Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    I have not dropped the Touchpad. Been in a case at all times. Very little pressure applied to screen. I charged it this morning. When I went to use it.......see the pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 10/06/2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Updated title to reflect post.
    Wow. Looks like time to use the warranty. You don't have a screen protector on it, do you?
    another vicim of Touchstone charger?
  4.    #4  
    not at the moment. I worried about warranty because it looks like LCD pressure damage, but i haven't but any pressure on it.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Let it get warmed up. It may just be condensation on the inside of the screen. Rare, but it happens.
    It wasn't me officer, I swear.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    another vicim of Touchstone charger?
    Actually, i have a touchstone on the way........lol.
    johnjaycee likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Scarface View Post
    Actually, i have a touchstone on the way........lol.
    I wouldn't worry about using the TouchStone. I would also say 99.9% of forum members prior to fire sale (nothing against those folks) would tell you the same. In 2 years of webOS ownership I can't tell you how few times I have plugged in a webOS device (all mainly for loading patches/preware/homebrew and file trasnfers).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    If the TouchPad screen is subjected to excessive pressure for an extended period of time temporary pattern of rings may appear on the screen. This phenomenon is called ring marks and is inherent in the touch screen technology used in the TouchPad as well as other tablet devices.
    These ring marks normally fade in a few minutes with no adverse affects to your TouchPad. If the ring marks do not fade within a few minutes try attaching the power cable, which may reduce the time for the rings to fade. Note that if the TouchPad is again subjected to excessive pressure the ring marks may reappear temporarily.

This is not a reason to return the TouchPad; as noted this is inherent in the design. There may be, however, some cases in which the ring marks do not fade away. If the ring marks do not disappear on their own, or after attaching to power for 10-15 minutes, an exchange may be necessary.
    To prevent reoccurrence avoid squeezing the TouchPad into a full backpack or briefcase or setting heavy objects on the TouchPad screen.

If the ring marks do not go away you should contact HP support for further assistance.

(Do note at this time I can not see the pictures very well, so this may not be entirely accurate).
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  9.    #9  
    This is weird. As I'm chatting with HP support. I took a screen shot with the touchpad just to prove it was the LCD. about 3-5 mins. later.....the spot just faded away in front of my eyes. It was like a bubble bursting lol.

Maybe hardbeatz was correct. However......i didn't put pressure on.....i don't think....lol
    Last edited by Mr.Scarface; 10/06/2011 at 05:15 PM.
    jblather likes this.
    false alarm. Remember not to leave the touchpad on the dashboard in 100 deg direct sunlight...
  11.    #11  
    It wasn't....it was in a Hotel room.....cool 72 degrees.
  12.    #12  
    HP support wanted me to send it in anyway, as it could be the screen touching the battery or something. I will waiting to see if the problem shows up again.

Thanks....
    This is weird. As I'm chatting with HP support. I took a screen shot with the touchpad just to prove it was the LCD. about 3-5 mins. later.....the spot just faded away in front of my eyes. It was like a bubble bursting lol.

Maybe hardbeatz was correct. However......i didn't put pressure on.....i don't think....lol
    Do you have a screen protector on it?

What's the battery temp, as reported by Dr. Battery or other apps?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    strange circles also appear when you go through airport security check, but they fade away
    It wasn't....it was in a Hotel room.....cool 72 degrees.
    Any chance it was charging next to the TV?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    strange circles also appear when you go through airport security check, but they fade away
    WE MAY HAVE A WINNER! I go thru Airport Checkpoints ALOT. Now, I have never seen what happened today. It was about 10 minutes after I went thru the X-ray that I looked at the touchpad and notice the screen issue.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Any chance it was charging next to the TV?
    No....
    WE MAY HAVE A WINNER! I go thru Airport Checkpoints ALOT. Now, I have never seen what happened today. It was about 10 minutes after I went thru the X-ray that I looked at the touchpad and notice the screen issue.
    ahh some of us thought you meant it happened right after pulling off charger
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    where's the deguasse button?
    The touchpad has the newton rings issue. It plagues other tablets.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast