it download as a .zip, but if you just rename it into a .jar file everything works out fine.
I just doctored mine, using these instructions;
1. Back up your HP webOS Account data. Open Backup . Then tap Back up now.
2. Connect the USB cable to the AC charger, and plug the AC charger into a working outlet. Do not connect it to your device yet.
3. Open Device Info .
4. Tap Reset Options, and then tap Shut Down.
5. Press and hold the volume up button.
6. Now connect the USB cable to the device while still holding the volume up button.
7. Release the volume up button when the large USB icon appears.
Now your device is in USB Update mode.
Everything seems to be correct, though it took *forever* to boot the first time, this seems to be because I did not have a activated SIM card in it, and I had to wait until it timed out and allowed me to select Wi-Fi at which point it continued the setup.
I then had to do all the profile stuff again, and oddly enough it refused to restore my data, but that might just be a glitch.
anyway -- I'm now staring at a webos 3.0.4 in the device info, and the new camara app is there, as is the AT&T communication manager, so everything seems to be legit