1.    #1  
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    How could webOS get any higher? You can't expect webOS to even keep up. Apple and Google sold some devices in September, HP didn't. That alone will make the difference bigger.
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    On current growth of the market, it will drop off the chart by December? Maybe earlier?
    Wont all the ones not in use currently because they are on eBay show up in a few weeks/months or around the holidays?
    There are not that many on eBay. The other thing is even though TouchPads represent the second largest install base after the iPad (as of september) we are still only a fraction of the iPad's install base and therefore will remain a marginal number.

If all things keep going the way they are, we will disappear in the no man's land soon...
    In the end there will not be 3/4 of a million Touchpad users...
    HP Touchpad, Palm Pre2.

If you like the help I am providing
    Support my work:

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbono13 View Post
    How could webOS get any higher? You can't expect webOS to even keep up. Apple and Google sold some devices in September, HP didn't. That alone will make the difference bigger.
    The measurement was August, I think. So assuming that most Touchpads were bought during the fire sale, it was really measuring one week of Touchpads vs. one month of the rest. If so, then September will show 4 times as much traffic, putting the Touchpad closer to the android number in the article.

But yes, September would be the peak, and after that it should trend downward...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    comScore just chimed in with a different number:

iPads dominate among tablets in driving digital traffic. In August 2011, iPads delivered 97.2 percent of all tablet traffic in the U.S. iPads have also begun to account for a higher share of Internet traffic than iPhones (46.8 percent vs. 42.6 percent of all iOS device traffic).
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    possibly depending on whenever they took the score. Someone mentioned it may have been in august then there would have been sale of touchpads during the fire sale. There are a couple of variables. One, we don't really know how many touchpads got sold during the fire sale. Was it 10%, 50% ,or 90% of the total touchpads i've estimated at somewhere in the range of 1.3 -1.5 million. considering reports i've read that the initital total build was one million units plus the secondary build to fill back orders and employee sales.

Now if the firesale yielded maybe only 200k in sales who knows. The august number may be most of what was out. if the firesale accounted for like 800k sales maybe the firesale is most of the sale, thus sold probably after any august number. If so the number may go up if they measure again in september.

All that being said, the big picture is i highly doubt that number will go up. Even if we assume total they'll sell 1.5 million units, last quarter apple sold 12 million ipads. I believe Apple's current quarter ends on Dec. 25, 2011 (not positive). Point is if history is a guide they'll get a bump in buying around xmas and i'd expect pretty good numbers. possibly better then the 12 million from last quarter considering it is xmas. So Apple may be adding another 12 million plus tablets to add traffic while webos will be getting none (or at least only the limited production run ones). Because of the pure numerical growth you can expect in the amount of apple tablets out their i think in the long term, that is into next year, it will be hard to increase share or internet traffic.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    The Playbook numbers are under-reported simply by the fact that nobody knows where Google Analytics reports the Playbook traffic under.

Message to RIM: Fix the way Google Analytics reports BlackBerry browser data on new devices. You're helping the competition! | CrackBerry.com
    LOL
    Will we see the total number of Touchpad's sold so far anywhere, im curious how many HP has sold so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geffen View Post
    Will we see the total number of Touchpad's sold so far anywhere, im curious how many HP has sold so far.
    i doubt it. Palm never gave numbers of it's phone sales. HP never gave numbers of phone of tablet sales before or after they shut them down. I also wonder if they'd even mention it as it would sort of highlight a past failing. Not sure there is a point.

From every estimate i've heard or read the initial Touchpad order to the Asian manufacturing plant was between 500,000 units and 1 million units. That is also reported on these two sites. How Much Did HP Lose on the TouchPad? Here's a Good Guess. - Arik Hesseldahl - News - AllThingsD
    Hewlett Packard May Lose $300 Million On TouchPad

There is no report however on whether HP actually filled all 1 million. But for the sake of argument let's just assume they did.

Add to that the secondary production that I've seen estimated at 200,000 units here:
    http://www.precentral.net/digitimes-...er-inventories
    More Details on the Final TouchPad Production Run

Add them both and on the the high side you'd get 1.2 million total touchpads when they get done selling the second production if they haven't already.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.