Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer765 View Post
    AT&T Communication Manager doesn't work.
    Ooops. Missed both that and the Carrier String change. I've only had the 4G a week and I'm still trying to figure out how it works. . .
    another touchpad will be unlocked, code sent.
    brizmontay likes this.
    touchpad unlocked thanks to ceejayr
    Any TP4G users on AT&T with carrier billing working in the app catalog? Carrier billing works fine on my Pre 3, but not on the TP4G.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    So is there a list of US carriers that the radio in the 4G is compatible with if the device has been unlocked? What about the new LTE module that TTB has installed in his 4G?

I have AT&T service right now for my Pre 2 so it really is not an issue for me, but I would like to know if there is a cheaper option than AT&T.

Thanks
    Just wanted to express my thanks to ceejayr for getting my Touchpad 4G unlocked. I think that makes 10
    ceejayr likes this.
    Hello World - I just got my TP 4G today and would like to try unlocking it. I've scoured the web and this seems to be the only place where people have had any luck. If you can help please send me a PM - ty
    I can to the unlocks. sent you pm.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I have installed LunaCE 4.9.5 (current beta) on my TP 4G, seems to work fine so far, all my installed patches do well (ThumbNav with the restriction described in http://http://forums.webosnation.com...-thumbnav.html). In the initial post, Rod says "not supported on 4G". Apparently it works well but maybe no tests are run specifically for 4G. So far, that's very OK for me
    I have also installed LunaCE 4.9.5 on my TP4G, it seems to work well but have not spent much time on it yet (more time on android alpha3 build)

sidenote: I've also sent replies to those needing 4G unlocks who had messaged me.
    AT&T Communication Manager doesn't work. It won't launch at all the 4G. I filed the bug, but was closed due to device not compatible. I would've offered to send the ipk for the app for analysis/testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Ooops. Missed both that and the Carrier String change. I've only had the 4G a week and I'm still trying to figure out how it works. . .
    Ok, I fixed the AT&T Communication Manager with LunaCE. Apparently the problem is that the app has an appID of com.palm.app.smartcom.acmthinclient and a folder name of smartcom.acmthinclient. Luna refuses to launch the app because it fails a security check. I'm assuming it verifies the appID is the same as the folder name to prevent running rogue apps. To fix the problem, change the folder name from smartcom.acmthinclient to com.palm.app.smartcom.acmthinclient and do a luna restart.
    The folder is located in /usr/palm/applications
    Last edited by gamer765; 10/18/2012 at 09:44 PM.
    Devices:
    HP TouchPad WiFi 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.2 Kernel 3.0
    HP TouchPad 4G 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.1 MBM Beta
    HTC One (T-Mobile)
    Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
    Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
    yorxs likes this.
    Ok, I fixed the AT&T Communication Manager with LunaCE. Apparently the problem is that the app has an appID of com.palm.app.smartcom.acmthinclient and a folder name of smartcom.acmthinclient. Luna refuses to launch the app because it fails a security check. I'm assuming it verifies the appID is the same as the folder name to prevent running rogue apps. To fix the problem, change the folder name from smartcom.acmthinclient to com.palm.app.smartcom.acmthinclient and do a luna restart.
    Having problems fixing this. I am using Internalz to view /usr/palm/applications but I do not see the folder smartcom.acmthinclient. What am I missing?
    Are you sure? Are you using Internalz Pro and not Internalz?
    Devices:
    HTC One (T-Mobile)
    Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
    Ok, I fixed the AT&T Communication Manager with LunaCE.... To fix the problem, change the folder name from smartcom.acmthinclient to com.palm.app.smartcom.acmthinclient and do a luna restart.
    Thanks! Worked like a charm.

Sent from my HP TouchPad 4G
    I was finally able to find the smartcom.acmthinclient folder, but I have to click and hold while dragging the folder list upwards. This will show 4 extra folders, but as soon as I release the 4 folders bounce off the screen. The last folder I can see without force dragging up is com.palm.app.YouTube. I thought the odd behavior might be because these folders are hidden, but I checked my Internalz settings and show hidden is on as well as master mode.. I am using Internalz Pro BTW.
    Finally solved the problem by reverse sorting the directory to get the folder to appear. Either my Internalz is broken or I don't know how to use it.
    I keep internalz pro in free orientation mode and launch it in landscape, it shows all folders without a problem that way. As for the folders not appearing, i think thats a bug, that's why i launch in landscape, a workaround is to somehow get Internalz pro to pull up the keyboard, do not dismiss it, when you browse Internalz pro with the keyboard open, it will work normally, just dont dismiss the keyboard.
    Devices:
    HTC One (T-Mobile)
    Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
    OK I'm a happy owner of a TP 4G now too, seems that's it was already unlocked when I got it Got it for a reasonable price, new in the box as it seems. Looks like it was powered on, unlocked and doctored to 3.0.5 only. For the rest it's looking all new including all plastic etc

Seems to boot a tad faster compared to my regular TP as well
    Hooray!

The 4G comes with a higher clocked processor than the wifi version. =)
    Hooray!

The 4G comes with a higher clocked processor than the wifi version. =)