webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > How much can I expect to sell my 32GB TouchPad for?
How much can I expect to sell my 32GB TouchPad for?

Old 10/08/2011, 02:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

I have a 32GB with the official HP case and 3 clear screen protectors. I played with it for a couple of weeks and it is really not for me. All in all I have spend $220 on the TP, tax, shipping and accessories. I want to try to maximize the money I get for it. If I can get more 3 months from now because of external factors (Android port, resurrection of WebOS by HP etc.) then I have no problem waiting.

How much do you think I can sell my TP and accessories for:

1) Today?
2) 3 months from now?
3) 6 months from now?
saintforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/08/2011, 05:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

Around 200$... You have to remember you have a used TP. There are brand new ones on craigslist being sold for 230 with a case or 290 with NIB 32gb + case + touchstone. Sell now or in 6 months time you won't get much at all. Think about what will be on the market come spring next year..
Stevesrjr86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/08/2011, 05:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

Look on ebay that will give you a good idea.
andytvcams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/08/2011, 05:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andytvcams View Post
Look on ebay that will give you a good idea.
Ebay's not a good indicator, because those sellers have to pay quite a bit to Ebay for the sale. Craig's list is a better indicator and the first reply was pretty spot on. I've seen new 32GB one's sold here for $225. No way a used one would sell for more than a new one....at least here but it depends on the area and what they're selling for.
kalel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/08/2011, 06:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

looks like I should just be happy to break even and not worry bat making any money off of this thing.

also anybody have a link to instructions on how to delete everything from my TP and restore it to factory settings before selling it?
saintforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/08/2011, 06:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

Get as much as you can. Even HP raised their prices.
barrysanders20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/08/2011, 06:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
Get as much as you can. Even HP raised their prices.
And how many Touchpads have HP sold at higher than the firesale price.......it's rhetorical because they haven't sold any higher since the firesale. Their site has also shown the 32GB at $549 at times but they aren't selling them for that.

Last edited by kalel33; 10/08/2011 at 06:59 AM.
Old 10/08/2011, 09:22 AM   #8 (permalink)

Trade on craigslist, put it up for trade look for offers, might be able to get something better that you can use.
devoidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/08/2011, 09:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

I don't think its been mentioned on here, but E-Bay prices for Touchpads have been treading down. I think that's likely to continue for the short term and it would be risky to sell later expecting a higher price. You also have the Kindle Fire coming out next month, and that is going to be an inexpensive alternative for those wanting an Android device.

I had a friend just sell a new 32GB on Craigslist for $220.00, and it took a while to sell.
r_wright1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2011, 10:16 AM   #10 (permalink)

How about for an unopened in box 32gb + folio case + touchstone dock + touchpad keyboard - all unopened? What would you sell that for?
amlodipine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2011, 02:14 AM   #11 (permalink)

any thoughts?
amlodipine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2011, 03:14 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlodipine View Post
How about for an unopened in box 32gb + folio case + touchstone dock + touchpad keyboard - all unopened? What would you sell that for?
I think you should sell them separately. If you package them all together then you'll get people that want one or two pieces but not all of them together. I might put the Touchpad with the Touchstone but you probably won't make any money on the Touchstone or the keyboard, since they sell for cheaper now than not long ago.
Old 10/12/2011, 10:40 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlodipine View Post
I would think somewhere in the $300-$350 range. The keyboard is probably the most desirable accessory for the TP so it'll bring in a bit more. If you sell then you'd probably need to do it sooner rather than later. Depending on your location, you might even get higher if you post on Craigslist or something. I picked up a 32GB TP + Dock + Folio case for around $300 so you can expect a little higher than that with the keyboard included.

You could also sell separately however that'll take longer but you may actually get more that way.
Old 10/12/2011, 12:48 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel33 View Post
Ebay's not a good indicator, because those sellers have to pay quite a bit to Ebay for the sale. Craig's list is a better indicator and the first reply was pretty spot on. I've seen new 32GB one's sold here for $225. No way a used one would sell for more than a new one....at least here but it depends on the area and what they're selling for.
Ebay is fine for checking prices, all you do is look at the completed items list and see if they sold and for how much.

I'd personally sell it locally though.
Zepher is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0