1.    #1  
    OnSale claims that they cannot do anything and that HP should honor. HP claims that they cannot do anything and that OnSale should honor. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Luna View Post
    OnSale claims that they cannot do anything and that HP should honor. HP claims that they cannot do anything and that OnSale should honor. Any suggestions?
    Call your credit card company.
    dispute the charges with the credit card company
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Say f-it? Be happy you got one?
    I agree dispute the charges with your credit card company the item is not as described that you ordered.
    If they charged you for a 16gb then as said above, stfu and enjoy it

If they charged you for a 32gb create hell! with OnSale, nothing to do with HP either way.
    What did the configuration sticker of the external brown box say? If it said 32B, then I can see where Onsale might claim no responsibility. If it said 16GB then they shipped you the wrong item and they should handle it.

If Onsale tracks the serial number they sent you (which most places do to eliminate fraud) that should identify exactly what they shipped to you.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Why should HP honor Onsale's screw-up? That makes no sense. I'd definately try contacting Onsale one more time. If they refuse to refund the difference between the 16gb and 32gb, or send the item you ordered, I'd dispute the charge with your CC company. Don't forget to get the names of the people you talked to at Onsale, as well as the time and date.
    Dispute with your cc company and call a lawyer too. Make them really pay for passing the buck. Not being fair to you the consumer.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    call your local department of consumer affairs.
    Which model were you charged for? Which model is on the receipt?
    Were Onsale trying to pass the buck to HP because they were not 'supplied with enough' 32Gb models by them.. Or do they claim that it was it packaged/labelled wrongly BY HP in the first place?

Crazy!

13.    #13  
    The plot thickens. The box says 32gb and the serial number on the box matches the serial number of the unit. However, the model number on the box does not match the model number of the unit. hp says this should not be and requested a copy of the label on the box. Apparently serial numbers are not unique but the combination model number and serial number are supposed to be unique.
    The plot thickens. The box says 32gb and the serial number on the box matches the serial number of the unit. However, the model number on the box does not match the model number of the unit. hp says this should not be and requested a copy of the label on the box. Apparently serial numbers are not unique but the combination model number and serial number are supposed to be unique.
    Serial numbers not unique? HP takes the SNAFU award again!
    The plot thickens but the source of the problem becomes clearer!
    In answer to your OP.. Hammer HP for a 'proper' 32Gb version.. presumably that IS what you paid 'Onsale' for?

Sounds like an HP-unique SNAFU alright!