Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
    Sorry for the newbie question but, I have just bought an unlocked touchpad 4g off eBay (new in box) and I would like activated it on at&t but it keeps saying something about the sim not being provisioned and I can't get the at&t connection manager to give me an option to purchase a data pass. Also if it helps I have gotten to work with my T-Mobile sim.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbyJE View Post
    Herrie:

The ports are being assigned correctly by the kernel, but WebOS seems like it may be trying to use the wrong port. Hard to be sure from the til log, but it is clearly not connecting. Couple of more things to do for me. Look for a log file called "modeminfo" and send it. Also, create a list of the enumerated devices from a command prompt ($ ls -la /dev > ports.txt) and send it.

Yep, that CM10 build is for the Ericsson and will not work with the Sierra. If you PM me with your email address, I will send you a link to the Seirra build and some instructions in about an hour or so on how to install and dump logs.

John
    I couldn't find that file, only thing I could do was PmModemInfo -e?

$PmModemInfo = Version 1.1.10 2011 July@ Palm Inc
    $MODEM MODEL=UMTS
    $MODEM VENDOR=SIERRA
    $FW VERSION=M9200B-SCAQWBZD-X3051904
    $IMEI=AXXXX7804064XXXX
    $IMEI/MEID success!

I attached the ports.txt as well.

I sent you a PM with me email details as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I attached the ports.txt as well.
    No attachment?

I just sent you an email ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam_Kelly View Post
    Sorry for the newbie question but, I have just bought an unlocked touchpad 4g off eBay (new in box) and I would like activated it on at&t but it keeps saying something about the sim not being provisioned and I can't get the at&t connection manager to give me an option to purchase a data pass. Also if it helps I have gotten to work with my T-Mobile sim.
    Look back a few posts and see if this helps: 4G TouchPad Owners Lounge
    No attachment?

I just sent you an email ...
    Thnx replied, seems like attachment somehow dropped off (was maybe too early in the morning still to do it....) Will post it when I get back home tonight.
    Here we go, the ports.txt
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Look back a few posts and see if this helps: 4G TouchPad Owners Lounge
    Ok, I tried to set the APN to lwaactivate in both webOS and android with no luck, it just will not let me change it, is there something I am missing?
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Hi all, became a member of the 4G club recently, and was unable to get internet access until I followed the APN settings on the 18th page of this thread. They looked very familiar from the old days of hooking my Palm PDA's to cellphones. I did get the 3g icon immediately, but wanted to see at least an H+. I'm using my AT&T sim from my SIII, and a home-made carrier cut from an older Mini SIM card.

I did another search for "AT&T APN" and found this page

Changing the "Internet APN" to simply "pta" (no quotes) with no username or password switched it up to H+ :-)

WyreNut
    Pre2/3/TouchPad, and TouchDroid user.
    Quote Originally Posted by WyreNut View Post
    Changing the "Internet APN" to simply "pta" (no quotes) with no username or password switched it up to H+ :-)WyreNut
    Your SIM from the Galaxy SIII is tied to an LTE account and 'pta' is the AT&T APN for LTE accounts. You have to use this APN with this SIM. The Ericsson cellular modem does not support LTE, but it will connect at H+.

If you have the 3G AT&T SIM that comes with the TP 4G, then you can use 'broadband' as the APN and the cellular modem will also connect at H+.
    Last edited by NewbyJE; 03/24/2013 at 12:25 AM.
    Barry, since you seem to be around again :-) Any ideas why my MC7710 won't work in webOS 3.0.5 but works fine in NewbyJE's CM10 build? The MC7710 does get initialized as it seems but there are no bars, no GPS, no carrier name and it doesn't show up in Device Info. Any suggestions are welcome since NewbyJE was out of ideas :-(

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Barry, since you seem to be around again :-) Any ideas why my MC7710 won't work in webOS 3.0.5 but works fine in NewbyJE's CM10 build? The MC7710 does get initialized as it seems but there are no bars, no GPS, no carrier name and it doesn't show up in Device Info. Any suggestions are welcome since NewbyJE was out of ideas :-(

Herrie,

- Are you positive you got the antenna's connected to their proper connections on the MBM?
    - Try disconnecting the GPS/Aux and leave just the main antenna connected.
    - if that helps, then you should flash your MBM. I think NewbyJE can help you with this if you need assistance.
    - From my experience, Sierra MBM's seem to perform better in webOS with GPS enabled on the AUX connector of the MBM instead of on the direct GPS connector.
    - Have you tried forcing the APN after turning manual settings on in the phone preferences menu? Try the following steps in their exact order. Don't skip any.
    1). Enable data roaming
    2). Turn on airplane mode
    3). After a few seconds turn off airplane mode.
    4). wait for sim registration
    5). You should see bars at this point, if you see bars and get a data connection, then you are done,
    - If you don't see bars, continue to step 6,
    - if you see bars but have no data connection, jump to step 7.

6). Use the old 3G APN settings to try to jump start a network connection. here's why:
    HSPA+ is now enabled over this ancient APN when it's setup with the username and password. If you leave those two fields blank when using this APN, you'll only get 3G (not HSPA+). 3G devices connect on 1900, HSPA+ devices connect on 850. Those are the traditional GSM/GPRS, 2G, 3G, and HSPA+ bands here in North America. . As you probably know, LTE is completely different. It connects using a different set of frequency bands. Since you are having troubles, lets stick with troubleshooting using the established bands.

