Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poehoes View Post
    Hi,

I'm wondering if i can install UberKernel? Not because of the speed, but i'd like the support of NFS and CIFS.
    Or is there some other patch for that?
    As far as I know you can install Uberkernel without any problems.
    I installed Uberkernel on day one (i.e. two weeks ago ) without any issue.
    Thank you very much, UK works. I had installed Nelsun Network drives and now i can access my shares (and backups from save-restore from my other Touchpad!).

I noticed that there is no overclocking higher than 1,5 Ghz. Is that right? Hoped i could squeeze more out of this tablet
    Hi all,

while talking about the Uberkernel: I have a question.
    I installed govnah and uberkernel, but when I select the Uberkernel default as a profile, it always goes straight back to Unknown.
    Am I doing something wrong or am I missing something here?

On my Preł it also jumps back to Unknown sometimes, but when I select the UK profile again, it gets shown.

Regards
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    Quote Originally Posted by wideeyed85 View Post
    just picked up a new 32gb 4g to augment my 16gb WiFi model, but no att sim I put in initializes nor connects, and while connected to WiFi won't allow apps to download or update out of the catalog, well, won't install anyway, I know the communication manager won't launch in lunaCE, so its stock, any tip/tricks/ideas would be greatly appreciated
    For wideeyed 85 and kayphoonstar:

Here's a link to the post for fixing the AT&T Communicator to work in LunaCE.

4G TouchPad Owners Lounge

I just did this and it worked for me. Hope it works for you.
    Thanks krotech, I changed the appid the other day, never thought it would be so simple, still can't get it to connect with my ATT SIM though, honestly haven't really spent much time looking, appreciate the follow up

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    Palm treo 700w wm5 (sprint), Palm treo 800w wm6.1(sprint), Palm treo pro wm 6.5.3 (sprint), Palm pre webOS 2.1(sprint), Palm pixi webOS 1.4.5 (sprint), Htc arrive wp nodo (sprint), Nokia lumia 900 wp 7.8 (ATT), Hp touchpad w/ LunaCE 4.9.10, Hp pre3 2.2.4 (ATT-unlocked)
    I for some reason cant activate mine do i need an att sim
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
    i got rid of the att-sim (can't use it in europe), put in my own providers' and it worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
    I remember someone mentioning that the SIM card which came with the TP 4G were an older style and didn't always work, or quit working for some people. I'd go find it but I'm busier today. Sorry. Point is, maybe a new SIM might work if the one that came with your TP doesn't.

Also, your TP may or may not be unlocked. If you put in a SIM card from some other carrier and their carrier string and data network symbol come up without a dialog box asking for an unlock code, then your modem is unlocked and you can use it with that carrier (and a lot of others, depending on network and frequencies).

My problem right now is that AT&T gives me data, takes my money, and has no account for me to sign in to at their website. The system can't find me. Kind of frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by krotech View Post
    I remember someone mentioning that the SIM card which came with the TP 4G were an older style and didn't always work, or quit working for some people. I'd go find it but I'm busier today. Sorry. Point is, maybe a new SIM might work if the one that came with your TP doesn't.

Also, your TP may or may not be unlocked. If you put in a SIM card from some other carrier and their carrier string and data network symbol come up without a dialog box asking for an unlock code, then your modem is unlocked and you can use it with that carrier (and a lot of others, depending on network and frequencies).

My problem right now is that AT&T gives me data, takes my money, and has no account for me to sign in to at their website. The system can't find me. Kind of frustrating.

pretty much the same here, I've tried the sim out of my 920 which is a micro SIM, but have an adapter I use with my pre3 so it should work as an alternate SIM for tp4g, tried the standard SIM from my wife's BlackBerry to no effect. From what I've read previously, the only other thing that will work is if I sign out of my profile and sign in using the wireless modem compared to WiFi, it should activate and use the fauxG data signal instead of showing me my SIM info, phone # and sitting at the proverbial loading screen, if I understood that correctly

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    Palm treo 700w wm5 (sprint), Palm treo 800w wm6.1(sprint), Palm treo pro wm 6.5.3 (sprint), Palm pre webOS 2.1(sprint), Palm pixi webOS 1.4.5 (sprint), Htc arrive wp nodo (sprint), Nokia lumia 900 wp 7.8 (ATT), Hp touchpad w/ LunaCE 4.9.10, Hp pre3 2.2.4 (ATT-unlocked)
    i still do network unlocks (for a small fee) on the tp4g if anyone needs em. =)
    Touchpad 4G 32gb | Pre 3 16gb | Veer 8gb
    Quote Originally Posted by ceejayr View Post
    i still do network unlocks (for a small fee) on the tp4g if anyone needs em. =)
    You still have 4G's for sale as well? If yes for what price?
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    You still have 4G's for sale as well? If yes for what price?
    I'm all out (4G's, Pre3's and Veers)... all thats left are for "personal consumption"
    Touchpad 4G 32gb | Pre 3 16gb | Veer 8gb
    I'm all out (4G's, Pre3's and Veers)... all thats left are for "personal consumption"
    Ok was worth the ask. Should have a 64GB 4G coming from China soon hopefully but would be good to have a backup source for a regular 32GB 4G. They still are on eBay :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Ok was worth the ask. Should have a 64GB 4G coming from China soon hopefully but would be good to have a backup source for a regular 32GB 4G. They still are on eBay :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    64GB 4G!? Where are you sourcing that from?
    Developer of FeedSpider - The best webOS newsreader, supporting AOL Reader, BazQux Reader, Feedly, InoReader, OwnCloud News, Tiny Tiny RSS, and The Old Reader, with more to come.
    TaoBao My colleague from China is supposed to bring it next week

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Should have a 64GB 4G coming from China soon...
    That's not a regular unit. As far as I've seen, a 64GB TouchPad Go and a 64GB TouchPad 4G were not planned by HP.
    Edit: corrected for language issues ;-)
    Last edited by Gwidion; 01/21/2014 at 01:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    That's not a regular unit. As far as I've seen, a 64GB TouchPad Go and a 64GB TouchPad 4G are not planned by HP.
    That doesn't mean they don't exist though!

As with HP's other 'plans' ~ We know how little we can rely upon them, don't we!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    That's not a regular unit. As far as I've seen, a 64GB TouchPad Go and a 64GB TouchPad 4G are not planned by HP.
    I am 100% sure HP has no plans for any more Touchpads. Can I assume you meant 'were' not planned?
    Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Only got a 0,5GB dataplan on my Pre3 and 10GB on the TP, is it possible to get Mobile Hotspot on the TP to make more use of the data included?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G