Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by indrajit_pande View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am yet another touchpad 4G user who's eagerly waiting for the unlock code. Called AT&T and HP but no help yet. I have the sim with me but no one seems to be having the unlock code. I don't want to shell out any cash until I get this device unlocked for sure and with a warranty! So any help/suggestion in unlocking my device is very much appreciated.

Regards

Indrajit
    Quite a necrobump. Anyways, he wants an unlock and a warranty for his TP 4G. Im afraid he'll be disappointed when he finds out that TP 4G's are sold without warranty, even if you got one from HP themselves. He can get an unlock to use any SIM, but he wont get any warranty related help from HP ever.
    Devices:
    HP TouchPad WiFi 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.2 Kernel 3.0
    HP TouchPad 4G 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.1 MBM Beta
    HTC One (T-Mobile)
    Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
    Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Hi kayphoonstar,

Thank you for pointing me to the thread. It took me some time to go through all the posts and am really glad to know the community. I knew nothing about touchpads until I went through the forum. I bought TP4G through an auction on eBay, just because my friend who has TPWiFi told that she's very happy with the one she has.

Best Regards

Indrajit
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer765 View Post
    Quite a necrobump. Anyways, he wants an unlock and a warranty for his TP 4G. Im afraid he'll be disappointed when he finds out that TP 4G's are sold without warranty, even if you got one from HP themselves. He can get an unlock to use any SIM, but he wont get any warranty related help from HP ever.
    Hi gamer765,

Am sorry I wasn't clear in what I meant. By "warranty" I meant that the unlock code should have a warranty to work. A lot of sites are offering to unlock for a price and a lot of forum members mentioned that they do not work! So I mentioned about the service warranty. I knew that the TP4G was never launched and doesn't come with product warranty. I went through the Owner's Lounge thread and am deeply impressed with the members knowledge and expertise and also the eagerness to help each other. I have an educational background in Molecular Genetics and currently in paralegal profession (patent and stuffs). Reading about hardware and electronics is just by interest and the experts like you always help me learn more each day. So thank you all and I will be a regular on this forum to learn more and try to be of help if I can at all.

Best Regards

Indrajit
    What is the recommend way to unlock a Touchpad 4G? I am outside of the US, so no chance to connect to the T&T network, but of course I could call a AT&T or HP customer line in the US.
    Contact CeejayR here on the forum, he can provide an unlocking code for a small fee :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    to sum things up:

- HP customer service ????
    - AT&T customer service ????

- Contact CeejayR (for a small fee)

- Replace the Ericsson F5521GW (for HP) for about 25 EUR inc shipping (on a Russian side it works)
    - Replace the F5521GW with a LTE version??? (which module?)

anybody tried the customer service of HP or AT&T within the last 6 months?
    anybody knows which LTE module is supposed to work?
    Sierra MC7710 is supposed to work but mine doesn't so far in webOS, but OK in Android (which I never use). Will cost you EUR 100+ so expensive gamble. I need to play with different firmware versions to see if that makes a difference.

HP won't give anything since its the carrier who would need to provide.

AT&T might give it but I doubt it since it was never officially released AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

CeejayR is your cheapest, quickest and most reliable option. Price similar to Russians when I last checked ($ 30 if I recall but that might have changed).

Last edited by Herrie; 10/07/2013 at 02:29 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Many of the TouchPad 4G's are locked to AT&T.

GuyFromNam where are you when we need you!
    Hello there I got my HP 4g from an Ebay seller too....I was asking and paid in advance in a couple of places for the unlook code ...but they end up just refounding the money.

Now I live in Ontario Canada and my service provider is Rogers communications..
    I load my touchpad with cm-10-MBM_L 20130902
    and after i just decided to try with my SIM card and to my surprice .. it just work...
    it didnt ask for any unlook code or anything it just connect and is ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Sierra MC7710 is supposed to work but mine doesn't so far in webOS, but OK in Android (which I never use). Will cost you EUR 100+ so expensive gamble. I need to play with different firmware versions to see if that makes a difference.

HP won't give anything since its the carrier who would need to provide.

AT&T might give it but I doubt it since it was never officially released AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

CeejayR is your cheapest, quickest and most reliable option. Price similar to Russians when I last checked ($ 30 if I recall but that might have changed).

