Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuffet View Post
    that said there are a ton of interesting options under the miniDM menu option -- attached are some screens -- let me know if you want to see the submenu's as well
    Yes please. MiniDM used to work on the Pre 2 using ipkgs from the AT&T doctor, and gave detailed GSM and UMTS configuration parameters and statistics. I've been looking for a way to get the same info on the qualcomm-based and touchpad 4g devices.

Do any of the submenus actually provide real data values?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Hmmz, this seems to be different from Diag mode. For getting an unlock we'd need to get it in Diag mode.

According to Research mpt - WebOS Internals it could be that the command: mpt diag

Might work to get it into Diag mode, any chance you could try that?
    bingo -- that works -- ran it from an xterm on the TP, got the following output

<code>
    root@TheWhiteTiger: /var/home/root# mpt diag
    {"returnValue:true"}
    Pass-through enabled for Diag
    </code>

let me know what comes next
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes please. MiniDM used to work on the Pre 2 using ipkgs from the AT&T doctor, and gave detailed GSM and UMTS configuration parameters and statistics. I've been looking for a way to get the same info on the qualcomm-based and touchpad 4g devices.

-- Rod
    I forgot my AT&T sim at work so most stuff is empty, I'll post pics in the morning, sorry for the long reply time, Halloween here in the states tonight
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbyJE View Post
    MrBuffet:

Any update from HP on when the 3.0.4 AT&T update will be released for the 4G?
    bugged them again today, no word besides "we are working on it"

I'm thinking that if we get a couple of the well connected developers to push their contacts we might get the profile server fixed (seems like that is the one that is screwed up)
    bingo -- that works -- ran it from an xterm on the TP, got the following output

<code>
    root@TheWhiteTiger: /var/home/root# mpt diag
    {"returnValue:true"}
    Pass-through enabled for Diag
    </code>

let me know what comes next
    Sorry for the delay, I'm in GMT+1 here That looks promising Can you check Device Manager to see what new devices you have? On the Veer I get something like attached (The "Generic Serial" one is what we're after ). When you have something similar, can you get the Device ID's again? I can then try to modify the Diagnostic drivers (provided by Dogbert for his phone unlocks) to include the new Device ID's so we can test if they work with the TP too.

Once the drivers are working it's quite straight forward to extract the required data from the file system that could be useful in finding an unlock method But lets take it step by step to see how far we get
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sorry for the delay, I'm in GMT+1 here That looks promising Can you check Device Manager to see what new devices you have? On the Veer I get something like attached (The "Generic Serial" one is what we're after ). When you have something similar, can you get the Device ID's again? I can then try to modify the Diagnostic drivers (provided by Dogbert for his phone unlocks) to include the new Device ID's so we can test if they work with the TP too.

Once the drivers are working it's quite straight forward to extract the required data from the file system that could be useful in finding an unlock method But lets take it step by step to see how far we get
    Got it --

Actually got 2 new devices (plus the RNDIS I already had) just like you -- first one is a generic serial as you described -- second one is called "Reduced CDC Abstract Control Model (R-ACM).

I've attached a screenie of my device manage showing all 3 device, as well as HW ID's for all 3.
    Got it --

Actually got 2 new devices (plus the RNDIS I already had) just like you -- first one is a generic serial as you described -- second one is called "Reduced CDC Abstract Control Model (R-ACM).

I've attached a screenie of my device manage showing all 3 device, as well as HW ID's for all 3.
    Thanks seems like we're moving in the right direction

I've updated Dogbert's Diag drivers for the HP Veer with the ID's for the TP 4G

Try installing this driver for the "Generic Serial" device, that's the only one we need. We don't need the other 2 devices.

[edit]
    Added drivers
    [/edit]
    Last edited by Herrie; 11/01/2011 at 10:26 AM.
    Thanks seems like we're moving in the right direction

I've updated Dogbert's Diag drivers for the HP Veer with the ID's for the TP 4G

Try installing this driver for the "Generic Serial" device, that's the only one we need. We don't need the other 2 devices.

[edit]
    Added drivers
    [/edit]
    I am now the proud owner of a "HP Touchpad 4G Serial Diagnostics Port (COM4)" -- see attached.

I'm assuming next step is to run code -- can you point me to the right placements for the unlock stuff ?
    I am now the proud owner of a "HP Touchpad 4G Serial Diagnostics Port (COM4)" -- see attached.

I'm assuming next step is to run code -- can you point me to the right placements for the unlock stuff ?
    No unlock yet, next step is to run a tool in order to extract 1 folder from the file system.

I'm just leaving the office now. I'll post instructions when I come home (should be in 30-60 minutes)
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    Hi Rod,

just popped my MiFi ATT card in the TP, and started browsing, all the submenus in the MiniDM menu are active, but all the parameters show 0 -- so unless we can modify the ipkgs to begin to report I guess we are SOL.

if you want me to post pics, let me know.

