Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I assume you attempted to re-calibrate the Digitizer (original), the TouchChips board needs a new re-calibration every once in a while...

I detail this in getting Touchpad's and Touchpad Go's digitizer fixed in this thread...

Owners of Both Pre Plus & Pre 3
    And how do you advise one re-calibrate the Digitizer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
    And how do you advise one re-calibrate the Digitizer?
    Startup Calibration - Touchpad

Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    There are many ways to calibrate the Digitizer, using PmTpUpdater -c this might force an firmware update as well...

If you just want to calibrate the Digitizer using catnip use the following commands (in novaterm):
    stop hidd
    catnip resume
    catnip --i2c-only cal -s 64
    catnip suspend
    start hidd

This will fix the I tapped here but the ripple showed there...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 10/28/2013 at 02:17 PM.
    Seems like I got my Sierra MC7710 working finally thanks to some suggestions from NewbyJE and me patching 2 binaries based on his suggestions. So good news for all people in Europe who want to upgrade their Ericsson module :-) I'll try to put together a patch and put it here and on Preware.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    renater likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Seems like I got my Sierra MC7710 working finally thanks to some suggestions from NewbyJE and me patching 2 binaries based on his suggestions. So good news for all people in Europe who want to upgrade their Ericsson module :-) I'll try to put together a patch and put it here and on Preware.

Did you buy the module directly from USA? Did you replace it yourself? I'm very interested but not brave enough to open up my nicely sealed and crack protected Touchpad. Still keen to hear some experiences. Real 4g speed on provider KPN?
    MC 7710 can be bought from eBay and various webshops in Europe but it's not cheap (EUR 150,- or so). There seems to be a Fujitsu variant around as well for around EUR 100 but didn't try that one yet. Opening is not easy (see guide on iFixit) and is likely to break quite some of the clips holding the screen. Replacing the module is just unscrewing 2 screws, disconnect antennas, take out Ericsson module, replace with Sierra MC7710 and reconnect everything again.

I have no proper 4G simcard yet, but should have a Vodafone NL one in a week or so when new Red subscription for my wife starts with a free tablet sim card :-) I do get signal bars and can confirm 3G is working on Vodafone NL with the patched files and also GPS is in diagnostics app (these 3 weren't working before with unpatched files!)

Last edited by Herrie; 11/04/2013 at 04:56 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Hi all,

I am now a proud member of the TP 4G owners!
    Got the device yesterday and I am writing this using it

I am sure, I will have some questions eventually, but so far everything runs really smooth and easy.

Regards,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Welcome in our club :-)
    just picked up a new 32gb 4g to augment my 16gb WiFi model, but no att sim I put in initializes nor connects, and while connected to WiFi won't allow apps to download or update out of the catalog, well, won't install anyway, I know the communication manager won't launch in lunaCE, so its stock, any tip/tricks/ideas would be greatly appreciated
    Palm treo 700w wm5 (sprint), Palm treo 800w wm6.1(sprint), Palm treo pro wm 6.5.3 (sprint), Palm pre webOS 2.1(sprint), Palm pixi webOS 1.4.5 (sprint), Htc arrive wp nodo (sprint), Nokia lumia 900 wp 7.8 (ATT), Hp touchpad w/ LunaCE 4.9.10, Hp pre3 2.2.4 (ATT-unlocked)
    Quote Originally Posted by wideeyed85 View Post
    just picked up a new 32gb 4g to augment my 16gb WiFi model, but no att sim I put in initializes nor connects, and while connected to WiFi won't allow apps to download or update out of the catalog, well, won't install anyway, I know the communication manager won't launch in lunaCE, so its stock, any tip/tricks/ideas would be greatly appreciated
    Hi,
    check the version of you app catalog. If it is not 5.0.3500 you need to follow the procedures to update it in order to get the new certificates. See http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ht=certificate

This worked without problems on my TP with 3.0.1 on it as well as the OTA update to 3.0.5 later.

As for the Sim, I have no idea, sorry mine worked right away.

