Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    hey guy I'm having a bit of a problem running my touchpad. Uberkernel and Govnah are installed but no matter what i do I can not set the frequency to 1.5 it stuck to 1.188 I tried re uninstall and reinstall uberkernel and govnah several time but still the same frequency I'm I doing something wrong? any help will be much appreciated..

tia
    You getting the reading off Govnah? OK..
    Also You've already gone into Govnah-->'Profile'-->'Advanced Settings'-->'CPU Frequency'-->'Max freq'-->scroll to 'tick' 1.5Ghz-->'Apply settings'-->'save new profile'..? Yes..?

IF it still shows 1.18, just try swiping that Govnah Card off your screen and having reset Uberkernel to 1.5Ghz as above.. reload a new Govnah page once or twice.. and the new settings should then be apparent and OK there?

That's what I did anyway!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/05/2011 at 11:40 AM.
  3.    #3  
    when I go to govnah the maximum frequency I can select is only 1.188 no more than that as mention uninstall and reinstall govnah but didn't yield having the option to 1.5. only option are conservative, ondemandtcl, ondemand, userspace, powersave, and performamance..
    Quote Originally Posted by hptouchpad510 View Post
    when I go to govnah the maximum frequency I can select is only 1.188 no more than that as mention uninstall and reinstall govnah but didn't yield having the option to 1.5. only option are conservative, ondemandtcl, ondemand, userspace, powersave, and performamance..
    If you HAVE installed Uberkernel properly and correctly with Device Restart etc, then it WILL give you the higher frequency options in the Govnah sequence that I have outlined for you above.

You are not tapping and looking in 'Govenor Selection' but 'Frequency Selection' (Min Freq and Max Freq) instead.. OK?

So, perhaps then, you are still in fact running on original Palm Kernel (limited to 1.18Ghz), not Uberkernel, without realising it?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/05/2011 at 11:37 AM.
  5.    #5  
    I probaly did something wrong in installing the uberkernel..it was installed through preware after restarting I installed govnah reboot then it looks like the stock kernel still being used =(
  6.    #6  
    sucks...my tp won't just load the uberkernel properly..any ideas???
    i had this issue too after updating the kernel. i noticed that the kernel switched back to the stock. i did the following: long hold the kernel name and i got the choice to change back to uber (ondemandtcl).

i don't have my tp with me right now, but i am pretty sure that was what i did to get my speeds back up to 1.5 ghz.
  8.    #8  
    "long hold the kernel name and i got the choice to change back to uber (ondemandtcl)"

didn't help =( still stuck with a slow TP
    Try this, it might work. :-)

Uninstall Uberkernel and Govnah then reboot. In preware, install the recovery kernel then reboot again. In preware again, install Uberkernel then reboot. Again in preware, install Govnah. You should see option for 1.5 once you run it. In Govnah, in advanced settings, set the CPU frequency to 'ondemand' (from 'ondemandtcl). Go ahead and name it something like: 1.5 ondemand. Post if this doesn't work for you, we'll figure something out. :-)
  10.    #10  
    hi chicle;

did what you advised stated above..still stuck with 1.18 did even saw the option for 1.5 =(
    Quote Originally Posted by hptouchpad510 View Post
    hi chicle;

did what you advised stated above..still stuck with 1.18 did even saw the option for 1.5 =(
    Did you not only 'see' but also 'tap' the tick option for 1.5Ghz and then hit 'Apply settings' at the bottom of the Govnah page?

So: Open Govnah then tap>Profile>Advanced Settings>CPU Frequency>Max Freq>(scroll list)>1.5Ghz>Apply Settings>rename>close Govnah>reopen Govnah> ???

Oh yes.. and have you updated your ENTIRE SYSTEM to WebOS V.3.0.2.68 before installing "Uberkernel V.3.0.2.68" (as in your post title here)???

?
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/05/2011 at 11:46 PM.
    I*HAVETHESAMEISSUE!!*STUCK*ON*slow*mode....*started*just*today

what the heck? was working fine then today i open govnah and all i got is 1.188. I know what i am doing too, did all the restarts etc. all i have left no matter what is 1.188

do i need to doctor?
    only thing i did different today was download that chroid ipk (android that runs in ipk) opened it, it sucked, removed it
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmaster View Post
    only thing i did different today was download that chroid ipk (android that runs in ipk) opened it, it sucked, removed it
    That's likely the reason, since installing that would have made major changes to the boot region of your device.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I was having the same issue earlier. I think what had happen was I installed uberkernel first then installed govnah. So I removed uberkernel but left govnah there and reinstalled uberkernel and it worked. Hope that helps. I also rebooted after every install/uninstall if that makes any difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmaster View Post
    Yes.. this may obviously have created certain 'unknowns'.. but the OP 'hptouchpad510', has not as far as we know, also done this.. what therefore is HIS apparent continuing 'glitch'?

but i just installed the ipk, nobody else reporting problems, tons of people installed it. it is like any other ipk, like a game you can just erase it
    No-one in this thread has yet attached the output from the Help->Generate Email function in Govnah. Without that, everyone is just guessing at what anyone in this thread actually has or has not installed correctly.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Thanks for pointing out another feature I didn't know about. That could come in handy!

:-)
    i had to webos doctor after downloading that ipk
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast