Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 940
Like Tree81Likes
  1. #841  
    Quote Originally Posted by brizmontay View Post
    It was a car charger with multiple voltges

    That is very 'unfortunate' for you - particularly perhaps, as the TP has neither a reciprocating piston engine, nor even multiple wheels!

    At least an official HP wall Charger was not at fault in this instance...

    Please let us know how you progress anyway.


    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  2. #842  
    Hello everyone,

    I just got my Touchpad 4G as well ! Is pretty amazing and with preware it gets only better! Only bad thing is that 4G connection is locked to AT&T which is dissapointing. Can someone help me with this ?

    Regards,
    Dimitris
  3. #843  
    There is evidence of an 'unlock' service provided by member 'ceejay' earlier in this thread I believe.

    He Da Man!


    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  4. #844  
    Hi to all of you who have been patiently waiting:

    New builds of CM9 and CM10 for the HP TouchPad 4G are available here: Android on 4G TouchPad..

    John
    Gwidion, jbates, denom and 2 others like this.
  5. #845  
    Hear ye! Hear ye! I still provide TP unlock codes for a small fee for those who need it.
    Touchpad 4G 32gb | Pre 3 16gb | Veer 8gb
    denom and helge_karl like this.
  6. #846  
    Only GSM networks right?
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  7. #847  
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmorford View Post
    Only GSM networks right?
    GSM, 3G, and 4G (3.5G to be more precise)... I offer unlocks for carrier-locked (AT&T) HP Touchpad 4G.
    Touchpad 4G 32gb | Pre 3 16gb | Veer 8gb
  8. #848  
    Got a new TP4G off eBay for a friend, battery was empty, but got charging quickly and booting into webOS in 15-20 minutes. $215,- for an unlocked BNIB TP4G is still a very good deal. I tried to find better/similar hardware but it's impossible to find for that price!
    cbosdell likes this.
  9. #849  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    There is evidence of an 'unlock' service provided by member 'ceejay' earlier in this thread I believe.

    He Da Man!

    Thanks to ceejar for his code that helped me unlock it within minutes.

    Herrie I got also mine for $200 with two cases (the folding one and the etui) , touchstone and screen protector. I think was very good deal.
  10. #850  
    That's an even better deal!

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  11. #851  
    Quote Originally Posted by ceejayr View Post
    GSM, 3G, and 4G (3.5G to be more precise)... I offer unlocks for carrier-locked (AT&T) HP Touchpad 4G.
    I have sent you a PM and I would really appreciate any help
    Vas
  12. #852  
    I have an unlock code for my Touchpad 4G but can not find instructions on how to use the code to unlock my 4G Touchpad. Can someone please help with providing instructions or let me know where to find them?
    Last edited by alan1717; 10/03/2013 at 03:06 PM.
  13. #853  
    Quote Originally Posted by denom View Post
    Thanks to ceejar for his code that helped me unlock it within minutes.

    Herrie I got also mine for $200 with two cases (the folding one and the etui) , touchstone and screen protector. I think was very good deal.
    Just got mine unlocked from ceejayr as well. Quick turnaround and worked first time
    ceejayr likes this.
  14. #854  
    Several months ago the top inch or so of my touchscreen stopped working, & even more annoying, would sometimes start giving a bunch of false touches in the left side of the bad area. I've been living with it, and occasionally it would work find for a few days.

    Today I finally got up enough nerve to replace the digitizer screen.

    I removed the old screen, then before I double sided taped the new screen down I tested the new screen
    by laying it on top of the plastic surround & connecting the LCE & digitizer screen flat cables.

    #@$!@% The new digitizer screen acted just like the old one!!!

    Made sure the digitizer flat cables were fully & sqarely inserted in their connectors & tried again: No change

    Removed the TouchController card & replaced it with another one from a 32G touchpad I'd bought for parts & to practice replacing the digitizer screen.

    Reassembled enough to do a test, this time the digitizer works properly!!

    FIXED THE PROBLEM!!!

    However, now I had a NEW PROBLEM: 4G CARD WAS FOIL WRAPPED!!!

    The 4G touchpad's TouchController was wrapped with adhesive backed foil shielding, while the 32G card was unshielded (see attached pictures). I'm guessing that the shielding was to keep the 4G's cellular signals from interfering with the digitizer card.

    Lifting some of the foil shield revealed that the 4G card was conformal coated, while the 32G card was not. Presumably the conformal coating is to prevent the foil from touching signal runs.

