Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647
Like Tree80Likes
    Has anyone been able to use the 4G with another carrier?
    Has anyone been able to use 4G with another carrier?
    Quote Originally Posted by inspire_tek View Post
    If you mean a carrier other than AT&T.... yes.
    Touchpad 4G 32gb | Pre 3 16gb | Veer 8gb
    After you remove the AT&T carrier lock you can use it with all GSM carriers on the supported frequency bands. There are people (myself included) which replaced the Ericsson module with a Sierra MC7700/MC7710 for proper 4G speeds ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    After you remove the AT&T carrier lock you can use it with all GSM carriers on the supported frequency bands. There are people (myself included) which replaced the Ericsson module with a Sierra MC7700/MC7710 for proper 4G speeds ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    That's really interesting. If only you could write an article about it.

...oh, wait!
    The search for real 4G on the TouchPad | pivotCE
    Finally received my membership to this club yesterday. Don't see myself trying to crack it open and install an LTE modem in this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Finally received my membership to this club yesterday. Don't see myself trying to crack it open and install an LTE modem in this one.
    I finally did install the LTE (7710 that is) in my 4G. Everything works, and nothing cracked
    Nothing cracked eh? Nice job. They're a bear to get apart - at least the first time you do it.