1.    #1  
    I've been looking around but have not seen any posts for this.

Prior to the TP being launched there was some talk about the touchstone having a unique ID in each one and the TP being able to identify different touchstones and change exhibition configuration depending on the ID of the touchstone.

As far as I can tell this functionality does not exist, or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place - just wanted to confirm. I haven't seen HP talk about this functionality for a while either, since pre-launch as far as I can remember.

just curious, thanks
    This was for the Touchstone version 2.. Which along with some other devices HP hasn't released .

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  3.    #3  
    For the phones I understood that to be part of Touchstone v2, your saying there was a newer version of the Touchstone for the TP that was planned? I had not seen any indication of that myself

thanks
  4.    #4  
    yeah looking at the hpwebos site --
    "The HP Touchstone Charging Dock recharges your TouchPad on contact. You can use multiple Touchstone docks to do different things while charging. View photos in the living room, act as a clock in the bedroom, and see your day's agenda. All without losing your notifications"

implies a simple software change would be needed to enable the functionality(assuming such software is not in place now), rather than a hardware change. I don't see it marked "future availability" like touch to share is marked

"4. Touch to Share capabilities require TouchPad with webOS 3.0 and Pre3 (pending availability) or Veer (requires future over the air update) with webOS 2.2 or higher. Viewing URL web page content requires data connection via Wi-Fi or cellular connection. "
    I don't see anywhere in that quote that it means it knows what you programmed, just that if you have multiple you can use them for different things... So I'm not sure if it was ever in the Touchpad Touchstone to begin with.

Sorry, maybe someone can clarify if this functionality is indeed available for the current Touchpad touchstone

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I have two touchstones and can confirm the Matrix is my exhibition default on one while the Clock is the default on the other. I can still use the top left drop-down to select something else but it does 'remember' what i last used on each.

It very briefly shows what it last used (so I just put on the living room touchstone and briefly saw the clock before the matrix turned on)
    Quote Originally Posted by shrxwin View Post
    I have two touchstones and can confirm the Matrix is my exhibition default on one while the Clock is the default on the other. I can still use the top left drop-down to select something else but it does 'remember' what i last used on each.

It very briefly shows what it last used (so I just put on the living room touchstone and briefly saw the clock before the matrix turned on)
    Even though your Touchstones came with the Palm logo emblazed on their tops, they came in boxes labeled HP, not Palm, correct? If so, I may have found a source for these v2 Touchstones.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    All TouchPad related products I've purchases were HP branded inside and out. Only my phone touchstones have the Palm logo on them, and of the 10 or 12 I have all were boxed as Palm.