even the US file of 2.2gb, so is too large. I downloaded us west and south, together less than 2 gb, and now it works just fine. You might look and see if there's an "atlantic" or "caribbean" map.
    Shneor
    Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    ok that explains why i couldnt get to work. as far as i can see there is no atlantic or caribbean.
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    ok that explains why i couldnt get to work. as far as i can see there is no atlantic or caribbean.
    You might want to post your request/question in the Navit Web0s Developer sub-forum. The developers do respond.
    Shneor
    You can go to Navit :: Planet Extractor and cut your own maps out. I'm currently doing this and not sure how it works on my Pre 2.