Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By c000
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    First way is to press the button to bring up the apps tabs (assuming you don't have any app as full screen)

Second way is to click the launcher arrow on the right.

Third way (and I only found this by accident) is to swipe up from below the launcher bar.

Thus, we don't really need the launcher arrow and can use the space for an app.

Any others that people have found?

Alan
    everyone knows that I believe.
    Not to sound rude but this is common knowledge. There is also a patch the increases the number of apps in the dock (while also getting rid of the launcher icon)
    Huh?
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    well, I didn't know it - so I thought I was being helpful.

Sorry - I'll keep quiet in future
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    what about the fourth less commonly known one? Swiping up with two fingers while in an app skips card view and enters the launcher ;-) Don't sweat the naysayers Alan, sharing common knowledge keeps people from asking common questions.

more importantly, why does my prefab smileys on the TP stay as text when I post?
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    well, I didn't know it - so I thought I was being helpful.

Don't mind those guys, they're not used to people who are relatively new to webOS or that don't live n breath TouchPad everyday.

Technically, there's a fourth way to start an app - just type. Type the app name into the bar and it should show up.

Enjoy, and don't be afraid to post anything you find - I went around assuming everyone knew about the double-finger upswing and slingshot (and related angry bird effect) and realized that we're dealing with a lot of newbies thanks to the firesale.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    there is also a fifth way. if you turn the touchpad where the glossy part is facing you and then whisper sweet romantic words to it.

it only works if you do it out in public though
    MobileBill23 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    what about the fourth less commonly known one? Swiping up with two fingers while in an app skips card view and enters the launcher ;-) Don't sweat the naysayers Alan, sharing common knowledge keeps people from asking common questions.

more importantly, why does my prefab smileys on the TP stay as text when I post?
    Not that it matters, but that's really just a shortcut to the upswipe method. Of course, having just used 'fourth' I'm a little biased as to what to consider that.....
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Don't think anyone was trying to say that.

The reason the majority of folks around here know this is because it has been a feature on all webOS phones.

HP actually designed the TouchPad initially to not have this feature, then added it last minute. In the phones there was a dedicated area for this action that was not part of the screen. The way HP did this on the TouchPad (after omitting the off screen gesture area on the TP) was to make the first pixel sensitive to the up swipe gesture, this is why when you up swipe to minimize a browser card you often get the browser to detect a scroll attempt, also some other apps.

Personally I never use the center button on my TP, made my wife mad last week when I asked her why she was using the button.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...