Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    6 year old photo smart hook via lan to router - prints from touchpad
    +
    6 week old 1102w laserjet wireless - nope
  2.    #42  
    l just got mine (HP P1606dn) connected via ePrint. Prints fine via that interface. However, now it won't print at all via regular WiFi. My print jobs just hang up indefinitely waiting to print, but never do.

Still waiting on HP to contact me back with a resolution on WiFi printing for this model from the TP. Previous to getting ePrint established, all I'd get were black pages printing from the TP. It's nice having ePrint capabilities and all, but I'd reallybrather not have to send my printer an email when I'm sitting right here next to it.
    Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    I just printed for the first time to a HP Officejet J6450. All I did was connect it wirelessly to my router and manually entered the ip address when I printed a webpage. Printed instantly.... But only in black, don't know why.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    I'm not sure how to read that, seems a little vague to me. I have an old Laserjet 4 which still works fine still though. It's got a jetdirect card, is directly on my local lan (ethernet/serial/appletalk/dlc) and supports PCL (as well as postscript). Touchpad can't find it of course although it works with the acrobat based solution from these forums. Obviously it's older than the 5 years specified but I'm reading about other folks with printers newer than the 5 years that don't seem to work either.
    I do not see anywhere in the TouchPad printing specifications that state that they support JetDirect cards. Where are the posts of folks who are having problems with legacy (approximately 5 years old or newer) network-capable HP printers that support PCL? The posts in this thread are about a printer that does not support PCL out of the box. It is unclear if the firmware upgrade to support ePrint on this printer actually adds PCL support. If it does not then HP has muddied the water on an easy way to identify if a new printer is supported by the TouchPad (i.e. "The webOS print solution will support all... These printers include new HP ePrint-capable printers—Photosmart, Officejet, and LaserJet").
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I do not see anywhere in the TouchPad printing specifications that state that they support JetDirect cards. Where are the posts of folks who are having problems with legacy (approximately 5 years old or newer) network-capable HP printers that support PCL? The posts in this thread are about a printer that does not support PCL out of the box. It is unclear if the firmware upgrade to support ePrint on this printer actually adds PCL support. If it does not then HP has muddied the water on an easy way to identify if a new printer is supported by the TouchPad (i.e. "The webOS print solution will support all... These printers include new HP ePrint-capable printers—Photosmart, Officejet, and LaserJet").
    Supporting a Jetdirect card or not really didn't occur to me as it's part of the printer. But obviously my printer is out of the age spec so guess it doesn't matter. Maybe I mis-spoke about users finding newer printers with PCL not working, I'm not sure. Guess I'll let them speak for themselves,
  6.    #46  
    DISCO!!!

The WebOS update fixed it right up! No more solid black pages when trying to print from the TP.

Woohoo!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123