Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Xsever
  • 2 Post By HardBeatZ
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I have a 32 gb touchpad with the stock case on it. I was using splashtop and I felt the case starting to get warm on the back lower left hand corner (landscape speakers at the bottom) I looked at the back of the case and the case was showing a circle on it. I took off the case and the back plastic case of the touchpad was melting. It has an egg shape spot that burned my finger when touched. Has any one had this problem? And what item is in this part of the the touchpad. I suspect it is the wireless card but not sure. I guess I will need to send this in for repair.
    Last edited by cjf243; 10/05/2011 at 01:56 PM.
    contact hp for a warranty claim.
    I'm assuming you mean the HP case? Or are you using some other case that has magnetic metals in it?
    I have never heard of that, no melting here (hp case and I use a touchstone)
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    No one here can help with a melting case. Call HP now.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    No one here can help with a melting case. Call HP now.
    agreed, something very wrong
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Are you overclocked?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    No not overclocking. I think it was the left speaker. The spot is right behind the left speaker and the speaker no longer works. I was not playing anything that required the speaker, so I guess it shorted out.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    When using Splashtop Remote, my TP got very warm on the back too. That is the battery getting hot if I am not mistaken.

I am surprised Splashtop maxes out the CPU and the network like that causing a big current draw from the battery.

Still, this should not cause melting, but I thought I'd let you know about Splashtop and its demanding performance.
    cjf243 likes this.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Update: I got a case number and the tech said a HP person will be contacting me within 3 business days. I got an actual person handling my case with a direct phone number. HP was concerned about the overheating and wanted to analyze it. HP payed for the shipping back and overnighted a new replacement when they received mine. Mine was a WiFi 32 gb model. The replacement is a ATT 4g 1.5gz 32 gb model. Big surprise. My handler had a tech person call me because I had some concerns. He told me they wanted to make things right and they did not have any new WiFi 32 gb models left, only refurbished, so they sent me the ATT 4g model. My concern was if they will support this model with software updates since there are not many of these out in the world. He said he could not comment on any updates that they were working on and did not hint if they will come out with a 3.0.4 version for this model. I believe they will, but what is in the future who knows.
    Last edited by cjf243; 10/20/2011 at 01:14 PM. Reason: added 1.5gz
    Quote Originally Posted by cjf243 View Post
    Update: I got a case number and the tech said a HP person will be contacting me within 3 business days. I got an actual person handling my case with a direct phone number. HP was concerned about the overheating and wanted to analyze it. HP payed for the shipping back and overnighted a new replacement when they received mine. Mine was a WiFi 32 gb model. The replacement is a ATT 4g 1.5gz 32 gb model. Big surprise. My handler had a tech person call me because I had some concerns. He told me they wanted to make things right and they did not have any new WiFi 32 gb models left, only refurbished, so they sent me the ATT 4g model. My concern was if they will support this model with software updates since there are not many of these out in the world. He said he could not comment on any updates that they were working on and did not hint if they will come out with a 3.0.4 version for this model. I believe they will, but what is in the future who knows.

Your name wouldn't happen to be Frank B. by any chance, right?

Before you send it back to HP, would you mind taking a couple of pictures?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by cjf243 View Post
    Our corporate office should be contacting you back today in regards to this, just to ensure you want to move to the ATT 4g or go back to the WiFi 32gb model you had before.

In the end we want to ensure you are satisfied with the options you have available to you, especially when it comes down to an issue of this caliber.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Yes the corporate office has contacted me already to offer a WiFi 32gb model for the ATT 4g model. Will be getting back to them. I just want to make sure everyone realizes that the ATT 4g was an upgrade to make things right and I am not complaining that they did not send me a WiFi model. I was pleasantly surprised that they did this. My concern was the support for the ATT 4g model. Will it happen since so few are out there.