Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647 LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 933
Like Tree81Likes
  1. #901  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Only got a 0,5GB dataplan on my Pre3 and 10GB on the TP, is it possible to get Mobile Hotspot on the TP to make more use of the data included?
    Not in webOS to my knowledge, does work in my current test build of Android (CM10) for the TP 4G. Link here: Android on 4G TouchPad

    John
  2. #902  
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbyJE View Post
    Not in webOS to my knowledge, does work in my current test build of Android (CM10) for the TP 4G. Link here: Android on 4G TouchPad

    John
    You can use FreeTether from Preware to share your connection from your TP. It's a phone app but works on my TP4G and Go as well!
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  3. #903  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    You can use FreeTether from Preware to share your connection from your TP. It's a phone app but works on my TP4G and Go as well!
    that's what i use sometimes. note of caution though, once you start freethether on your touchpad, you can't turn it off without restarting the touchpad. maybe there is another way, but i restart so often to go between cyanogen and webos, it doesn't really matter.
  4. #904  
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    I thought I'd start a thread for us 4G TouchPad owners. We need a repository for tips and tricks, nuances of living a 4G TP life, and what its like having a real SIM stuck in your slot. It's lonely on the forum when you're riding a Unicorn.

    I'll start it up in my next post.
    My Touchpad 4G has been deleted from my Palm profile!

    When I tried to use Doctor on my 4G in order to reset it prior to installing the new ACL the download of drivers failed (I use Mac OSX 10.9.1). I followed the Phoenix advice to use a Full Reset from the Device Info app.

    Following this the reinstallation of my Palm Profile backup failed with the message "Server Error. Please visit: http://hpwebos.com/support" I could not get any sense from this site so I went back to my Palm Profile.

    Panic - my 4G profile had been deleted from my device list.

    Anyone know:
    1. Can I get the 4G profile back and if so how?
    2. Assuming I can get it back how can I restore my Palm backup on my MacBook Pro with OSX 10.9.1 or do I have to go to a system with an older OS on it?
    3. If I cannot retrieve my 4G profile do I have to re-add it to my profile before I can use it again or do I install my Touchpad WiFi backup on it? What are the dangers of doing that?
    4. Any other suggestions

    Thanks
  5. #905  
    This may well happen to us all if HP decide to stop supporting the profiles!!!

    We need an alternative robust solution.
  6. Gwidion's Avatar
    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    #906  
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesvickers View Post
    Anyone know:
    1. Can I get the 4G profile back and if so how?
    2. Assuming I can get it back how can I restore my Palm backup on my MacBook Pro with OSX 10.9.1 or do I have to go to a system with an older OS on it?
    3. If I cannot retrieve my 4G profile do I have to re-add it to my profile before I can use it again or do I install my Touchpad WiFi backup on it? What are the dangers of doing that?
    4. Any other suggestions

    Thanks
    ad 1) Not sure, try to log in your profile via GSM not via wifi. sometimes it functioning better then wifi, dunno why, but it can help.

    ad 2) dunno, but I think it is not important, which MAcOS you`re running

    ad 3) yes, in case you have lost the special 4g profile you have to use another backup for it.

    ad4) try activiation via GSM/4G perhaps it function better
  7. #907  
    joining the TP4G group finally... had a regular 32GB TP, and still do but with the missus starting up a business I figured having a 4G variant and ACL would be a nice addition to the webOS devices around the house (3 pre-, 2 veers, a pixi, and a TP 32GB).... now if we could just get Derek, or anybody at that rate, to start putting out some new articles and news
  8. #908  
    Quote Originally Posted by ceejayr View Post
    i still do network unlocks (for a small fee) on the tp4g if anyone needs em. =)
    Hi:
    I just biught a TP 4G and would like to get it unlocked. How do we proceed?

    Thanks
  9. #909  
    You can PM CeejayR and he can help you!

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  10. #910  
    Quote Originally Posted by alansp View Post
    Hi:
    I just biught a TP 4G and would like to get it unlocked. How do we proceed?

    Thanks
    I started to PM him, but then tried it and realized.. it's already unlocked! So you should check that too!

    If you try to get in on the TMobile free plan, tell them it's ANYTHING except a HP product, they told me they have some deal with HP where they can't give that plan to any HP products except those that are specifically specified by HP..
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
  11. borsheck's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #911  
    I need some help, I just received a brand new HP TouchPAD 4G ATT unit, and was in the process of installing LuneOS, and managed to screw it up. I attempted to use the webOS Doctor webosdoctorp305hstnhatt, but it just displays the HP logo and goes into a boot loop.

    Does anyone have the actual webOS Doctor for the HP P/N: FB354UA#ABA - HSTNH-i30C ???

    This is a HP TouchPAD 4G AT&T unlocked 32GB

    Please help!!!

    Thanks in Advance,

    Will Q.
  12. #912  
    Quote Originally Posted by borsheck View Post
    Please help!!!
    borsheck:

    See my response in the 'unlocked' thread for WebOS Doctor links. If you already have the right one, you should try using TPToolBox to completely rebuild your system.

