1.    #1  
    Hi, my HP Touchpad which has worked great for a few weeks now will only charge upside down. I have tried twisting the socket but they TP only charges upside down and is rather annoying. Any tips?
    Do you mean upside-down on the Touchstone, or do you mean plugged into a USB cable and lying on its face?
    Ya, some clarification on this please.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Yes, clarification, what's considered upside down and tried twisting -what- socket? Might be clear to you but obviously not to us,
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Yes, clarification, what's considered upside down and tried twisting -what- socket? Might be clear to you but obviously not to us,
    The twisting is referring to the AC adapter itself, how it twists into two parts and if not properly twisted together may not work.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Right, thought it might be that, but wasn't sure. I was actually HOPING it was that and not twisting the USB!
    Ouch didn't think of it that way
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  8.    #8  
    Sorry, I was in a rush to get to work. I did twist the AC Adapter into place like a lot of forum posts suggested. By upside down I mean that in order for the device to charge I need to put the face down (like the screen on the desk so the back where it has the HP logo is facing towards you). Got any ideas on why it's doing that?
    loose USB plug would be my first guess
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    loose USB plug would be my first guess
    So what should I do?
    I'd use a touchstone to charge it. You'll save a lot of wear on that USB port
  12.    #12  
    Well as I would have to order one online, what should I do in the meantime? Charge it upside down as it is?
    have you tried using a different usb cable?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man View Post
    have you tried using a different usb cable?
    It gives me a message saying Insufficient Power Supply or something like that.
    might be a problem with your AC adapter.... If other USB cords are giving you an error message. The AC plug that came with mine was completely dead, 10 minutes in chat support and they next dayed me a replacement.

might want to try that, if not I would say look for warranty replacement on the TP.

you are charging with ac adapter and cable that came with device, and have you tried multiple outlets, possibly multiple locations?
    Interesting problem - I would infer that you have either a loose USB port in the Touchpad, or a loose wire in the charging cable.

(It would be better to be a loose wire in the cable!)

I would suggest calling HP and trying to get them to fix/replace/walkthrough it with you.

(I got the Touchstone, just so that I don't ever have to worry about USB wiggling. It has always made me nervous to have to charge any phone/device with plugs, because the inevitably wear out at some point. Love the touchstone!)
    Maybe it's a vampire and afraid of the light (jokeing)

I would call HP. As Fisack suggested sounds like somethings gone screwy with your hardware.
  18.    #18  
    Alright thanks for your guys help.
    For future reference, it's "face down"
    Haha but more importantly, if your Touchpad is charging "upside down," make sure to take advantage of the Angry Birds easter egg sound when flinging cards off the screen!
    FS: 32gb Touchpad with HP Folio Case, HP Touchstone Charger, and HP Bluetooth Keyboard. $SOLD Thank you for your PM's and interest.