View Poll Results: How many GB is your cracked TouchPad?

Voters
246. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16GB - Cracked

19 7.72%
  • 32GB - Cracked

69 28.05%
  • 64GB - Cracked

6 2.44%
  • Not Cracked

154 62.60%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1  
    How many GB is your cracked TouchPad?
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

My TouchPad isn't cracked.....and I've dropped it numerous times....am I doing something wrong?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    atg284, something224 and amazo2 like this.
    If I have 2, only 1 of which is cracked... do I getta vote twice, or would that be deemed a chad?

Sounds like I need to pay heed to sledge and start dropping my uncracked one as a preventative measure...
    Last edited by horseybob; 10/06/2011 at 06:47 PM. Reason: had an additional shallow thought
    I'm not endorsing or recommending that statement, but it made me laugh
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by horseybob View Post
    If I have 2, only 1 of which is cracked... do I getta vote twice, or would that be deemed a chad?

Sounds like I need to pay heed to sledge and start dropping my uncracked one as a preventative measure...
    I couldn't figure out a way to make that a poll option.

If anybody has any insight, I completely endorse and support the sharing of knowledge.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

2 touchpad. Both 32gb
    one cracked. Replacement still good.

FWIW, we also know there are TPs out there with different batteries, etc out there. Furthermore, would it be doable to correlate cracking with serial number as well? Maybe its a particular batch that's bad....
    seems the 32gb have more cracks. Further evidence that it was a particular run of parts
    Nope. But I have the Skinomi skin and a targus case on mine. Going on my 2nd month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    seems the 32gb have more cracks. Further evidence that it was a particular run of parts
    Still waiting for my 32gb but I was wondering if any experienced a crack again in a repaired unit. Could help us 'guess' if it is indeed a batch of bad units or simply poor design/quality of the plastic.
    With only 13 votes indicating cracks so far, I wouldn't jump to any conclusion based on such a small sample.
    I think the OP text needs to be more specific. I was confused for a bit. I was almost thinking that 'cracked' meant it was using different kernel or overclocked. I was almost going to vote for both 16GB and 32GB.
    Are the cracks that people are getting on their Touchpads from wear? or were they cracked right when they came out of the box? I havent seen any cracks on my 32GB as of yet.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    You can only assume that if the 32 Gb Touchpads are cracked disproportionately relative to their abundance. E.g if 75% of cracked Touchpads are 32 Gb, that could be equal if 75% of all Touchpads are 32 Gb. Or it could mean that 32 Gb units are more likely to crack if only 50% of all Touchpads are 32 Gb.

To make a valid comparison you need to also get a breakdown of either total Touchpad numbers 16 Gb vs 32 Gb, or extend this poll and get a breakdown of 16 Gb vs 32 Gb uncracked units.
    DrPotoroo likes this.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Actually, my 32gb is cracked on both speakers and my kids 16gb is cracked on the left speaker. So far, my wifes 32gb has no cracks.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    Actually, my 32gb is cracked on both speakers and my kids 16gb is cracked on the left speaker. So far, my wifes 32gb has no cracks.
    IMHO it has to do with how you hold it. If you hold it by the bottom corners, near the speakers, it puts more weight on the plastic frame causing it to crack. If you hold it in the midle, where the home button is, the weight is more evenly distributed and doesnt cause the cracks.

This is just my OPINION. My wife and I have 32gb TPs, and neither is cracked. We both generally use them supported, IE we are not holding them, so there is less flex/weight/torque.

How do the rest of you hold your TPs? Do those that hold it by the bottom corners have cracks, and do those that dont not have the cracks? IE TimBoch, does your son hold it with his left hand and type with his right? This would stress the left corner, where the crack is.
    I have barely put my TP down in the past 3 weeks. No cracks yet but I'm waiting. I do use a case though. I'm really curious if its just dependant on how people hold it or if its bad hardware batches.
    Quote Originally Posted by tony20 View Post
    IMHO it has to do with how you hold it. If you hold it by the bottom corners, near the speakers, it puts more weight on the plastic frame causing it to crack. If you hold it in the midle, where the home button is, the weight is more evenly distributed and doesnt cause the cracks.

This is just my OPINION. My wife and I have 32gb TPs, and neither is cracked. We both generally use them supported, IE we are not holding them, so there is less flex/weight/torque.

How do the rest of you hold your TPs? Do those that hold it by the bottom corners have cracks, and do those that dont not have the cracks? IE TimBoch, does your son hold it with his left hand and type with his right? This would stress the left corner, where the crack is.
    Interesting, I've wondered the same thing as pressure from user hands would seem to be a much more likely factor than any other force including heat from overclocking etc. Now there would have to be an underlying weakness and/or stress I would think that is being exacerbated but the theory makes sense. We tend to use ours supported as well and no cracks, yet anyway.
    mine cracked in the middle of second month of owning. Its 32gb btw. funny thing is I left it on a stand and didnt touch it for a week. after I grabbed it for the first time ina while, it had a hairline crack...i thought i was good too. smh.
    32 GB. No cracks...has been in the HP Folio case since the minute I took it out.
    HTC Sensation, HP TouchPad, iPod touch 4th generation ...
    Have had it since September 23rd - it's just developed a small crack near the left speaker now - it's always been in it's HP Folio case. It's never been dropped or knocked.

It's a 32GB model that I managed to get hold of in the fire sale in the UK BTW.

Have just been chatting to Palm Care, they've asked for a photo and will process it under warranty.
    Most recent phones have included HTC Touch Dual (WinMo 6.1 - 6.5) > Samsung Omnia (WinMo 6.1 - 6.5) > HTC Hero (Android 1.5 - 2.1) > HTC Desire Android (2.1 - 2.3) > HTC Desire HD (2.2.1 - 2.3.3).

New: HP Touchpad 32GB (Possibly selling after it comes back from repair - contact me)
    New: HP Pre3 (Selling - contact me)
    New: Samsung Galaxy S II (Android 2.3.5)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast