Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By noseph
  1.    #1  
    I have been using DVDfab to transfer my DVD's to the Touchpad with their default settings. I go in chose IPAD and uncheck the subtitles and hit start. The movies kinda look crappy. They are very pixelly. I am using the native viewer.

Could some of you that have had success with DVDfab give me some help. Should I be uping the resolution that ends up being defaulted? Also what about 2 pass? I'm not really sure if that should be on 1 or 2 pass. 1 is the default.

Thanks guys
    I have used that to convert a couple movies myself. I also select iPad and set the resolution to 1024 x whatever and they look fine (not pixelated at all). The 2 pass is supposed to make it look better but I think it also takes twice as long.
    I have used the free DVDFab HD Decrypter to rip the DVD first and then used Handbrake to convert the ripped file to HP Touchpad *.mp4 file.

There is a post for the presets for Handbrake in this forum. Here is the link:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...eset-dvds.html

This works perfect for the TouchPad and the quality of the movies are awesome.

The above link also has discussions for using DVDFab.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I have ripped a couple of DVDs to IPAD with DVDFab and they looked fine on my TouchPad, I do not remember what settings I used. My entire movie collection was ripped with DVDFab to VOB, processed thru VideoRedo Quick Stream Fix and then converted to MP4 with WinFF for viewing on my TiVo thru StreamBaby. I have completed converting those to M4V for our TouchPads by running them thru DVDFab Video Converter to IPAD format. I have not seen any problems with quality.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    PF Graham likes this.