Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Awats View Post
    So if I install Android on an iPad, Apple is obligated to give us the source? Come on now.

I'll bet the license says something about "market" not dicking around or internal use. Geez, just trying it out to decide if you wanted to sell it would obligate you and I can't imagine there isn't a bail out clause for that.
    If you install Android and then Apple sells it as a retail product, then yes.
    If you install Android and then Apple sells it as a retail product, then yes.
    here's the thing though what if apple didn't know they had android on them?
    (hidd) user.emerg: AddNewFinger: WARNING!!!!!!!: 99 FINGERS ADDED in 1 secs
    Quote Originally Posted by darkassain View Post
    here's the thing though what if apple didn't know they had android on them?
    It doesn't matter someone had to load the software onto it, in this case it was Android which is covered by the GPL license; which means they must release at least the source code for the kernel because it had to be modified to make Android run on the Touchpad.
    It doesn't matter someone had to load the software onto it, in this case it was Android which is covered by the GPL license; which means they must release at least the source code for the kernel because it had to be modified to make Android run on the Touchpad.
    No they dont...

Please read the gpl v2 and if you're still not convinced then this article

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/hps-big-mistake/
    (hidd) user.emerg: AddNewFinger: WARNING!!!!!!!: 99 FINGERS ADDED in 1 secs
    Hello everybody, has anybody highlighted that the HTC Jetstream (running Android 3.1) has the same CPU as the HP touchpad?? I haven't seen any comment on this
    I started a new thread that maybe should have gone into this thread?
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...t-android.html
    Yes. I got this device that will show Qualcomm logo when turn it on. Also I am reply this thread with this device....It was developed in Jan 2011and easy to use.It is big mistake to HP give up touchpad.........
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12