1.    #1  
    A few days ago my Touchpad froze so i attempted a home+power reboot and it turn off but wont turn back on, nothing displays on the screen.
    I installed F4 Phantom Kernel overclocked to 1.512 in Govnah, had no problems for at least 3 weeks.

I have tried:
    * Power button held for 30 seconds +
    * Home + Power held for 30 seconds+
    * Home + Power + Down/Up Volume held for 30 seconds+
    * Power + Down/Up Volume Held for 30 seconds+
    * Holding Up/Down Volume when connecting to PC
    * AC charger is properly connected/twisted
    * Charging overnight with laptop and AC charger (i dont have access to a )
    * Charging with different USB cable.
    * WebOS Doctor wont let me click 'next' on the 'Connect device' screen, in CLI it keeps checking for devices every second but returns "Devices: 0"

NOTHING displays on the screen when trying any of the above and the LED doesn't light up. but one day I did get the low battery symbol when attempting to turn it on two days after it died and I hadn't charged it, but couldn't force it unto recovery mode, even when plugged in.

When plugging into a Windows PC it pops up with the dialog to install drivers for "QHSUSB_DLOAD"

I have exhausted my googling abilities and have found no fix, i have searched the forums and read most, if not all "bricked" threads.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I'm getting ready to call HP.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks
    Last edited by alowva; 10/06/2011 at 09:01 AM.
    Have you tried web doctor? There are several threads here about that. I think that it would solve your problem.
    If all else fails, call HP, but don't mention overclocking, that probably voids warranty.
  3.    #3  
    ah thats what i missed out of my first post, Ive tried webos Doctor but i cant get the next button when it asks me to plug in the device. running in command mode just keeps checking every second and returning "devices: 0"
    I have seen some TP that had hardware issues dealing with the charging port. That might be part of your issue since it seems like the charger is no responding. Hence nothing happening when you do all the button presses. Might want to fiddle with the power cable to see if it makes a better connection.

I am guessing you have had it plugged in to the AC wall adapter and tried the Power and Home button sequence for 10-15 sec.
    Last edited by elpollodiablo1; 10/06/2011 at 09:31 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by elpollodiablo1 View Post
    I have seen some TP that had hardware issues dealing with the charging port. That might be part of your issue since it seems like the charger is no responding. Hence nothing happening when you do all the button presses.
    I had about 50% battery when it died and i instantly tried all the button holds then, so i doubt this is the issue. May be best to send it off anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by alowva View Post
    I had about 50% battery when it died and i instantly tried all the button holds then, so i doubt this is the issue. May be best to send it off anyway.
    you would be surprised that even when it has battery power left want it crashes doesn't mean it has power right after. I have noticed once my device had 80% went unresponsive tried restarting it and such but nothing happened so I just plugged it in and left it for an hour or two. came back it was still off so I tried power button. nothing but the reboot button sequence booted it up and went straight to the Charging Icon.

Strange things happen with devices you can never rule anything out even if you have tried it multiple times.

but sending it back might be the easiest solution for you.
    In theory you can't brick it... Unless you mess with touch to share. Sounds like a hardware issue. Send it in, but don't tell them about the kernels.