Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647
Like Tree81Likes
    Has anyone been able to use the 4G with another carrier?
    Has anyone been able to use 4G with another carrier?
    Quote Originally Posted by inspire_tek View Post
    If you mean a carrier other than AT&T.... yes.
    Touchpad 4G 32gb | Pre 3 16gb | Veer 8gb
    After you remove the AT&T carrier lock you can use it with all GSM carriers on the supported frequency bands. There are people (myself included) which replaced the Ericsson module with a Sierra MC7700/MC7710 for proper 4G speeds ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    After you remove the AT&T carrier lock you can use it with all GSM carriers on the supported frequency bands. There are people (myself included) which replaced the Ericsson module with a Sierra MC7700/MC7710 for proper 4G speeds ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    That's really interesting. If only you could write an article about it.

...oh, wait!
    The search for real 4G on the TouchPad | pivotCE
    Finally received my membership to this club yesterday. Don't see myself trying to crack it open and install an LTE modem in this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Finally received my membership to this club yesterday. Don't see myself trying to crack it open and install an LTE modem in this one.
    I finally did install the LTE (7710 that is) in my 4G. Everything works, and nothing cracked
    Nothing cracked eh? Nice job. They're a bear to get apart - at least the first time you do it.
    Hi. I've been using my 4G mostly as an android device but it seems like it has reached a dead end. I am looking forward to go back to WebOS, but I lost track of the changes and it seems like there is too mucho to read.

Where should I start? What is the startus right now? Last I remember LuneOS and all that just worked for non-4G touchpads, but I read today something that seemed to imply that they work for the 4G too.

Thanks for the update!
    Hi. I've been using my 4G mostly as an android device but it seems like it has reached a dead end. I am looking forward to go back to WebOS, but I lost track of the changes and it seems like there is too mucho to read.

Where should I start? What is the startus right now? Last I remember LuneOS and all that just worked for non-4G touchpads, but I read today something that seemed to imply that they work for the 4G too.

Thanks for the update!
    LuneOS works on the 4G Touchpad just the data part via SIM has some issues. Wifi & rest work fine. We're currently upgrading the build for Touchpad. The data part might be fixed too.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Mutoidi likes this.
    I'm curious what you mean that it's reached a dead end, since Android 7.x seems to be available?
    I'm also curious to try luneOS tho!
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    Quote Originally Posted by sanaking View Post
    I'm curious what you mean that it's reached a dead end, since Android 7.x seems to be available?
    I'm also curious to try luneOS tho!
    How do you get Android 7 on the 4G with full wifi and 3G functionality? I have never heard of it.
    The latest working android firmware that I know of is CM11-MBM-L-20141102-4g-beta6_3.0-tenderloin.
    i haven't installed any yet, but i see an evervolv version of android 7 when i do a search online (yes, with 4g+wifi support)
    Last edited by sanaking; 07/22/2017 at 05:26 PM. Reason: clarifying
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    Anyone who still can unlock 4G Touchpads? I sent an email to ceejayr but no reply it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Anyone who still can unlock 4G Touchpads? I sent an email to ceejayr but no reply it seems.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't dogberts work for the TouchPad too??
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't dogberts work for the TouchPad too??
    I don't think so, but I could give it a go I guess. I suspect the lock is on the Ericsson card itself. Swapping it for an unlocked one might work too, but not sure really.
    I have once but long time don't turn on, now it can not turn on.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanaking View Post
    i haven't installed any yet, but i see an evervolv version of android 7 when i do a search online (yes, with 4g+wifi support)
    Running evervol for a couple of weeks now on my TP (unmodified) with 3g and wifi, no problems other than reduced battery life. This is caused mainly as you have to overclock it (to 1.7Ghz at least) to still get some usable performance out of it from my experience.

Looking forward to get LuneOS one day working on it.
    Which evervolv? I thought each of their subsequent major android revision releases got worse for use each time. That's why I stick with kitkat. Just as functional but way more ram and processor friendly.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Which evervolv? I thought each of their subsequent major android revision releases got worse for use each time. That's why I stick with kitkat. Just as functional but way more ram and processor friendly.
    This one: Evervolv | tenderloin4g
    And throwing this to overclock: https://forum.xda-developers.com/hp-...rvolv-t3513534

I agree that the Kitkat version is still the most Touchpad friendly version looking at performance and stability. However if are keen to make the next step and a bit adventerous the Evervolv with SKZ overclock kernel (check for the right tweaks in the thread as it makes a huge difference) is worth trying.
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647