also, any chance you could push on your WebOS developer friends to fix the palm profiles so we can update to 3.0.4 -- or even better get them to push out the release? I seem to be stuck at level 2 support...
    1. Download RevSkills: http://revskills.de/downloads/revskills.zip
    2. Install RevSkills
    3. Run RevSkills
    4. Go to Menu->Hardware Forensics->Port Utils->QC + AT-Cmd (see also extract1.png)
    5. Select the Diag port (see also extract2.png)
    6. Go to DIAG-tab, enter 00 and click "Send". The output window at the bottom should give you basic info about your TP.
    7. Enter 077422BD0E010000000000000000 and click "Send" (see also extract3.png)
    8. Go to EFS-tab, select "Use subsys" and then click "Read Directories" (see also extract4.png). This might take a few mins to run.
    9. Once done, select SFS folder and select "Backup FS to ZIP" (see also extract5.png).
    10. Save the ZIP file This ZIP should be enough for someone to create a working unlock
    Last edited by Herrie; 11/01/2011 at 12:06 PM.
    TopTongueBarry likes this.
    Hi Rod,
    also, any chance you could push on your WebOS developer friends to fix the palm profiles so we can update to 3.0.4 -- or even better get them to push out the release? I seem to be stuck at level 2 support...
    Rod, while you're at it, can you ask them about the Veer 2.2.3 update as well ?
    1. Download RevSkills: http://revskills.de/downloads/revskills.zip
    2. Install RevSkills
    3. Run RevSkills
    4. Go to Menu->Hardware Forensics->Port Utils->QC + AT-Cmd (see also extract1.png)
    5. Select the Diag port (see also extract2.png)
    6. Go to DIAG-tab, enter 00 and click "Send". The output window at the bottom should give you basic info about your TP.
    7. Enter 077422BD0E010000000000000000 and click "Send" (see also extract3.png)
    8. Go to EFS-tab, select "Use subsys" and then click "Read Directories" (see also extract4.png). This might take a few mins to run.
    9. Once done, select SFS folder and select "Backup FS to ZIP" (see also extract5.png).
    10. Save the ZIP file This ZIP should be enough for someone to create a working unlock
    ok -- some amount of wierdness going on here -- followed the instructions, but the basic info is really basic (see attached), and when I get to step 8 if returns nothing, which means the zip file is empty and no data is packed (see attached)

suggestions?

Thanks,
    Peter
    ok -- some amount of wierdness going on here -- followed the instructions, but the basic info is really basic (see attached), and when I get to step 8 if returns nothing, which means the zip file is empty and no data is packed (see attached)

suggestions?

Thanks,
    Peter
    Strange, when I run "00" and click "Send" on my Veer it gives the following (see attached).

It could be that you need to disable the RNDIS and other options first in the Diag window and just only enable the Diag mode itself. It could be it will assign different ID's to your device, but I'm not 100% sure about that. Veer had MI_01 at the end of the string, yours had MI_03, which could have been triggered by the RNDIS somehow?
    Nevermind Found the answer already
    Last edited by Herrie; 11/01/2011 at 03:20 PM.
    Day 4 of no power after the snowtober storm... My touchpad 4G is definitely making this far more tolerable now that AT&T towers seem to be back up...gotta say it is a small comfort. No heat, hot water, power...gas stations are empty or rationing with long lines...my fish are dying from the 40 degrees Fahrenheit temp in my apartment...my work is on backup generators, which they had to siphon diesel from the shipping trucks to keep running...winter came early in New England..
    Palm Centro -> Palm Pre- -> HTC Evo 3D SPRINT
    iPhone 3G -> HP Veer Black -> HP Veer White AT&T
    Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer Black -> HP Pre 3 (UK - Unlocked 8gb) AT&T
    HP Pre 3 (US - AT&T 16gb)
    HP TouchPad Black 1.2GHz 32GB
    HP TouchPad White 1.5GHz 64GB
    HP TouchPad Black 1.5GHz 32GB AT&T

(You have no idea what I would do to get a TouchPad Go)

Obviously I have a problem (see above). . .
    And it has nothing to do with more cowbell. . .
    TopTongueBarry likes this.
    Strange, when I run "00" and click "Send" on my Veer it gives the following (see attached).

It could be that you need to disable the RNDIS and other options first in the Diag window and just only enable the Diag mode itself. It could be it will assign different ID's to your device, but I'm not 100% sure about that. Veer had MI_01 at the end of the string, yours had MI_03, which could have been triggered by the RNDIS somehow?
    you are correct -- one I disabled the "Use USBNet" option on the TP, the generic serial now shows up ending in MI_01 -- see attached screens -- can you please re-modify Dogbert's driver, so I can install that and hopefully run revskills again?
    Last edited by MrBuffet; 11/02/2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: wrong information
    you are correct -- one I disabled the "Use USBNet" option on the TP, the generic serial now shows up ending in MI_01 -- see attached screens -- can you please re-modify Dogbert's driver, so I can install that and hopefully run revskills again?
    Looks better now Other PID's were ending in 3 and MI in 01 and now these are too

Try these updated drivers
    Looks better now Other PID's were ending in 3 and MI in 01 and now these are too

Try these updated drivers
    thanks for the drivers -- installed them and everything is working.

Just to re-cap here is what I have done so far

On the Windows host;

I have installed the pass-through drivers (v2)
    I have installed RevSkills

On the TP:

I have the TP in Developer mode
    I have executed the 'mpt diag' command to put the TP into diag mode
    I have accessed the #*usbpass#, and in there I have
    - set USBNet disabled (to avoid the RNDIS device showing up)
    - set Serial 2 Net enabled

Results;
    I have 2 devices in my device manager; the Generic Serial (now called HP TP 4G Serial Diag) and the R-ACM

now, I'm running RevSkills based on your recipe, and it is still turning out the same output (or lack thereoff). I'm getting the same out of the fields from running the "00" command as I did before, the "077422BD0E010000000000000000" command returns the same as well, and I'm getting nothing out of the EFS tab.

any idea what we are missing here?
    any idea what we are missing here?
    All steps look OK to me, you might try with "Serial 2 Net" set to disabled. I think you don't need Diag mode switch when you run mpt diag?

Sending 00 should send basic info back to you at least normally...
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 19 ... LastLast