Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46
  1. poqonos's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #21  
    I have Brother 2170W printer and touchpad does not support it
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Steep View Post
    Did you not think to ask or check for yourself wether it was compatible before you bought it?
    Is there a definitive list out there or place to check? All I see again and again is:

    "The webOS print solution will support all network-capable HP printers that support PCL page description language in the local LAN. These printers include new HP ePrint-capable printers—Photosmart, Officejet, and LaserJet—as well as legacy printers approximately 5 years old or newer."

    Which seems a bit on the vague side to me to base a purchase on.
  3. #23  
    After you've installed the firmware, print out a configuration test page (you'll have to refer to the printer manual) and that should show whether the firmware was installed properly. You may have to cold reboot/hard reset the printer after firmware installation (refer to the detailed firmware update instructions included with the update and the links below).

    If printer is updated properly via firmware, you will then have to seek out the printer on your Touchpad. Please keep in mind, you will have to assign your printer an e-mail address so that you can print to it over the cloud, see links below for instructions and FAQs:

    Setting up ePrint on your HP ePrint printer

    HP ePrintCenter | Help

    Good Luck and let us know how it worked out for you.
  4. #24  
    Are you trying to connect directly to the printer wirelessly with the touchpad (ad-hoc) or are you using a wireless router in the middle? A lot of times you need a router in the middle.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Steep View Post
    Did you not think to ask or check for yourself wether it was compatible before you bought it?
    Trust me, I did.

    But when all signs point to it being able to do so (TouchPad has WiFi and supports printing via WiFi - the printer I selected has WiFi and supports WiFi printing) then all I am left to assume is a big, fat "yes" it should work with the TP.

    I even went to Office Depot to try and do a test print from my TP. But of course, since their display models are only plugged in to power outlets and not setup on WiFi networks, there was no way of me physically testing it out.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohh View Post
    Are you trying to connect directly to the printer wirelessly with the touchpad (ad-hoc) or are you using a wireless router in the middle? A lot of times you need a router in the middle.
    Router.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by skouly View Post
    ...Please keep in mind, you will have to assign your printer an e-mail address so that you can print to it over the cloud, see links below for instructions and FAQs:

    Setting up ePrint on your HP ePrint printer

    HP ePrintCenter | Help

    Good Luck and let us know how it worked out for you.

    yep.

    Located these links just moments earlier and will implement tonight.

    Thanks again for the posts, people.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    Trust me, I did.

    But when all signs point to it being able to do so (TouchPad has WiFi and supports printing via WiFi - the printer I selected has WiFi and supports WiFi printing) then all I am left to assume is a big, fat "yes" it should work with the TP.
    Before I bought it, I did a search on this forum using the model number. It came up with this thread and how the 1102w is NOT compatible with the TP (and my response).

    Nonetheless, please let us know how it goes. My laser printer just gave up the ghost, and I'm looking for a replacement that would hopefully work with the TP.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
  9. #29  
    Not sure if you already did this but ePrint needs to be setup and activated on the printer before it can work. Essentially, with ePrint you're emailing the file that you want to print out to the printer so it needs to be assigned an email address.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    Do you have this printer? From every product spec I've read on it, it doesn't seem to support WiFi printing - only ethernet. Guess I'll need to talk to a rep.
    "N" series printers need to be plugged into your router/switch with a network cable. The other free option is to use the program someone posted on the forums to allow printing to any connected printer on a computer that is turned on and on your network.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    yep.

    Located these links just moments earlier and will implement tonight.

    Thanks again for the posts, people.
    Inquiring minds want to know!
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
  12.    #32  
    No dice!

    nothing has worked. Plus, once I read the post by someone saying that the TP uses PCL something-or-other and how the P1102w doesn't support that, I had pretty much resigned that this issue just wasn't going to get resolved.

