New HP TP
    have come from all Mac but really love this webOS
    and am very impressed with the great work all of you have been doing
    the community involved etc.

So I loaded web doctor
    but haven't
    tweaked further

did load on Kindle, Calibre kindle + Kindle Import
    So impressed with the above, I loaded up about 150 new best sellers I had just d/l
    and a couple apps but not much

Turned on TP the next day and it took me considerably longer to turn on.
    I didn't count so I cant say how long or how may more times but suffice it to say the difference was painful

it was suggested to me earlier that the number of ebooks stored on my device but clearly it must

am going to tweak tonight to see if i can get it back to how it was otherwise I will remove all of the books short the 5 favs I wish to keep on to read next

MY CONCERN however is this, as I am new to TP + webOS
    is this indicative of how slow it will get with a few more apps installed?

IF so, ON AN AVERAGE bearing in mind I have the 16gig TP how many apps should be on here at the most????

I need speed and would rather the speed at cost of apps if need be.....so curious to know
    what others are doing to keep it at a reasonable pace? Off to tweak/speed it up a bit now but any other hints will be quite welcome

TIA
    First off, I understand WebOS Doctor to be a recovery tool, not a tweaker.

Second, you need PreWare installed - THAT will allow you to make all the recommended (necessary) adjustments.

Here is the place to start: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html

Once you have that done, start finding apps you like.
    In my experience, neither the number of apps installed nor Kindle books affect anything. I have close to 50 Kindle books on mine and as for apps, I have 101 installed packages (acc. to PreWare).
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    In my experience the Kindle app is pretty broken. Not only have I had trouble reading books in it due to menus disappearing and not coming back, but it seems it may cause a "too many cards" error that requires a full reboot to clear out.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by BooR4dley View Post
    In my experience the Kindle app is pretty broken. Not only have I had trouble reading books in it due to menus disappearing and not coming back, but it seems it may cause a "too many cards" error that requires a full reboot to clear out.
    Yes, I have been busy the last few weeks and finally today got around to taking the ebooks off of it just so i could install about 7 new ones I had decided I wanted to read first but i now can no longer get Kindle to show them.

It says they are imported but I click on Kindle and all I see is the Kindle page, no library, no book covers, etc.

Am wondering if it works much easier in Android for i am prepared to just put droid on this and deal with everything that way........I just dont have time or the experience to spend hours always making things work., although i appreciate the work the guys put into these things and that they work for others without problems but it just seems for me there is always something that is taking up my time, which i dont have.

Will try downlading the Kindle Import again but if that doesn't work i wouldn't know what to do next

Second, you need PreWare installed - THAT will allow you to make all the recommended (necessary) adjustments.
    that was the first thing i did when i got the TP.
    Last edited by ShelaghDB; 11/27/2011 at 04:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShelaghDB View Post
    Yes, I have been busy the last few weeks and finally today got around to taking the ebooks off of it just so i could install about 7 new ones I had decided I wanted to read first but i now can no longer get Kindle to show them.

It says they are imported but I click on Kindle and all I see is the Kindle page, no library, no book covers, etc.

Am wondering if it works much easier in Android for i am prepared to just put droid on this and deal with everything that way........I just dont have time or the experience to spend hours always making things work., although i appreciate the work the guys put into these things and that they work for others without problems but it just seems for me there is always something that is taking up my time, which i dont have.

Will try downlading the Kindle Import again but if that doesn't work i wouldn't know what to do next
    When you removed the books did you delete them using Kindle Import before removing the files from the .palmkindle directory? If you didn't the Kindle database will still have an entry but the book will not be there. If you deregister and register Kindle then redo the import you should be good.
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

6.    #6  
    Honestly?
    I cant remember.

When one isnt as natural with a computer device as you are and are having problems, sometimes what might be easy to you is really confusing to me and I start reading so many threads i lose track of where i am, what i am doing, wat i am tryig to do etc.

As it stands right now, I cant seem to find where to download Kindle Import again from?
    If and when I get this done again, for it worked so easily the first time, I will write it all down as I have completely forgotten what i did the first time 6 weeks ago and there are too many threads here that i have got lost trying to find any old directions on it.

So...

1) Lets assume I screwed it up and DID delete the files the wrong way so the database will still have any entry. IF so, how do i get rid of it?
    ( i THINK i deleted them from some file on macbook pro??!!) I seem to recall that as being the possible way i did it

Unfortunately I sort of will need specific directions although I know your particular directions are always good when someone has asked you for them.

TIA
    Last edited by ShelaghDB; 11/27/2011 at 04:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BooR4dley View Post
    to get the menu just tap the center of the screen and same thing to hide the menu
  8.    #8  
    Re-downloaded Kindle Import
    Made sure all books were deleted through that ( there might be some sort of file left over for first mistake, not sure?)

Resent new books to deice. See them in Calibre.
    Up comes a window that shows the 14 boks with each one having a checkmark beside it and I press on Import I think it is and I press on LOAD new books.......something says operatin in progress and i never see anything after that

SO i figure a few mins later its safe to open up Kindle but nothing.
    JUst the same blue kindle page
    I dont see a book a library or anything BUT I do have a Kindle on my MacbookPro and I see a button that asks me if I want to import form my Macbook so I am guessing they are synched.

Going to delete the books i have on my Macs Kindle and just have the ones in there I want and then wil try to import form that
    Quote Originally Posted by ShelaghDB View Post
    New HP TP
    have come from all Mac but really love this webOS
    and am very impressed with the great work all of you have been doing
    the community involved etc.

So I loaded web doctor
    but haven't
    tweaked further

did load on Kindle, Calibre kindle + Kindle Import
    So impressed with the above, I loaded up about 150 new best sellers I had just d/l
    and a couple apps but not much

Turned on TP the next day and it took me considerably longer to turn on.
    I didn't count so I cant say how long or how may more times but suffice it to say the difference was painful

it was suggested to me earlier that the number of ebooks stored on my device but clearly it must

am going to tweak tonight to see if i can get it back to how it was otherwise I will remove all of the books short the 5 favs I wish to keep on to read next

MY CONCERN however is this, as I am new to TP + webOS
    is this indicative of how slow it will get with a few more apps installed?

IF so, ON AN AVERAGE bearing in mind I have the 16gig TP how many apps should be on here at the most????

I need speed and would rather the speed at cost of apps if need be.....so curious to know
    what others are doing to keep it at a reasonable pace? Off to tweak/speed it up a bit now but any other hints will be quite welcome

TIA
    I wouldn't worry about the number of apps or books, I have 63 installed apps plus the stock ones and mine hasn't slowed down a bit.
    I also have 12 books loaded into kindle each about 1000 pages and I also have about 150 comics loaded in comic shelf
    p.s. If I need to reboot the touchpad I do a luna restart instead of a full reboot it only takes about 12 seconds for a luna restart
    if you are wondering how to do a luna restart, you need to download the patch "advanced shutdown options" from preware then just hold the power button untill the options show up
  10.    #10  
    i see "advanced RESET options-DE" or "advanced reset Options-E but thats all.......but not
    advanced shutdown options"

Ah never mind, I see, advanced RESET options includes Luna restart-am downloading now

In any event, I am long past the issue with too many ebooks. I have deleted the old ebooks, installed new ones, downloaded Kindle Import but still cant get anywhere other than a blue Kindle screen.
    did you deregister and reregister kindle from the apps menu? That should erase the whole .palmkindle folder and let you start clean. I have about 100 books and no problems.