Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I cannot figure out how to remove an email address from a webOS account.

I set up a friend's TP and used my email address on the account. I changed the account to her email address today when I gave it to her.

I then tried to use that address to set up my account, but the webOS site said the email address was already in use on another account. Is there a way to fully clear my address from her account?

if not, can I delete her account and let her set it up again without messing her up? Her TP is new to her today.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
    I cannot figure out how to remove an email address from a webOS account.

I set up a friend's TP and used my email address on the account. I changed the account to her email address today when I gave it to her.

I then tried to use that address to set up my account, but the webOS site said the email address was already in use on another account. Is there a way to fully clear my address from her account?

if not, can I delete her account and let her set it up again without messing her up? Her TP is new to her today.

Thanks!
    So you used the information you would use on your OWN touchpad to setup hers... Later when you went to setup yours using the same info from earlier, it didn't work??

Why did you use your stuff in the first place.......?

I'm not sure of a fix to this besides calling hp and seeing what they can do on their end.
    Did you use you email for the profile? you may need to delete all the info on it and start over.

If it's just the email account. first enter hers, then make it default, then remove yours.

Good luck.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    Did you use you email for the profile? you may need to delete all the info on it and start over.

If it's just the email account. first enter hers, then make it default, then remove yours.

Good luck.
    Thanks for an actually helpful response.

Yeah, I used my email when setting up her webOS account so I could receive the confirmations, etc., and complete the setup for her.

DOH! I just logged into her account again and found that the email address change is still pending (it sends a confirmation request email). She had told me she confirmed the change, but looks like either she didn't, or the confirmation didn't work for some reason...I'll have to talk to her tomorrow and get her to complete the email change confirmation.

Hopefully this is just a false alarm, and doing the email address change actually does remove the email from the account entirely as I expected. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
    Thanks for an actually helpful response.

Yeah, I used my email when setting up her webOS account so I could receive the confirmations, etc., and complete the setup for her.

DOH! I just logged into her account again and found that the email address change is still pending (it sends a confirmation request email). She had told me she confirmed the change, but looks like either she didn't, or the confirmation didn't work for some reason...I'll have to talk to her tomorrow and get her to complete the email change confirmation.

Hopefully this is just a false alarm, and doing the email address change actually does remove the email from the account entirely as I expected. Thanks.
    it does remove it entirely but you have to confirm the change.