    So I needed to add a shield to the replacement card and use something in lieu of the conformal coating.

    I cut a shield out of kitchen foil (3rd picture), then used strips of 1/2" wide double sided tape to attach it to & insulate it from the card.

    Reinstalled the now shielded card, connected up the LCD cables & digitizer screen cables, powered up.

    IT WORKS!!!

    Applied double sided tape to retain the touchscreen, reassembled everything & I'm back in business!!!

    Just wish I'd thought to try the other control card before removing the OEM digitizer screen. Could have saved myself a lot of work & a $30 digitizer screen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Verell; 10/27/2013 at 03:38 PM.
  15. #855  
    Quote Originally Posted by Verell View Post
    Several months ago the top inch or so of my touchscreen stopped working, & even more annoying, would sometimes start giving a bunch of false touches in the left side of the bad area. I've been living with it, and occasionally it would work find for a few days.

    Today I finally got up enough nerve to replace the digitizer screen.

    I removed the old screen, then before I double sided taped the new screen down I tested the new screen
    by laying it on top of the plastic surround & connecting the LCE & digitizer screen flat cables.

    #@$!@% The new digitizer screen acted just like the old one!!!

    Made sure the digitizer flat cables were fully & sqarely inserted in their connectors & tried again: No change

    Removed the TouchController card & replaced it with another one from a 32G touchpad I'd bought for parts & to practice replacing the digitizer screen.

    Reassembled enough to do a test, this time the digitizer works properly!!

    FIXED THE PROBLEM!!!

    However, now I had a NEW PROBLEM: 4G CARD WAS FOIL WRAPPED!!!

    The 4G touchpad's TouchController was wrapped with adhesive backed foil shielding, while the 32G card was unshielded (see attached pictures). I'm guessing that the shielding was to keep the 4G's cellular signals from interfering with the digitizer card.

    Lifting some of the foil shield revealed that the 4G card was conformal coated, while the 32G card was not. Presumably the conformal coating is to prevent the foil from touching signal runs.

    So I needed to add a shield to the replacement card and use something in lieu of the conformal coating.

    I cut a shield out of kitchen foil (3rd picture), then used strips of 1/2" wide double sided tape to attach it to & insulate it from the card.

    Reinstalled the now shielded card, connected up the LCD cables & digitizer screen cables, powered up.

    IT WORKS!!!

    Applied double sided tape to retain the touchscreen, reassembled everything & I'm back in business!!!

    Just wish I'd thought to try the other control card before removing the OEM digitizer screen. Could have saved myself a lot of work & a $30 digitizer screen.
    I assume you attempted to re-calibrate the Digitizer (original), the TouchChips board needs a new re-calibration every once in a while...

    I detail this in getting Touchpad's and Touchpad Go's digitizer fixed in this thread...

    Owners of Both Pre Plus & Pre 3
    Gwidion likes this.
  16. #856  
    so.. uh.. T-Mobile's new $0 for 200MB data package.. any thoughts? and/or ways of unlocking these devices to try it out?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  17. Gwidion's Avatar
    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    #857  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    so.. uh.. T-Mobile's new $0 for 200MB data package.. any thoughts? and/or ways of unlocking these devices to try it out?
    Hi Eric, here is somebody around who is able to unlock. (in my case it wasn't necessary)
  18. #858  
    ... and then it's a matter of actually getting that plan. it's not clear if that's "iPad Only" or if they intend to offer it to anyone.. or if they ever actually will offer it.. nothing on their site about it..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  19. Gwidion's Avatar
    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    #859  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    ... and then it's a matter of actually getting that plan. it's not clear if that's "iPad Only" or if they intend to offer it to anyone.. or if they ever actually will offer it.. nothing on their site about it..
    I'm sure you can clarify this at a T-Mobile store :-)
  20. #860  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I assume you attempted to re-calibrate the Digitizer (original), the TouchChips board needs a new re-calibration every once in a while...

    I detail this in getting Touchpad's and Touchpad Go's digitizer fixed in this thread...

    Owners of Both Pre Plus & Pre 3
    Actually I didn't know about that.

    However, the fact that it would sometimes start working for a day or two, and would give me bursts of bogus touches in that area, or if I flipped the TP over & tried to use the keyboard it would give me strikes on two keys makes me doubt that calibration was the problem. Would have tried it if I'd known about it tho.

Posting Permissions