    I didn't want to do any work-arounds as had been suggested, so I just returned it and got the next model up - the P1606dn which HP just knocked $50 off of to bring it down to $150. Only drawback with that one is there's no WiFi. Its got to be physically linked to my WiFi router. Which isn't too bad, unless you just want to put the printer in another room than your desktop. Plus this laser printer does 2-sided prjnts.

    This one does print wirelessly from the TP, but all my pages are coming out 100% black (no matter if I'm printing from a Quickoffice doc, PDF or an email). I put a call in to HP and they said some other folks have already called this same issue in and should have a resolution to me within 24 to 48 hours. Wireless prints from the desktop come out fine.
  13. #33  
    Sorry to hear that.

    If you want to have the printer in a room other than where your router is located at, you could also setup a powerline network.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoswede View Post
    Inquiring minds want to know!
    I did the Sept 2011 firmware update on my HP Laserjet P1102w and followed the instructions to enable eprint. I'm now able to eprint from my Touchpad, but the Print Manager still says printer not supported.
  15.    #35  
    that's great.

    I kind of subconsciously wanted to get out of that model anyway though, so I'm glad I took it back. The P1606dn I replaced it with does double-sided printing, and that's a feature I can really take advantage of.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    Won't my TP automatically go into ePrint mode when it is sending to an ePrint enabled printer?
    ePrint is the only mode the TP supports, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $That$'$s$ $why$ $if$ $a$ $printer$ $is$ $not$ $ePrint$ $capable$, $the$ $TP$ $won$'$t$ $print$ $to$ $it$, $which$ $was$ $of$ $course$ $the$ $problem$ $you$ $were$ $having$.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  17. noseph's Avatar
    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    ePrint is the only mode the TP supports, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $That$'$s$ $why$ $if$ $a$ $printer$ $is$ $not$ $ePrint$ $capable$, $the$ $TP$ $won$'$t$ $print$ $to$ $it$, $which$ $was$ $of$ $course$ $the$ $problem$ $you$ $were$ $having$.
    Not true, I have a HP Photosmart C6380 (not a ePrint printer) and can print just fine from both of our TouchPads. The requirement is not that the printer be ePrint enabled but be an HP printer that is able to be seen on your ethernet network and be running the PCL language. I believe that most ePrint printers meet this requirement and therefore the TouchPad can print to them, along with other HP printers that also meet the requirements. The main benefit of a ePrint printer is that you can print to the printer from anywhere by sending a document as an attachment in an email to the printer's email address.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

    Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

    Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

    Twitter: @noseph47
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    The requirement is not that the printer be ePrint enabled but be an HP printer that is able to be seen on your ethernet network and be running the PCL language.
    Obviously there is more to it than that since there are many networkable HP PCL printers that are not compatible with the TP.

    Your printer is running PCL3GUI, so that may have something to do with it.

    And ePrint is much more than just printing from email, although that is a feature of it.
    Last edited by Syndil; 10/09/2011 at 05:43 AM.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  19. noseph's Avatar
    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Obviously there is more to it than that since there are many networkable HP PCL printers that are not compatible with the TP.

    Your printer is running PCL3GUI, so that may have something to do with it.

    And ePrint is much more than just printing from email, although that is a feature of it.
    Below is a quote from the description of the HP TouchPad capabilities.

    6. The webOS print solution will support all network-capable HP printers that support PCL page description language in the local LAN. These printers include new HP ePrint-capable printers—Photosmart, Officejet, and LaserJet—as well as legacy printers approximately 5 years old or newer. ePrint requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any Internet- and email-capable device and will require a firmware upgrade. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents and image types, see HP ePrintCenter | Printers.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

    Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

    Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

    Twitter: @noseph47
  20. #40  
    I'm not sure how to read that, seems a little vague to me. I have an old Laserjet 4 which still works fine still though. It's got a jetdirect card, is directly on my local lan (ethernet/serial/appletalk/dlc) and supports PCL (as well as postscript). Touchpad can't find it of course although it works with the acrobat based solution from these forums. Obviously it's older than the 5 years specified but I'm reading about other folks with printers newer than the 5 years that don't seem to work either.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions