webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > TouchPad 4G Unlocking source???
TouchPad 4G Unlocking source???
Like Tree1Likes

Old 10/05/2011, 09:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Many of the TouchPad 4G's are locked to AT&T.

GuyFromNam where are you when we need you!
Old 10/05/2011, 09:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Send it to DigitalUnlock.
They need one to work on.
You got the details!
GuyFromNam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/06/2011, 12:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Hands were shook, pictures were took, and TouchPads unlook.
GuyFromNam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/06/2011, 10:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

I've been informed by digitalunlock.com that they plan to offer unlocking service for HP Touchpad 4G's beginning next week.

In the meantime, I've discovered a service claiming they can do it now.
unlockitnow.com offers unlocking for the HP Touchpad 4G. Their price is $19.95

I've went ahead and ordered one code from them and will report back here as soon as I have the results of this transaction.

Keeping fingers crossed.

TTB
Old 10/07/2011, 10:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

Bad news from unlockitnow.com:
Unfortunately there was no unlock code available in our HP Touchpad 4G unlock code database.

Time to go pout ...

DigitalUnlock.com - Please come through for us!
Thank You in advance
Old 11/15/2011, 08:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

hhaha I am still waiting for this . some guy informed me can unlock it ,but not further process yet now. TopTongueBarry , YOu are from ATT?? Can't you UNLOCK IT ? surprise to me
sunsealeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2011, 11:26 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsealeo View Post
hhaha I am still waiting for this . some guy informed me can unlock it ,but not further process yet now. TopTongueBarry , YOu are from ATT?? Can't you UNLOCK IT ? surprise to me
No I work in IT support, not mobility. Besides, the device was never released. HP has the unlock code database and for some reason is keeping it under tight lock and key (or so I've heard secondhand).
Old 11/15/2011, 12:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

It(Touchpad 4g) is not same products with hp pre3/veer. All is based on Webos. So try to do or get idea from the following link. i think that the fast way is to contact to blogger.
Dogbert's Blog: Free Unlocker for Palm/HP Phones

Last edited by cst1077; 11/15/2011 at 01:10 PM.
cst1077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2011, 02:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cst1077 View Post
It(Touchpad 4g) is not same products with hp pre3/veer. All is based on Webos. So try to do or get idea from the following link. i think that the fast way is to contact to blogger.
Dogbert's Blog: Free Unlocker for Palm/HP Phones
Read through the http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...rs-lounge.html

You'll find that process has already been tried, unsuccessfully so far. Besides the data card is not the same as the modem device used in the phones.
Data card in the TP 4G is an Ericsson. PreCentral search works!
Liked by GuyFromNam likes this.
Old 11/20/2011, 06:51 AM   #10 (permalink)

no news from Digital Unlock ?
Old 11/20/2011, 01:14 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
no news from Digital Unlock ?
No news from anyone. After I gave up, a few others have tried. Herrie and MrBuffett went the furthest using a process developed for the phones. They too hit a roadblock.
Old 11/21/2011, 02:20 PM   #12 (permalink)

It's incredible ! No Method yet to unlock or legally sim-unlock this device !!!

Can we call AT&T support ?
appulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/18/2012, 10:46 AM   #13 (permalink)

If anybody still interested I found that the guys from UnlockItNow.com offers unlock codes for TP 4G.
HP TouchPad 4G Unlock: TouchPad 4G Unlocking by UnlockItNow.com
Pilotovef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/18/2012, 11:09 AM   #14 (permalink)

Why pay when you can get an unlock code for free here, courtesy of Siobhanellis?
ē HTC One (T-Mobile)
ē Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
ē Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
gamer765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/2012, 01:23 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
If anybody still interested I found that the guys from UnlockItNow.com offers unlock codes for TP 4G.
HP TouchPad 4G Unlock: TouchPad 4G Unlocking by UnlockItNow.com
im sure this has been confirmed on another thread, but although these guys advertise unlocking for the 4G, it does not work. don't waste your cash...
Old 05/15/2012, 01:17 PM   #16 (permalink)

Is Siobhanellis on vacation? If you are here please erspond. I am also one of the owners desparateky trying to get this unlocked. I contacted Siobhanellis several times in past month, I guess he is very busy. Even if there is a paid service I am willing!

Thanks
tabletrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/16/2012, 02:39 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabletrus View Post
Is Siobhanellis on vacation? If you are here please erspond. I am also one of the owners desparateky trying to get this unlocked. I contacted Siobhanellis several times in past month, I guess he is very busy. Even if there is a paid service I am willing!

Thanks
you need to remember that Siobhan is offering this as a favour and is dependent on a very generous colleague to provide the codes. I am also waiting, and quite keen to get it unlocked but at the end of the day buying a product without an official unlock process is always a risk.
Old 05/16/2012, 10:54 PM   #18 (permalink)

It looks like my source has dire dup, but i will keep trying.

Sorry.

Siobhan

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
siobhanellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/2012, 12:49 PM   #19 (permalink)

Hi everyone,

I am yet another touchpad 4G user who's eagerly waiting for the unlock code. Called AT&T and HP but no help yet. I have the sim with me but no one seems to be having the unlock code. I don't want to shell out any cash until I get this device unlocked for sure and with a warranty! So any help/suggestion in unlocking my device is very much appreciated.

Regards

Indrajit

Last edited by indrajit_pande; 12/28/2012 at 01:34 PM.
indrajit_pande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/2012, 01:59 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by indrajit_pande View Post
Hi everyone,

I am yet another touchpad 4G user who's eagerly waiting for the unlock code. Called AT&T and HP but no help yet. I have the sim with me but no one seems to be having the unlock code. I don't want to shell out any cash until I get this device unlocked for sure and with a warranty! So any help/suggestion in unlocking my device is very much appreciated.

Regards

Indrajit
Look here:

4G TouchPad Owners Lounge
kayphoonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: indrajit_pande

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0