1.    #1  
    Opeining up the Touchpad and turning on the power, the tablet immediately went into a self test mode where I was aksed to verify that tablet passed aroundd 25 tests. Of course not knowing how the tablet even worked, many of the tests failed, because I didn't know how to use the tablet.

I would like to know if there is a way to initiate the tests again, now that I have opened up my OS account and it seems to be working, but would like to re calibrate my tablet again.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I didn't know, so I checked for myself. Open Device Info (Settings tab in the launcher), then the drop-down menu top left, and you'll "Diagnostics . . ."
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    I didn't know, so I checked for myself. Open Device Info (Settings tab in the launcher), then the drop-down menu top left, and you'll "Diagnostics . . ."
    Thanks David - that did the trick. Wish we had a little more documentation.
    Quote Originally Posted by theronco View Post
    Thanks David - that did the trick. Wish we had a little more documentation.
    Is there a screen calibration option?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
    Is there a screen calibration option?
    Screen or Digitizer?

There are many ways to calibrate the Digitizer, using PmTpUpdater -c this might force an firmware update as well...

If you just want to calibrate the Digitizer using catnip use the following commands (in novaterm):
    stop hidd
    catnip resume
    catnip --i2c-only cal -s 64
    catnip suspend
    start hidd

This will fix the I tapped here but the ripple showed there...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 10/28/2013 at 01:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Screen or Digitizer?

There are many ways to calibrate the Digitizer, using PmTpUpdater -c this might force an firmware update as well...

If you just want to calibrate the Digitizer using catnip use the following commands (in novaterm):
    stop hidd
    catnip resume
    catnip --i2c-only cal -s 64
    catnip suspend
    start hidd

This will fix the I tapped here but the ripple showed there...
    Sorry but I've no idea what PmTpUpdater or catnip are. I've searched here and on the web without success.
    They are xTerm commands.
    Quote Originally Posted by TUFF Stough View Post
    They are xTerm commands.
    You can not use xTerm for this, unless you create a script...

You must connect your Touchpad device to a computer and using Novacom Drivers, Novaterm, and developer mode needs to be turned on...

Once you invoke the command stop hidd you loose touch from the device...

These are command lines, now that does not mean you can't create a script and then run the script in xTerm, provided everything works, then touch will come back...

Sorry I always assume users know a little unix when working on webOS...

PmTpUpdater is a script created by Palm (PalmTouchPanelUpdater), this script updates the firmware and is used during doctoring, but can also be used when the digitizer goes haywire...
    Thanks for the correction.
    You can not use xTerm for this, unless you create a script...

You must connect your Touchpad device to a computer and using Novacom Drivers, Novaterm, and developer mode needs to be turned on...

Once you invoke the command stop hidd you loose touch from the device...

These are command lines, now that does not mean you can't create a script and then run the script in xTerm, provided everything works, then touch will come back...

Sorry I always assume users know a little unix when working on webOS...

PmTpUpdater is a script created by Palm (PalmTouchPanelUpdater), this script updates the firmware and is used during doctoring, but can also be used when the digitizer goes haywire...
    Now, I've got my TP working but can only get the screen/digitiser to recognise one area so cannot set the TP to connect to a computer. Any ideas how I can force the Novacom to work even though I have no responsiveness?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
    Now, I've got my TP working but can only get the screen/digitiser to recognise one area so cannot set the TP to connect to a computer. Any ideas how I can force the Novacom to work even though I have no responsiveness?
    Well if you want command line (like from Novaterm):
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.storage/diskmode/enterMSM {\"user-confirmed\":true,\"enterIMasq\":false}

If you want there is a key stroke: Power button and volume down...

Assume plugged into computer via USB for Mass Storage, if you mean developer mode, there is a touchpad version of DeviceTool.jar to invoke that via a computer.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/18/2014 at 06:55 PM.
    Well if you want command line (like from Novaterm):
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.storage/diskmode/enterMSM {\"user-confirmed\":true,\"enterIMasq\":false}

If you want there is a key stroke: Power button and volume down...

Assume plugged into computer via USB for Mass Storage, if you mean developer mode, there is a touchpad version of DeviceTool.jar to invoke that via a computer.
    Many thanks for this John, I was unaware of the DeviceTool.jar. I will try this later today. Once I have the TP plugged into the computer and in USB mode what will DeviceTool do?

I managed to Doctor the TP yesterday and hoped the digitiser would spring back into life... it didn't! Everything else works but the basic thing - the touch-screen.

Any help is appreciated.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Thanks Mutoidi but have you read this thread?

Hp Touchpad touch screen not working!