1.    #1  
    Hey Gurus,

I live in Australia and I am constantly being geoblocked from pages like colbertnation.com and hulu.com It's driving me crazy!

I've used Impostah to get around the app store blocks and tried using an online proxy but it didn't work.

Is there any way (for free or otherwise) that I can access these sites? A proxy, VPN or anything else?

I don't care if I have to change settings on my router, laptop or touchpad, I just need to crack this problem!
    This is something I too would like to find a solution for. Actually I would love to have a solution for this, wherein I could avoid geo restrictions on my TV, PS3, Blu-ray player, PC & TouchPad.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Try a US based VPN service like Strong VPN (which costs) or hideipvpn.com which is free.
    Hulu isn't geo-blocking - it's blocking the actual browser type. Even us in the states cannot directly access that site anymore since they blocked the TouchPad's browser.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hulu isn't geo-blocking - it's blocking the actual browser type. Even us in the states cannot directly access that site anymore since they blocked the TouchPad's browser.
    Hulu is doing both, geo-blocking and blocking all mobile devices. So even when you apply the Hulu fix and change the user agent you will still not be able to watch anything when outside the US. I use hidemyass's VPN service to get around this. I am watching Jon Stewart on the Touchpad every day. VPN also comes in handy when you travel to countries like China.

Although the only way I can use the VPN service on the touchpad is via Ubuntu, no problems there. But I can't get OpenVPN to run properly in WebOS (I am sure that is my fault) and PPTP is connecting and then disconnecting as soon as you start actually doing something using the connection.
    Solutions for the desktop PC are a dime a dozen. I personally use 'tunnel bear', which works quite well for me. The problem is, being able to bypass the geo restrictions on other devices, such as the PS3, Blu-ray player, TV and ofcourse the TouchPad. What I need is some kind of hardware solution that could be connected to my router and that way all my devices on the wifi and lan network can bypass the geo-restrictions. In the meantime, a solution for the TouchPad would be helpful. Thanks.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    The PPTP VPN plugin from the App Catalogue works for me with Strong VPN.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Solutions for the desktop PC are a dime a dozen. I personally use 'tunnel bear', which works quite well for me. The problem is, being able to bypass the geo restrictions on other devices, such as the PS3, Blu-ray player, TV and ofcourse the TouchPad. What I need is some kind of hardware solution that could be connected to my router and that way all my devices on the wifi and lan network can bypass the geo-restrictions. In the meantime, a solution for the TouchPad would be helpful. Thanks.
    Search for DD-WRT. They have special firmware for many routers. You can then run one of the VPN services (HideMyAss, Strong, Pure, etc) directly on the router and all connected devices will be in the US (or wherever you want to be).
    Quote Originally Posted by Liski View Post
    The PPTP VPN plugin from the App Catalogue works for me with Strong VPN.
    Liski,
    (The PPTP VPN plugin from the App Catalogue works for me with Strong VPN.)

Please share your settings, I cannot make it work.

Many thanks!!!