Regards,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    Yes it has been updated to the new certificate, I had to roll the day back to July 22nd when I initially received it, because it wouldn't load the profile from the 16gb, I'll double check to verify, maybe I missed it

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    Palm treo 700w wm5 (sprint), Palm treo 800w wm6.1(sprint), Palm treo pro wm 6.5.3 (sprint), Palm pre webOS 2.1(sprint), Palm pixi webOS 1.4.5 (sprint), Htc arrive wp nodo (sprint), Nokia lumia 900 wp 7.8 (ATT), Hp touchpad w/ LunaCE 4.9.10, Hp pre3 2.2.4 (ATT-unlocked)
    Very interesting I rolled back the date to July 22nd, reinstalled the cert. update, it was already at the version # previously specified, initially failed to install, restarted, installed this time, rolled the date back to todays date, nothing would install, restarted again, an app I purchased installed, apps updated, but if I didn't have the cert. update previously would my profile have not loaded properly and backups been possible ? Either way, thanks for the help, all it takes sometimes is an outside point of view when common sense eludes you lol

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    All I just wanted to let you know that thanks to the hints from NewbyJE I was able to get the Sierra MC7710 working correctly in webOS 3.0.x! This means that people from outside the US can now also enjoy proper 4G using the Sierra MC7710 instead of FauxG offered by the Ericsson card!

2 files need to be patched in order to get this working. I created a patch for this which can be found here: [Patch] Sierra MC7710 support on webOS 3.0.x
    Gwidion likes this.
    Global Posts
    941 Global Posts
    Im getting a sound bug daily now were the speakers makes a distorted sound. A restart will fix it for a while but is this a common problem on the 4G and is there any fix for it? My wifi Touchpad never had this.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Im getting a sound bug daily now were the speakers makes a distorted sound. A restart will fix it for a while but is this a common problem on the 4G and is there any fix for it? My wifi Touchpad never had this.
    Actually common for all Touchpads, wifi more in my case compared to 4G one. You could turn off the screen for 10 seconds and quite often it will work normally again. There's also an app in Preware called PulseAudio restarter that might do the trick.

scjjtt likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Actually common for all Touchpads, wifi more in my case compared to 4G one. You could turn off the screen for 10 seconds and quite often it will work normally again. There's also an app in Preware called PulseAudio restarter that might do the trick.

Totally agree with Herrie here, I suffered from the sound bug for months before realising just turning the screen off for 10 seconds plus will reset the driver (i assume?!? ) fixes the problem. I can honestly say I havent had to reboot to fix this issue in over a year and I use my TP daily.

Pule audio restarter rarely worked for me, so I'd try the screen off trick first
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Mutoidi likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by wideeyed85 View Post
    Just a couple of things:

1. Are you sure, after you put in the sim card, that you enable "data"? Tthere are a couple of preware apps that allow you to toggle data on and off.

2. There is a way to use the communication manager with lunaCE. . . but I can't remember how I did it or where I found the fix/alteration. . . exactly. Maybe someone else can point you to a link. If I'm remembering correctly, it was just a small alteration in a bit of the CM code. . .

Good luck!
    Hi,

As i already stated here (because of some problems installing) i'm very happy with my 4G TP. So i read thru all previous posts (costed me 2 days...) and must say im impressed with the work that has been done!

Bought mine brand new on Ebay and put in my dutch t-mobile sim-card. And it was unlocked! Lucky me :-) But only got access to the website of t-mobile. Had to edit the network-settings to make it work (very strange because the old settings were from the sim and worked on my pre2).

I will tweak further after X-mas, because i miss the luna enhancements i have on my wifi-TP...

Thanks to U all!
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ceejayr View Post
    Hear ye! Hear ye! I still provide TP unlock codes for a small fee for those who need it.
    Ceejayr,

If you still offer unlock codes for the TP, I need your help.
    Hey folks!
    I don't see another spot, so hope this is the optimal location for this posting!
    In brief: Anyone done this? In length..:
    So I just decided to start playing with a fauxG touchpad due to the T-Mobile "free data for tablets for life" promotion. I get the data to work, but the next time I use the tablet, it's not working. I've changed SIMs, gone to the store, multiple phone supports, and finally someone tells me definitively today that my device is not supported because HP has a deal with T-Mobile to not allow the plan on any of their other tablets. Who knows whether that rationale is real or not, but really, I am just posting to see if there is anyone that has gotten the T-Mobile free data plan to work on their TP4G. If they do maybe I just need to get TMo to relabel it as a different device, or worst case get another one..
    If not, how about with that new 4G/LTE module?
    If not, then I guess I have to decide between an ATT SIM or another 4g/lte tablet..
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    Hi,

I'm wondering if i can install UberKernel? Not because of the speed, but i'd like the support of NFS and CIFS.
    Or is there some other patch for that?