1.    #1  
    OK folks, a lot of people have talked about ports or Android OS to the HP touchpad but what about working on the opposite?

WEBOS is such a great tablet OS that more people should have the option and ability to load this wonderfull plateform on their tablet.

If such ports would be successful, we would be able to grow our user community without a hardware vendor in the back to deploy it.

I understand it may require a licensing strategy but I'm pretty convinced HP would like the idea since it brings them revenue and adds value to the OS while they don't have to maintain a lot from a backend perspective.

I'd love to see a discussion on this topic.
    HP Touchpad, Palm Pre2.

If you like the help I am providing
    Support my work:

Just today I was thinking how nice it would be to have a double boot (android & webOS, of course :-)) on a Toshiba Thrive. I still like the tp better, though.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I'm assuming drivers would have to be written for the different hardware configurations
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    I'm assuming drivers would have to be written for the different hardware configurations
    I realize the driver stuff, but would it be more difficult than building drivers to port Android to the TP?
    HP Touchpad, Palm Pre2.

If you like the help I am providing
    Support my work:

Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    webOS on galaxy tab 8.9. Mmmmmmmm!