Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bluenote
  1.    #1  
    don't know what it means, writer says its the second submission and without 3g

    HP TouchPad Go Clears the FCC - The Digital Reader

    edit-webos internals says it should have been cancelled but HP forgot. Was it filed after Aug 18 or before?
    Last edited by bluenote; 10/06/2011 at 06:30 PM.
    mmm5288 likes this.
  2. #2  
    Interesting. No 3G is no big deal, thanks to freeTether, and other tethering solutions. Wonder if it has a GPS? I think that would be a little higher on the priority list.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    apparently was submitted a week before famous leo announcement of cancellation. This is creepy, like visiting someone's house after they die and seeing the table is set for dinner.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    webos internals says it should have been cancelled but HP forgot. Was it filed after Aug 18 or before?
    WOW... just freakin wow.

    Looking at the FCC docs everything submitted on the 10th, then a supersede letter on the 11th to replace some confidential information that had been submitted (packaging documentation).

    Quote Originally Posted by supersede letter
    Federal Communications Commission
    Label location file which was submitted to FCC for FCC ID B94HHI31C, has shipping Box
    information which includes confidential information as the product has not been announced yet. Please
    replace the file with new file which would have only the location of FCC label.
    Sincerely,
    _______________________________
    Masood Abrishamcar/Compliance Manager
    Hewlett Packard Company
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5. #5  
    This is the exact same filing I posted about back in August. This is not a new version of the TouchPad Go. Same FCC ID, same model numbers, everything.

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...b94hhi31c.html

    For some reason the FCC merely changed the "date submitted" date to 10/6/2011. But if you read the letters, this was actually submitted in July.

    Nothing to see here, folks. Move along...

    P.S. Shouldn't be on the front page as a news article, either.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    This is the exact same filing I posted about back in August. This is not a new version of the TouchPad Go. Same FCC ID, same model numbers, everything.

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...b94hhi31c.html

    For some reason the FCC merely changed the "date submitted" date to 10/6/2011. But if you read the letters, this was actually submitted in July.

    Nothing to see here, folks. Move along...

    P.S. Shouldn't be on the front page as a news article, either.
    the journalist says in his comments that not only is the date submitted Oct 6th but one of the reports is dated October 5th. Huh??
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    the journalist says in his comments that not only is the date submitted Oct 6th but one of the reports is dated October 5th. Huh??
    The cover letter for the SAR report was signed for approval on October 5th. Obviously, the testing was done prior to the results being approved.

    This is still the same Touchpad Go covered back in August.

    And it has already been established that the FCC's "date submitted" date is not in fact the actual submission date. Apparently it's more like the "last updated" date.

    The original declaration letter submitted to the FCC for the Touchpad Go is dated July 26, 2011. That is the same declaration letter you can find if you follow that article's source link to the FCC.
    Touchscreens are a fad.

Posting Permissions