APN: wap.cingular
    username: CINGULARGPRS
    pw: CINGULAR1
    skip mms configuration for now

7. Try each of these APN settings one at a time. I suggest you try them in the order I have them listed in.
    You can also try turning airplane mode off and then back on again after making a change, sometimes the data connection gets successfully refreshed after doing that.

- APN: broadband
    username: (leave blank)
    password (leave blank)

- APN: isp.cingular

Now try the LTE APN - only if you're using an LTE enabled SIM
    - APN pta
    password (leave blank)

That should keep you busy for awhile. Please post your results afterwards. If it's not working properly with any of those settings, then double check your antenna connections / antennas again and start over.

In the meantime, I'll look up a couple more old APN's known to be still in use you can try if all else fails.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Herrie,

- Are you positive you got the antenna's connected to their proper connections on the MBM?
    - Try disconnecting the GPS/Aux and leave just the main antenna connected.
    - if that helps, then you should flash your MBM. I think NewbyJE can help you with this if you need assistance.
    - From my experience, Sierra MBM's seem to perform better in webOS with GPS enabled on the AUX connector of the MBM instead of on the direct GPS connector.
    - Have you tried forcing the APN after turning manual settings on in the phone preferences menu? Try the following steps in their exact order. Don't skip any.
    1). Enable data roaming
    2). Turn on airplane mode
    3). After a few seconds turn off airplane mode.
    4). wait for sim registration
    5). You should see bars at this point, if you see bars and get a data connection, then you are done,
    - If you don't see bars, continue to step 6,
    - if you see bars but have no data connection, jump to step 7.

6). Use the old 3G APN settings to try to jump start a network connection. here's why:
    HSPA+ is now enabled over this ancient APN when it's setup with the username and password. If you leave those two fields blank when using this APN, you'll only get 3G (not HSPA+). 3G devices connect on 1900, HSPA+ devices connect on 850. Those are the traditional GSM/GPRS, 2G, 3G, and HSPA+ bands here in North America. . As you probably know, LTE is completely different. It connects using a different set of frequency bands. Since you are having troubles, lets stick with troubleshooting using the established bands.

APN: wap.cingular

7. Try each of these APN settings one at a time. I suggest you try them in the order I have them listed in.
    You can also try turning airplane mode off and then back on again after making a change, sometimes the data connection gets successfully refreshed after doing that.

- APN: broadband
    password (leave blank)

- APN: isp.cingular

Now try the LTE APN - only if you're using an LTE enabled SIM
    - APN pta
    password (leave blank)

That should keep you busy for awhile. Please post your results afterwards. If it's not working properly with any of those settings, then double check your antenna connections / antennas again and start over.

In the meantime, I'll look up a couple more old APN's known to be still in use you can try if all else fails.

TTB
    Hi Barry,

I'm sure it was connected fine (tried both options but no luck). Bars showed up in Android build by NewbyJE too, so I'm sure the MC7710 itself is working OK.

I'll switch my Ericsson with the MC7710 again in the next couple of days and try the steps you provided to see if I can get it working.

Thanks
    Herrie
    Still no luck. Tried airplane on/off, played with data and APN settings, tried sim cards for 2 different operators (Vodafone NL and Lycamobile NL as well). No bars, no nothing :-( Do you know of anyone else who has a 7710 working? 7700 seems to work fine from what I can read. 7710 should work but I cannot get it to work :-( Any idea how to up/downgrade firmware for it? Device Info only shows ATT as carrier, no IMEI, firmware and ICCD info with 7710, OK with Ericsson...

HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Will 3G work in Europe or does the chip only support US 4G- and 3G-bands?

Also, how do they behave regarding activation, is it like the phones where you get on shot only to select a App Catalog country or like a normal Touchpad where you can change it by creating a new webOS-account?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    It works in Germany, but it's English only :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    I thought I'd start a thread for us 4G TouchPad owners. We need a repository for tips and tricks, nuances of living a 4G TP life, and what its like having a real SIM stuck in your slot. It's lonely on the forum when you're riding a Unicorn.

I'll start it up in my next post.
    Joined the TP 4G club today. Working on WIFI and updated to 3.0.5...will try activating the HSPA+ in a few days!
    TouchPad 4G, TouchPad 32GB w/4.4.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Will 3G work in Europe or does the chip only support US 4G- and 3G-bands?

Also, how do they behave regarding activation, is it like the phones where you get on shot only to select a App Catalog country or like a normal Touchpad where you can change it by creating a new webOS-account?
    works like a normal touchpad, and I've been using one in the UK for over a year now with no major issues
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    I have tested my TP 4G with 2 carriers, Airtel and BSNL in Bangalore a India and it works absolutely fine.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Finally joined this club and bought a 4G TP.

Just to be sure, can I activate and create a new account with my swedish SIM or would it then get locked to a non-existing swedish App Catalog like a phone would or is it 100% like a WIFI-touchpad when it comes to activation ie no worries at all?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G