Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #1  
    So I fell asleep on the bus home on Monday with the TouchPad in my hands and I don't remember having it in my hands when I woke up. Now the only remaining "artifact" of the amazing webOS in my home is my humble HP Veer.

Lament with me, my brethren.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    <loud sobbing sounds>

That truly sucks.
    That sucks. Someone stole my 1st gen jailbroken iPad 64gb about 4 months ago so I feel your pain but lost a lot more money
    Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    Very sorry to hear that sir. All the best with replacing it.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    ouch, someone was slick and took it out of your hands, that sucks .
    i would love to see the person's face when they realize it's not an ipad.
    Last edited by brutus001; 10/06/2011 at 08:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    If you were on a public bus, they run video cams, tell them someone lifted your Touchpad, file a police report, and perhaps you can get access to the recorded video if there is one. Maybe you can catch the person that did this, if this is what happened.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    He did not say where he was, nor is it in his profile.......................If he was in NY, there are no bus cams.......................teach a lesson, you are not in UTOPIA......................
    I would check into the bus's operation business to find out if they have any procedures for items stolen while riding their vehicle. Sorry about your lose!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jewjenk View Post
    He did not say where he was, nor is it in his profile.......................If he was in NY, there are no bus cams.......................teach a lesson, you are not in UTOPIA......................
    A lesson is certainly appropriate here, I think the OP has likely learned the lessen for this case. But to throw up your hands and do nothing when there could be means to recover is just plain lazy. Does not hurt to find out of there is a video.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Don't they have cameras in public buses?
    Quote Originally Posted by jewjenk View Post
    Uhm, dude. Older buses in NY don't have cams, but newer buses have. So there might still be a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viewtiful_Jon View Post
    So I fell asleep on the bus home on Monday with the TouchPad in my hands and I don't remember having it in my hands when I woke up. Now the only remaining "artifact" of the amazing webOS in my home is my humble HP Veer.

Lament with me, my brethren.
    That sucks.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    At least you didn't wake up in a field two days later with mysterious stitches on your torso.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viewtiful_Jon View Post
    I don't remember having it in my hands when I woke up.
    Um..how do you not remember if you had it in your hands when you woke up. Either you know or you don't...just saying.

other than that, sorry homie
  16.    #16  
    Thanks for the well wishes everybody.

I've taken the necessary actions (informed the transit service of my lost item, etc.), but I'm not sure if there's any cameras on my transit system (I was on an older bus in Vancouver).

For the record, I have been waking up at 6am everyday for about a month now and refusing to drink coffee, so my memory (especially around when I wake up) isn't so great. Thus, while I am almost positive that it was taken from me (and not simply placed on the seat while I got off the bus or something like that), I can not earnestly say it with 100% certainty and decided not to use accusatory language, in case nobody actually stole it from me.
    Maybe when you fell asleep you actually dropped it. It could have slide around in the bus as it was driving. Maybe someone turned it in. A few days ago I was at the gym with my touchpad and sweater. When I left my wife picked up my sweater grabbed my keys and dropped it back on the floor. I thought she still had it. The next day when I was searching for my sweater she informed me she left it there and thought I was going to pick it up. When I found my sweater at the gym all 140 was taken out of my wallet, but everything else was there. I think that's the equivalent of losing a touchpad, so I really do feel your pain. Just remember, it's only stuff and it doesn't matter as much as we think it does!
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I feel your pain if you get another don't show it to the public put in a some case strap it
    around your neck or something. Next input a password on the next one.
    if that helps.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I am looking for a 32GB touchpad. I don't know what you had but when I find one

I would sell you mine if that helps. Good luck Bob

gobob2007@gmail.com
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    OH! Just found out that you had a 32GB so I don't think you would be interested in
    my 16GB just trying to help.

Bob
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast