Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Redflea's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
       #1  
    Just logged into Gmail in the browser, and am in the inbox. When I try to scroll down to view messages below the bottom of the screen, the inbox won't scroll...the whole screen shifts up and blank grey space appears - it's like I'm looking at a JPG of my gmail page, and not the page itself.

    The same happens if I view my Gmail Contacts as well.

    Logged into Google Voice and that will scroll. Google Calendar scrolls.

    Google Docs will scroll.

    What do I need to do to get Gmail inbox to scroll like a normal web page?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
    Just logged into Gmail in the browser, and am in the inbox. When I try to scroll down to view messages below the bottom of the screen, the inbox won't scroll...the whole screen shifts up and blank grey space appears - it's like I'm looking at a JPG of my gmail page, and not the page itself.

    The same happens if I view my Gmail Contacts as well.

    Logged into Google Voice and that will scroll. Google Calendar scrolls.

    Google Docs will scroll.

    What do I need to do to get Gmail inbox to scroll like a normal web page?
    switch to basic html
  3. Redflea's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
       #3  
    Thanks...unfortunately it looks like that setting may be global for your account across all devices/browsers, is that right? Don't want to dumb-down the view on my laptop/pc to basic HTML as well.

    Thanks very much for the help. Wish this tablet had a better browser, kinda disappointing.
  4. #4  
  5. Redflea's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
       #5  
    thanks, that did it.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
    thanks, that did it.
    Did you try this one?

    https://mail.google.com/mail/mu/mp/647

    My TP changes to
    https://mail.google.com/mail/mu/mp/398
    when I enter that
  7. c000's Avatar
    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    My TP changes to
    https://mail.google.com/mail/mu/mp/398
    when I enter that
    mine changed into 259 for some reason. no idea why.
  8. Redflea's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
       #8  
    Didn't notice if it changed, just noticed it would scroll.

    The bummer is that the folder list isn't displayed, didn't notice that at first, I was so excited about the scrolling...
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
    Thanks...unfortunately it looks like that setting may be global for your account across all devices/browsers, is that right? Don't want to dumb-down the view on my laptop/pc to basic HTML as well.

    Thanks very much for the help. Wish this tablet had a better browser, kinda disappointing.
    After I changed to basic html on the TP and still logged in, I signed into the same email account on my PC and it displayed the normal (not basic) view.
  10. #10  
    hi,

    I have the same problem with gmail on my HP touchpad.. How do I change to basic html? I have very limited understanding of it so I don't know what that even means!

    thanks
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by lucy12h View Post
    hi,

    I have the same problem with gmail on my HP touchpad.. How do I change to basic html? I have very limited understanding of it so I don't know what that even means!

    thanks
    When you first login, there's a message on the bottom right that says something like, "slow connection? Try html version", click on that, bookmark it.
  12. noseph's Avatar
    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    #12  
    The easiest way to get you to the basic HTML GMail is to use

    https://mail.google.com/mail/h
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

    Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

    Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

    Twitter: @noseph47
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
    Just logged into Gmail in the browser, and am in the inbox. When I try to scroll down to view messages below the bottom of the screen, the inbox won't scroll...the whole screen shifts up and blank grey space appears - it's like I'm looking at a JPG of my gmail page, and not the page itself.

    The same happens if I view my Gmail Contacts as well.

    Logged into Google Voice and that will scroll. Google Calendar scrolls.

    Google Docs will scroll.

    What do I need to do to get Gmail inbox to scroll like a normal web page?
    Won't scroll for me either. Give me the old one . it was fine . If it an't Broke...

Posting Permissions