    For the TP 4G you need to use v4.1 here: Touchpad Toolbox v41 - Post #293 - XDA Forums

    Then read all the instructions in the first posts in that thread.
    Android for the HP TouchPad 4G

    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10 ~ TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM11
    TP 32Gb 4G (Sierra). 3.0.5 / CM10 ~ TP 32Gb WiFi. 3.0.5 / CM10

  13. #913  
    Quote Originally Posted by borsheck View Post
    Does anyone have the actual webOS Doctor for the HP P/N: FB354UA#ABA - HSTNH-i30C ???
    Now that the palm servers are down, I put a link to WebOS Doctor 3.0.5 AT&T for the HP TouchPad 4G on my support site (link in signature).
    Android for the HP TouchPad 4G

    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10 ~ TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM11
    TP 32Gb 4G (Sierra). 3.0.5 / CM10 ~ TP 32Gb WiFi. 3.0.5 / CM10

  14. #914  
    Hey folks,

    I finally managed to get my hands on a HP Touchpad 4G unit by AT&T. Sadly it came locked and the unlock code is not working. Also AT&T cant seem to find my unit as it never been activated and HP, well they hook up the phone after 20 min.

    Does anyone know how to unlock the little diamond of mine?

    Thanks a lot!

    This is how im using my TP WIFI currently:
  15. #915  
    CeejayR here on the forum could provide codes in the past for a small fee :-)

    -- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  16. #916  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    CeejayR here on the forum could provide codes in the past for a small fee :-)

    -- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities

    Yes I found out the options. Thought the person who I bought it from provided me with a working code. Otherwise I would have swapped the Ericsson card. So soon I will have Google maps navi and a hotspot working in the card .

    Anyways thanks for the reply!
  17. #917  
    Got my new 4G TP. i also have a WiFi TP. When I set up my palm account, I had following problems. Came up with following. It tried to set up with ATT data network. Since I do not yet have it on ATT, it finally realized that it was not going to set up that way and asked me how I wanted to go, I picked WI Fi and continued to set up machine with WiFi. It asked did I want to use my Pre 3 phone or my wifi TP. I chose TP as I wanted the Apps that were on the tablet. It loaded and then had the yellow triangle problem. After many false starts to solve this problem, I finally realized I was using a July 2014 date instead of a recommended 2013 date. Then the app catalogue became usable and I then I downloaded all the apps that had yellow triangle. Still have some questions. I still have not set up my ATT account, but instructions tell me to go to the ATT application on the screen and set it up. I have no ATT application on screen. Did I cause it to disappear because I used my other WiFi account to set up with? Or since this is unlocked does this remove the ATT App? The system shows the number of the Sim card and there is ATT info through various locations. I have not set up mainly because I was looking at possibly using a card from another source. Need your expertise.
    Another concern a couple of Apps that were on the WiFi TP do not work on the 4G. The Glyder App just comes up with Lines of multiple colors which change direction and color but no operation.
    Last edited by docsdad; 12/18/2014 at 08:01 AM.
  18. #918  
    Happy Holidays everyone, I am still around for any 4G unlocking, i'm better reached through email though... my username at gmail.com, sent responses to inquiries.
    Touchpad 4G 32gb | Pre 3 16gb | Veer 8gb
  19. #919  
    Quote Originally Posted by docsdad View Post
    Got my new 4G TP. i also have a WiFi TP. When I set up my palm account, I had following problems. Came up with following. It tried to set up with ATT data network. Since I do not yet have it on ATT, it finally realized that it was not going to set up that way and asked me how I wanted to go, I picked WI Fi and continued to set up machine with WiFi. It asked did I want to use my Pre 3 phone or my wifi TP. I chose TP as I wanted the Apps that were on the tablet. It loaded and then had the yellow triangle problem. After many false starts to solve this problem, I finally realized I was using a July 2014 date instead of a recommended 2013 date. Then the app catalogue became usable and I then I downloaded all the apps that had yellow triangle. Still have some questions. I still have not set up my ATT account, but instructions tell me to go to the ATT application on the screen and set it up. I have no ATT application on screen. Did I cause it to disappear because I used my other WiFi account to set up with? Or since this is unlocked does this remove the ATT App? The system shows the number of the Sim card and there is ATT info through various locations. I have not set up mainly because I was looking at possibly using a card from another source. Need your expertise.
    Another concern a couple of Apps that were on the WiFi TP do not work on the 4G. The Glyder App just comes up with Lines of multiple colors which change direction and color but no operation.
    docsad: If you don't have the AT&T app, you should be able to extract it from the Doctor file. I'll poke around in there to verify. I can't remember for sure how I set mine up initially but I think I used the AT&T website.
  20. #920  
    I'm sorry it took so long to look into this. The app that let's you track usage on an AT& T plan is 'com.palm.app.smartcom.acmthinclient' which is in the doctor file @ \resources\att.tar\com.palm.app.smartcom.acmthinclient_1.0-46_all.ipk. But to activate my tablet on a prepaid plan, I went to AT&T's website:https://buyasession.att.com/sbd/ShowLogin.action.

    I haven't had the tablet activated for a while but I just noticed that Straight Talk is selling plans for tablets - it seems like they weren't doing that before (maybe I missed it). Out of curiosity, is anyone using (or is it possible) to use a Straight Talk Sim with an AT&T locked device? Their website kind of implies that it works just fine. Their pricing is much more reasonable than AT&T's prepaid data.

Posting Permissions