Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 323738394041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
    Yep! That looks Locked alright!
    Indeed.. time to PM the CJ-Man.. with your 'IMEI' Number handy.
    And then Slate that ebay seller!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Thanks all for trying to help me, its much appreciated.

I sent a message to the eBay seller and he replied back with a unlock code.

But im not even sure how and where to enter it.
    The only ive seen the unlock screen was right after ive doctored it and the TP rebooted. But as with the PIN code screen the unlock screen pop up for a second and then vanished before I was able to enter anything so there is not time enough to enter a short PIN code or the looooong unlock code.

I just got back from a store of my carrier and they let me try a data only SIM-card, but same thing there, the window asking for the PIN code vanishes after a second. Also tried entering the Accounts and setup to unlock the SIM, since it asks for the code when I do that. Just as with my own SIM it tells me the PIN is incorrect.

So maybe its locked, would be nice if the unlock screen could be launched on demand.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Ive got it working now.

I had almost given up but put my SIM back in there.
    The PIN screen just blinked past so I turned cellular off and on again.
    When the PIN screen turned up again I just mashed the same button over and over and suddenly it registered my taps.

It seems like the PIN screen is visible way too short but once it registers a keypress it will pause and wont disappear.
    So I deleted the numbers I tapped in frenzy and entered the correct PIN which it accepted.

Then it went on to ask for the unlock code.
    Tapped the digit 3 over and over again just to get it to register a keypress, in case it would disappear too.
    Once it registered a keypress I deleted them numbers and entered the unlock code the eBay seller had supplied to me earlier today when nothing else seemed to work.

It took the code, signal bar went blank, "No signal" vanished, signal strength back to full and suddenly my operator name was visible and I had 3G connection. Also said something about my carrier being unlocked.

There must be some kind of bug with the PIN security screen since its only visible for a very short time, maybe the pause timer for it is set way too short? (mine was doctored to 3.05) .

If it happens to anyone else, be ready and just tap that the same key over and over to make it register a keypress and eventually it will. Then just delete the wrong numbers, enter the correct code and you are on your way.
    Last edited by Andreas; 07/05/2013 at 12:31 PM.

**!!!So it is not a Touchpad - but a MASHpad!!!**

Well Done.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Congrats!
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Thank you for helping out.

Would be nice if there was a way to fix the PIN login screen so that it wont disappear so fast, its not just that it vanishes quickly its also a bit unresponsive of my keypresses. How does it work for you guys?
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post

Would be nice if there was a way to fix the PIN login screen so that it wont disappear so fast, its not just that it vanishes quickly its also a bit unresponsive of my keypresses. How does it work for you guys?
    I've got no Pin Login :-)
    i'm glad you didn't enter the PIN too many times, I was told that it permanently locks up after 10+ failed attempts.

at least you are past that hurdle now.

No worries Andreas - but it sounds like You were the one who finally cracked it with your feverent finger-stabbing tactics!

I've got no PIN Log In either - I find it a 'PITA' forever having to add passcodes/words/numbers etc just to Log into a machine - or a Website!

There must be a creatable 'tweak' to lengthen the display time of that page though....

~ So CeeJay - what locks up, the Radio Card, the SIM or the OS itself?
    If the former, I guess then it's off to 'ebay' for an Unlocked card?

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I havent seen the option to remove the PIN in the TP or Pre3 but im sure it was possible with older devices, maybe I should dig out my Pre or Treo650 to check if they could program/remove the PIN on the SIM-card?
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I havent seen the option to remove the PIN in the TP or Pre3 but im sure it was possible with older devices, maybe I should dig out my Pre or Treo650 to check if they could program/remove the PIN on the SIM-card?
    I've done with my Treo 650 :-) (but I'm sure, it is possible also with Pre)
    Finally made it to my local AT&T store and got my 4G TouchPad activated. They wanted $36 for activation....when I pointed out that I could go prepay with no activation fee, they waived it. Be sure that you don't pay for activation!
    Last edited by mmervine; 07/06/2013 at 06:23 PM.
    TouchPad 4G, TouchPad 32GB w/4.4.4
    I'm happy to say that I've joined the club. Picked one up on eBay, and it turned out that it was even already unlocked! (Or never locked in the first place. It was new in box). Now the trick will be to get a tablet SIM from Rogers without them charging me $12/month for the privilege.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    I've done with my Treo 650 :-) (but I'm sure, it is possible also with Pre)
    Was able to do it on the TP, didnt think it had that option but there is a setting named Unlock SIM Card, dont know why I didnt noticed that before.

Noticed that the SIM code screen will stay visible if I launch the Phone app before switching off aeroplane mode so now it actually works with the locked SIM as well but ive done like you and unlocked it for easier use.
    Last edited by Andreas; 07/23/2013 at 02:03 AM.
    Hi everyone!!!

I join to this thread because I have a new HP TouchPad 4G running with my local phone provider (Telcel) and the mobile connection is working perfectly...but my doubt is the next:

How can I do for make working the 3G connection on CM10???

It's there way for making function the mobile connection!?

Thanks in advance!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    Quote Originally Posted by sshaka View Post
    Hi everyone!!!

How can I do for make working the 3G connection on CM10???

Thanks in advance!!!
    sshaka:

See the Android on 4G TouchPad thread. The second post has links to CM10 builds for the 4G: Android on 4G TouchPad

Details on features, installation help, SIMs, SMS setup, etc. are here: CyanogenMod 9 and 10 - TouchPad 4G

Check back in a week or two as updates are coming on these links.

John
    Last edited by NewbyJE; 08/06/2013 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Updates coming
    sshaka likes this.
    Does anyone know where I can find a working motherboard replacement for my touchpad 4G? I overvolted mine with a charger and now it is dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by brizmontay View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find a working motherboard replacement for my touchpad 4G? I overvolted mine with a charger and now it is dead.
    OUCH!!!

Not sure there is any source. Regardless, it would probably be cheaper to buy a complete brand new sealed in-box TouchPad 4G on eBay for ~$200.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by brizmontay View Post

"A" charger - or an 'HP' Charger? Just out of interest?

Agreed ~ a replacement unit from ebay will probably be quickest and easiest - and then at least you'll also have a few spare parts for it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    "A" charger - or an 'HP' Charger? Just out of interest?

Agreed ~ a replacement unit from ebay will probably be quickest and easiest - and then at least you'll also have a few spare parts for it anyway.

It was a car charger with multiple voltges