I thought that you might want to know how this person did what they need to do to get it on a carrier network

i have a friend who has a touchpad 4g and was trying to get it to work on a BSNL network and they try to get it to work over in India and this is how they got it to work. Here are the steps.

created a
    "Developer Environment" in my machine. Installing SDK, etc. In touchpad we need to give
    "webos20090606" in "Just Type" where you would get a link for developer mode. Enter without giving password.
    And when both are connected, going through
    "Terminal mode" from machine would give us the root access to the device (may be novaterm or other).
    "/etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json" should have an entry for each of the carrier worldwide.
    Which is "Not" always possible for a manufacturer to populate "ALL". The one we miss is "HP/Palm" did not give
    a provision to configure carrier provider (by user).
    This file has to be moved through USB to machine where we have to edit. This done by
    cp command in terminal into Touchpad's general folders (may be downloads) and then we shall access that
    folder from our machine through USB for copying into our machine.
    "http://digitalunlock.com/webos/carrierdb/index.html" creates data for us when we give
    "BSNL", its APN (bsnlnet), its MCC (404) and its MNC (80) in appropriate places.
    And if needed we may have to fine tune the settings on that screen.,
    The created data need to be copy pasted into the carrierdb.json at the bottom of the file (at our machine).
    To move the file back to the place needs read-write access to the root folders of Linux inside Touchpad.
    So, after placing the file into the Touchpad's download folder (through USB from our machine), in
    Terminal, we need to remount the file system like
    "mount -o rw,remount /"
    Then cp command will be allowed to write into /etc/carrierdb folder.
    After properly coming out of "Developer mode" and "USB Drive mode", reboot the Touchpad.
    I thought that you might want to know how this person did what they need to do to get it on a carrier network

i have a friend who has a touchpad 4g and was trying to get it to work on a BSNL network and they try to get it to work over in India and this is how they got it to work. Here are the steps.

created a
    "Developer Environment" in my machine. Installing SDK, etc. In touchpad we need to give
    "webos20090606" in "Just Type" where you would get a link for developer mode. Enter without giving password.
    And when both are connected, going through
    "Terminal mode" from machine would give us the root access to the device (may be novaterm or other).
    "/etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json" should have an entry for each of the carrier worldwide.
    Which is "Not" always possible for a manufacturer to populate "ALL". The one we miss is "HP/Palm" did not give
    a provision to configure carrier provider (by user).
    This file has to be moved through USB to machine where we have to edit. This done by
    cp command in terminal into Touchpad's general folders (may be downloads) and then we shall access that
    folder from our machine through USB for copying into our machine.
    "http://digitalunlock.com/webos/carrierdb/index.html" creates data for us when we give
    "BSNL", its APN (bsnlnet), its MCC (404) and its MNC (80) in appropriate places.
    And if needed we may have to fine tune the settings on that screen.,
    The created data need to be copy pasted into the carrierdb.json at the bottom of the file (at our machine).
    To move the file back to the place needs read-write access to the root folders of Linux inside Touchpad.
    So, after placing the file into the Touchpad's download folder (through USB from our machine), in
    Terminal, we need to remount the file system like
    "mount -o rw,remount /"
    Then cp command will be allowed to write into /etc/carrierdb folder.
    After properly coming out of "Developer mode" and "USB Drive mode", reboot the Touchpad.
    Could have just went to the phone app and entered the same APN details there! It's a lot easier! By the way the Sierra MC7710 can now work with my patch elsewhere here :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Could have just went to the phone app and entered the same APN details there! It's a lot easier! By the way the Sierra MC7710 can now work with my patch elsewhere here :-)

PM me touchpad 4g unlocked code
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Does anyone have information on the best current method of unlocking the Touchpad 4G so I can use it with carriers other than AT&T?
    Quote Originally Posted by jetcat33 View Post
    Does anyone have information on the best current method of unlocking the Touchpad 4G so I can use it with carriers other than AT&T?
    A member was offering carrier unlocks for the TP4G.
    Check post #758 here: 4G TouchPad Owners Lounge
    and PM him?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    A member was offering carrier unlocks for the TP4G.
    Check post #758 here: 4G TouchPad Owners Lounge
    and PM him?

Thank you for the vote of confidence as always. im easier reached via email nowadays, but can still do the service.
    Touchpad 4G 32gb | Pre 3 16gb | Veer 8gb
    Mutoidi likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12